Home Invasion Gangs (Part I, Their Modus Operandi) - Page 8

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Home Invasion Gangs (Part I, Their Modus Operandi)

This is a discussion on Home Invasion Gangs (Part I, Their Modus Operandi) within the General Prepper and Survival Talk forums, part of the Survivalist, Prepper, Bushcrafter, Forest Rangers category; We've got most of that covered. 1). We have ADT 2). Our dogs are Large Bladder, African Veldt, Weasel dogs. Cute when young, but they ...

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast
Like Tree120Likes

Thread: Home Invasion Gangs (Part I, Their Modus Operandi)

We've got most of that covered.

1). We have ADT

2). Our dogs are Large Bladder, African Veldt, Weasel dogs. Cute when young, but they will attack a she-lion if she's carrying prey. Oh, we have to shop for their dog food at only one store on the far west side. It sells the only brand that tastes like a fresh kill. They got the nickname "large bladder" because once they hunker down to attack they will not move for anything but prey.

3). Both my wife and I shoot--and shoot again as needed.

We laugh about the cops coming to our house to chalk the body of an intruder. The lead detective will swear, "Yikes, I was sure this perp had a left leg when we got here..."

The little girl is my favorite. A solicitor going from house to house foolishly rang our doorbell. I looked at the little girl and she had the thousand yard stare of 'dead eyes.'

Call first if you drop by...

Quote Originally Posted by SOCOM42 View Post
    OK, @TGus ,

Does he remind anyone about our sand crab, 118LR?
    They say great minds think alike. I was having the exact same thoughts. I wonder if the next segment will feature where you should position your snipers and where the gang will position their snipers.
    SOCOM42 likes this.
    Sic Vis Pacem Para Bellum

Here, 70% of home invasion fall into somewhat defined categories.

Biggest, guys, gang or not, hitting a house selling drugs for the drugs and money.

Most of those don't even get reported unless someone is hospitalized or killed.

The second largest is gang related to the above reason but to include vengeance on the occupants.

Third is drug addicts needing money and to stupid to realize people are at home, they (perp.) get shot the most.

Anyone breaching my door/doors won't know, but they will have run into tremendous firepower.

It would be a very low percentage that survived that would come out into the country foraging,

and would be terminated quickly.
    Last edited by SOCOM42; 09-22-2017 at 02:01 PM.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

if a force of 30-40 comes screaming over the hill at the homestead.. will likely just give the broken arrow signal.. do as much damage and pick off what you can from 800 yds whilst the women and children retreat.. then fade away and guerilla the sh*t out of them at night.. which is why we would not store all our supplies in the houses, worst case they burn the whole place, and would have emergency shelters several miles away. communication and scouting within the ten mile radius would limit this, but anything is possible...
    -IN OMNIA PARATUS

Take a left by where that oak tree used to be
    Where's Will when we need him
    Slippy likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by White Shadow View Post
    Would that by chance have been issued by Mrs. Golightley's Happy Traveling University and Dry Cleaners?
    Name:  48b055cd18d032437067362b981bf55f618021b0a61063249150afc6cef9e7e1.jpg
Views: 71
Size:  38.7 KB
    "Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." - H. L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by Moonshinedave View Post
    Your location is Boston suburb? I could see something like that happening, least for awhile, in a liberal rich area. Yeah, some areas where guns are all but outlawed, and only possessed by LEO's and outlaws.
    Around these parts, people are pretty heavily armed, and in general, have a good sense of right and wrong. I may well be mistaken, but l couldn't see something like that flying for long around here.
    I appreciate what you are trying to say, but I guess the question is are humans generally good or evil? I've heard it said when things are at there worst is when humanity is at its best. Wonder if that's true?
    Thank you. That was a well-reasoned reply.

I agree that being heavily armed with training and good sense is necessary to deal with marauders, but they won't get you far without constant, (24/7), observation of the area around what you're trying to protect.

This type of gang relies on stealth and surprise to avoid a direct shootout with their targets. For example, what if you had a wife and they somehow kidnapped her for ransom? That's just one example of many possible ones. All I'm saying is, don't think your guns are going to guarantee deterrence of these gangs. And even if you understand this and are prepared for it, how many others in your parts would become victims because the gang is expert at finding and exploiting the small chink in their armor?

Quote Originally Posted by TGus View Post
    ...the gang is expert at finding and exploiting the small chink in their armor?

You racist bastard.
    yooper_sjd and stevekozak like this.
    "Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." - H. L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by charito View Post
    In a SHTF scenario - we're not talking only of juveniles, you know. Have you watched recent lootings on youtube? Most of them don't look juvenile to me.
    Believe me, they don't change much as they get older. They do become less impulsive and more calculating though.

Quote Originally Posted by Moonshinedave View Post
    I appreciate what you are trying to say, but I guess the question is are humans generally good or evil? I've heard it said when things are at there worst is when humanity is at its best. Wonder if that's true?
    We can each have our opinions about that, but what matters is what happens when the people in a society are completely freed from law enforcement. In every case, gangs like this pop up and thrive on those who cannot resist them.

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links