What Kind of Prepper Are You? - Page 2
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

What Kind of Prepper Are You?

This is a discussion on What Kind of Prepper Are You? within the General Prepper and Survival Talk forums, part of the Survivalist, Prepper, Bushcrafter, Forest Rangers category; Originally Posted by Redneck ...I prep for most of the families on our rural, dead end lane... Hopefully the stores will provide the glue to ...

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Like Tree198Likes

Thread: What Kind of Prepper Are You?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Redneck View Post
    ...I prep for most of the families on our rural, dead end lane... Hopefully the stores will provide the glue to hold our little community together....
    I suppose without realizing it, this is the answer I was hoping for.
    When bad stuff happens, someone will lead. Those of that have chosen to "be that guy" do so for different reasons.

Of course, I love my family and will do everything possible to protect them. But that's not enough.
    Our Nation, our way of life is worth fighting for. Unfortunately, there are too many Weak Sisters out there without the tools nor inclination to step up. They are happy to be ignorant, and content giving their power and freedom away.

If you wanna live for purely selfish reasons, I have no beef with you. Strong individuals make for a strong society. But to me, a strong society is the goal. I'll be the idiot making some risky choices to help people I hardly know. I trained my kids well, they can survive without me. What they can't live with is a father who is afraid to fight.
    Redneck likes this.

What is this "prepper" thing of which you speak?

(I'm here because @Mish made me...)

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Slippy View Post
    What is this "prepper" thing of which you speak?

(I'm here because @Mish made me...)
    I told you to clean the bathroom and take the trash out before you were allowed to use the internet!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
    Hidden Content Originally Posted by Slippy Hidden Content
    (Slippy is happy that Mish is the daughter he is glad he never had)
    "Sticking feathers up your butt does not make you a chicken." Tyler Durden
    #mishyloveshersometequila

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Banned

I taught my daughter to shoot when she was thirteen.

What Kind of Prepper Are You?-em-s-first-target.jpg

This was her first target, at 20 yards. She doesn't even like shooting. But I made darn sure she knew how.
    I've taken other family, friends and co-workers out and schooled them as well.
    We all share skills among ourselves in places like this. How often do you help others elsewhere?

OSC

Quote Originally Posted by Chipper View Post
    WHY cause it's the smart thing to do. Heck even a squirrel has enough smarts to put a nut or two away for a rainy day.

My sentiments exactly. I have sort of a unique perspective I guess. I go to the LEPC meetings and see what the “official” response profile is going to be. I’ve witnessed about 15 major natural disasters up close and 9 times out of 10, the playbook was followed. I studied Katrina and it was not followed then—GWB basically screwed the pooch.

So restoration of power, food and water aid is pretty much covered. So my profile is on short-term responses. Having enough gasoline to get us out of the “hot zone” is the smartest play that I have seen so far.

Third holler on the right. Then up the road a piece
    Quote Originally Posted by Winston Smith View Post
    I taught my daughter to shoot when she was thirteen.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Em's First Target.jpg 
Views:	93 
Size:	560.9 KB 
ID:	61642

This was her first target, at 20 yards. She doesn't even like shooting. But I made darn sure she knew how.
    I've taken other family, friends and co-workers out and schooled them as well.
    We all share skills among ourselves in places like this. How often do you help others elsewhere?
    If your daughter doesn't like shooting then you have failed her and are a failure. I taught my daughters to shoot at 5 years old they shoot better than I do. They hunt, kill, field dress, cook and eat what they kill.

Shame on you for failing your daughter she should love shooting and hunting.
    AquaHull and RubberDuck like this.
    "The clever cat eats cheese and breathes down rat holes with baited breath." W. C. Fields

Ouch! But I like it
    hawgrider and RubberDuck like this.

Quote Originally Posted by hawgrider View Post
    If your daughter doesn't like shooting then you have failed her and are a failure. I taught my daughters to shoot at 5 years old they shoot better than I do. They hunt, kill, field dress, cook and eat what they kill.

Shame on you for failing your daughter she should love shooting and hunting.
    Disagree with you completely. As parents, all we can do is expose our kids to the proper life experiences... we can't make them love them. Nothing to be said that daughter might not find a new appreciation for shooting later in life.

We prepare for what nature can do, because it has happen and will again. Our goal is not to depend on the government, they are not much good at it.
    We prepare for civil unrest because again it has happened and will again. Good chance it will get more violent. We will hunt no one but they had better not hunt us.
    We don't want to depend on a Government to care for us or others around us. Society is best served when we take the lead.
    We will stay put hold what is ours, help those we can. This is not a new way of life it has gone on for generations.
    New life as a house husband, major shift in duties.

Karl Marx said, "Destroy their culture, rewrite their history. Ruin their art and literature, and defame their heroes, by offering fabrications to scandalize that which they considered good.
    After reading this Obama said I am on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty901 View Post
    We prepare for what nature can do, because it has happen and will again. Our goal is not to depend on the government, they are not much good at it.
    We prepare for civil unrest because again it has happened and will again. Good chance it will get more violent. We will hunt no one but they had better not hunt us.
    We don't want to depend on a Government to care for us or others around us. Society is best served when we take the lead.
    We will stay put hold what is ours, help those we can. This is not a new way of life it has gone on for generations.
    That pretty much covers it. Plus we know how good the government is about HELPING people.
    Smitty901 likes this.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links