SHTF, so now what do you actually intend to do? - Page 3
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

SHTF, so now what do you actually intend to do?

This is a discussion on SHTF, so now what do you actually intend to do? within the General Prepper and Survival Talk forums, part of the Survivalist, Prepper, Bushcrafter, Forest Rangers category; Originally Posted by morganrogue This is always a fun topic because there's really not much you can do against blowing your ear drums out whether ...

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree134Likes

Thread: SHTF, so now what do you actually intend to do?

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by morganrogue View Post
    This is always a fun topic because there's really not much you can do against blowing your ear drums out whether you're in a car or walking. Pretty much, if you plan to use a firearm for defense, plan to go deaf sooner rather than later.
    Huh?
    Speak up and face me so I can see your lips.
    Hidden Content
    "Reality is almost always wrong."
    Dr. Gregory House

This one is easy...

If I am at home at the time SHTF, I'll just stay put and we'll be just fine. We are far away from a metro area and most of our neighbors (such as they are) are into self-sufficiency too.

Lately, I have had a lot of trips to the mid-Atlantic states for business. So if SHTF when I am there, getting home will be the big challenge.

I figure my first step will be to head due west and meet up with our friend Pastor Dwight. He always has some good pasta dishes cooking as well as homemade pies. From there, I'll head due south and stop off in KY to hang with our pal Juskom for a day or two. After that, I'll continue south to Slippy Lodge. I am sure I can work out a trade with Slip for some hardtack and quality bourbon and maybe a pike. After that, I'll head due west again to Big-D and meet up with our friend Inceptor and his wife. Then it will be onto the Four Corners area and hanging with my pal Deebo.

That is where things might get a little wild. Deebo is great guy and there is nobody I trust more. But when Deebo and I hang out together, things often get kind of crazy. So assuming I survive an evening or two drinking Plum Loco wine with Deebo and Mrs Deebo, it is just a hop, skip and a jump to get back to M.T. Acres.
    inceptor, Denton and Redneck like this.
    rest in peace Corporal Bradley Coy 06/08/92-10/24/14

Joe

We live in a rural area. We will hunker down here with our stores and keep the firearms close at hand.
    Denton likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Inor View Post
    This one is easy...

If I am at home at the time SHTF, I'll just stay put and we'll be just fine. We are far away from a metro area and most of our neighbors (such as they are) are into self-sufficiency too.

Lately, I have had a lot of trips to the mid-Atlantic states for business. So if SHTF when I am there, getting home will be the big challenge.

I figure my first step will be to head due west and meet up with our friend Pastor Dwight. He always has some good pasta dishes cooking as well as homemade pies. From there, I'll head due south and stop off in KY to hang with our pal Juskom for a day or two. After that, I'll continue south to Slippy Lodge. I am sure I can work out a trade with Slip for some hardtack and quality bourbon and maybe a pike. After that, I'll head due west again to Big-D and meet up with our friend Inceptor and his wife. Then it will be onto the Four Corners area and hanging with my pal Deebo.

That is where things might get a little wild. Deebo is great guy and there is nobody I trust more. But when Deebo and I hang out together, things often get kind of crazy. So assuming I survive an evening or two drinking Plum Loco wine with Deebo and Mrs Deebo, it is just a hop, skip and a jump to get back to M.T. Acres.
    If ya care to swing north for a bit of cool breeze on your way back to M.T.Acres...you'd be welcome at our fire anytime.
    Inor likes this.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~
    Not even that.

Quote Originally Posted by Hatchee View Post
    So, that got me thinking........exactly what do you actually intend to do and where do you intend to go? Hunker down where you are with existing supplies, head to a national forest and live off the land, or do you have property where you will be relatively safe? What is your plan?
    We're already where we'll be, and rarely outside of a few days walk back if EMP hits while down for supplies or a night in town. Good to think about these things imo; better still to enjoy life while being aware of your surroundings. Stay safe!
    inceptor and Redneck like this.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~
    Not even that.

We're leaving.
    Black Lives Matter. Proud to live in a sanctuary city.

Plans? We are supposed to have plans? Nawwww, I am going to depend on the warm and caring benevolence of my fellow human beings. Things will be just peachy.
    " All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: Freedom, Justice, Honor, Duty, Mercy, Hope" .Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by Prepared One View Post
    Plans? We are supposed to have plans? Nawwww, I am going to depend on the warm and caring benevolence of my fellow human beings. Things will be just peachy.
    Head towards Seattle. I understand there will be at least one less person there, because apparently paying higher taxes to keep it a sanctuary city doesn't help when the liberals hit the fan.
    Just because I am peaceful does not mean I have forgotten how to be violent.
    If I am to die tonight I shall see that the night does not pass quietly.

Hidden Content

Hidden Content (Not a troll, a 12 Charlie)
    Hidden Content

I plan to relocate to a more secure location.
    We are in a suburb neighborhood. I don't like that many people around when panic sets in, and it will.
    To my knowledge, none of my close neighbors are prepared for any extended period without modern conveniences.
    I personally know the people behind us, and know they have two wood burning stoves, but that's the extent of it.

So, with my new 7ft fence and double-wide gate, I plan to back the pickup into the backyard(assuming the truck still works), load up what I can of food, water, security, clothing, and any other goodies needed for an extended vacation, and head to the folks' place just out of town.
    I grew up out there, and we all know the neighbors fairly well. Seems the best place to ride out the initial die off in relative safety away from the huddles and panicked masses.
    Denton likes this.
    "Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." - H. L. Mencken

I live in the mountains of East Tennessee on about 50 acres bordering a national forest (about 15 miles from Hot Springs, NC). I made an inventory of ammo the other day thousands of rounds in stock, but will continue to buy and reload. About 2 months of food and still stocking. If things REALLY turn to [email protected] I MIGHT put out toe poppers in the drive and paths to the house. I'm to remote for any strangers to have business here. Trespassers in the area will not be tolerated and most of the people up here are independent and well armed.
    Denton and hardcore like this.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links