planning phases
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

planning phases

This is a discussion on planning phases within the General Prepper and Survival Talk forums, part of the Survivalist, Prepper, Bushcrafter, Forest Rangers category; don't need/want to know the details but this has caused a line of thought that needs to be discussed/argued, even thought about but what are ...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: planning phases

planning phases

don't need/want to know the details but this has caused a line of thought that needs to be discussed/argued, even thought about

but what are your plans triggers?? (eg phase 1-2) and do you plan this way?

my understanding of the concept is each phase corresponds with a trigger so rough sound boarding here

so as such will pick a not so random local level event

phase one, the trigger (record wild fire warnings, I'm using fire as it effects most of us and a fresh event for most)

so get kit ready, be alarmed but not active

phase 2, danger is close, (firefighters are using pa systems, radio stations, requesting early evac of your area)

so move move move

phase 3??? evac plans in motion??

phase 4?? danger is gone time to rebuild??

idk phase planning stumps me, full me in??
    They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old:
    Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
    At the going down of the sun and in the morning,
    We will remember them

Lest we forget

Corporal Bradley Coy 06/08/92-10/24/14

This reminds me of my 2 favorite quotes on panicking!

From D.D. Barant's Back from the Undead:

Paranoia is just the bastard child of fear and good sense." (Charlie)

"Poor thing. Let's adopt it, give it a last name and raise it right." (Jace)

"You want to get it a puppy, too?"

"Sure. We'll call it Panic. It and little Paranoia can play together at the park and scare the hell out of all the other kids.”

Author unknown:

He who panics first, panics best.

Everyone's situation is different so of course everyone's plans will be different.

In my case, If I am leaving (buggin' out) that implies that there are places that are much better off than where I am now. As in your example of a wildfire. In that case, I'm really not too worried. I'm grabbing a bag, my family, the cat, some cash, and the plastic, and we're headed to a nice La Quinta. I'll deal with what's left after the fires are out.

What I really worry about is the situations where there is no buggin' out, because there is no better place to be. I fear a big stinking economic collapse, followed by a food shortage, power outage, lawlessness, and gestapo-like government.

Step 1:
    My first reaction is no biggie and I can subtly practice it any time. Does the gate still close? Is the lock and chain where it is suppose to be? How fast can I block it with the Jeep and run back to the house? I do this occasionally.

Step 2:
    My next reactions I've never practiced, because they are not so subtle. But the general plan is to grab the plywood out of the workshop and board up all the downstairs windows and doors, leaving the only access in or out from the second floor deck. Set up the cheap Harbor Freight solar panels to run some lights at night if we are without power. Hold out for a few days and listen to the radio to see if the situation is improving or declining. I would have to see local news reports or actual evidence of trouble in my area to trigger this response.

Step 3:
    If it's not getting better, it's time to carefully check on my three neighbors and see if everyone is ok and has water. If after a few days things have not blown over, it's time to switch to the long game.

Step 4:
    Try not to starve or get killed until things improve. This is the long game.

That's my (completely useless to anyone else) SHTF plans.
    SquirrelBait likes this.
    ==(`'·.¸(`'·.¸ ¸.·'´)¸.·'´)==
    ¤´¨`·.¸¸.*Casie*.¸¸.·´¨`¤
    ==(¸.·'´(¸.·'´ `'·.¸)`'·.¸)==

yea I'm just trying to work out this style of planning

steeps are simple and I would plan a similar way, but phase planning has me stumped
    We will remember them

Lest we forget

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

For me it goes
    Recognition.
    Movement
    Site prep (I believe any predeveloped site just has to large a footprint to avoid notice I can very easily fit everything I need for my family in a cross country tow behind trailer 15ft)
    Survival mode 6 months (scum will have self selected at this point have contingency out to 18months)
    Return to homestead (caches buried for later retrieval)
    Reestablish homestead Connect with survivors
    Prosper
    Very rough outline

Quote Originally Posted by ApexPredator View Post
    For me it goes
    Recognition.
    Movement
    Site prep (I believe any predeveloped site just has to large a footprint to avoid notice I can very easily fit everything I need for my family in a cross country tow behind trailer 15ft)
    Survival mode 6 months (scum will have self selected at this point have contingency out to 18months)
    Return to homestead (caches buried for later retrieval)
    Reestablish homestead Connect with survivors
    Prosper
    Very rough outline
    is this done on phases or is this steep by steep??

as steep by steep makes perfect sense to me, phases have me completely lost when it comes to prepper planning, but brilliant example
    We will remember them

Lest we forget

Hum guess I dont understand what the question was. Do you mean like step by step like shit the news load the truck dodge checkpoints get into the woodline build shelter begin rationing supplies/limiting work ensure camo is good set out traps day 3. Like that to me a phase is a whole area of step by steps consolidated into one goal such as recognition kinda in that phase right now and it includes watching commodity prices and police/government actions awaiting food shortage etc.
    MrsInor likes this.

my question is more what exactly is phase planning?? is my example right or just a wild shot in the dark?? and people that plan using this method to give a extremely rough example just so I can the concept
    We will remember them

Lest we forget

I do not really understand the whole "phase prepping" concept. I mean, how do you tell when you are leaving phase 1 and entering phase 2? Life does not really seem to have these finely delineated things. Plus, with your history of firefighting etc., you know that NOTHING ever unfolds according to plan. So, I just make a primary plan for each scenario that I expect, then make 2-3 more plans to back out when that scenario proves to be wrong. Maintaining flexibility is the key in my arrogant opinion.
    Casie and bigdogbuc like this.

Well then phase planning would be just that planning the phases it would omit the details and focus on the overall plan you would use it in the initial planning to get your goals set out what you want to do and basically how you want to do it then you would deep dive each phase and figure out how to do it or develop a course of action for each phase. Its all very fluid and one planning method isn't exactly better than the other it really depends on your familiarity with it and your ability to recognize its strengths and weaknesses.
    omegabrock likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Inor View Post
    I do not really understand the whole "phase prepping" concept. I mean, how do you tell when you are leaving phase 1 and entering phase 2? Life does not really seem to have these finely delineated things. Plus, with your history of firefighting etc., you know that NOTHING ever unfolds according to plan. So, I just make a primary plan for each scenario that I expect, then make 2-3 more plans to back out when that scenario proves to be wrong. Maintaining flexibility is the key in my arrogant opinion.
    there is a dumbed down version with firefighting, but its based on available assets, first response to 10th response (first response is getting to scene, 10th is all hell has happened.. but in that setup its call reinforcements, put them to work, can more reinforcements, and pattern continues until enough assets are on scene)

and yep I agree maintain flexibility, I'm just trying to work out the concept of it... and weather its worth incorporating it into the "guidelines" but I'm still lost lol
    We will remember them

Lest we forget

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links