Post SHTF Gangs - Page 6
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Post SHTF Gangs

This is a discussion on Post SHTF Gangs within the General Prepper and Survival Talk forums, part of the Survivalist, Prepper, Bushcrafter, Forest Rangers category; Originally Posted by A Watchman Hey Gus .... help me out so I can make sure I am playing fair here ..... after reading a ...

Page 6 of 26 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast
Like Tree318Likes

Thread: Post SHTF Gangs

Quote Originally Posted by A Watchman View Post
    Hey Gus .... help me out so I can make sure I am playing fair here ..... after reading a couple of your new threads, are you asking the questions personally, or are you copying and pasting?
    No offense. These are my words and thoughts only. I don't need to look at other sources to ask questions, or share what I think about.

Quote Originally Posted by Coastie dad View Post
    As fair warning, your stating you were a therapist may have immediately tainted your credibility with me.
    Your assuredness that we may well fall prey to the urban animals your lenient ways have created did nothing to bolster that credibility.
    But, since you are new, I'll give you a Mulligan.
    Once.
    Does it help your tainted credibility if I reveal to you that I currently work for the Dept. of Revenue?

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarök View Post
    It is much more complex than just 3 types of gangs.... Anyways all those punk ass gangsters you see on the news will get quickly cleaned up by military and ex military militias that form communities if the grid goes down. They will secure their areas and look for other ex military groups to strengthen a territory either through peaceful alliance or by war.

The larger threat could come from cartels since their current cash flow provides them with higher end weaponry, technology, tactics, experience fighting police and military and they have much more intelligent leadership than street gangs.
    Gangsters won't get cleaned up so easily by military and militias from outside their turf. They know how to hide among the people, and no one will dare snitch on them. You might be right about the rest though.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Oh, we are aware of the fungus among us. That's where the cleaning begins.
    And I find it odd you are as confident in your assessment as we are in ours, that you are apparently comfortable accepting you would be helpless against them. There may be a factor that you've omitted from your assessment also. We have gang/thug problems also, but why do you think those problems are more pronounced in the big urban areas than small rural areas? You definitely have more law enforcement available to you at most any moment than we have. I suggest the citizens of these cities have allowed the proliferation of these gangs, and accept them as a part of city life.
    We do not accept that.
    And where you worked with Juvie offenders at one stage of your life, I've been working with them for over 20 years now, currently in a behavioral health hospital in direct support of a juvenile detention facility outside of Little Rock. So I would submit I have current experience with these thugs, and should you want to compare your apples to my oranges, I will also resubmit my statement that your cultural of leniency nurtured these weeds in the garden.
    yooper_sjd likes this.
    Just because I am peaceful does not mean I have forgotten how to be violent.
    If I am to die tonight I shall see that the night does not pass quietly.

Hidden Content

Hidden Content (Not a troll, a 12 Charlie)
    Hidden Content

And no, your current employment is irrelevant to this discussion, unless you would like me to add my feelings concerning an overreaching federal government, but we can discuss that elsewhere.
    Glad you showed back up, though. I was thinking you slithered away in the night. You may be good for conversation in the long run.

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by charito View Post
    But what you'd learned about them are during normal conditions. SHTF will be different.

What I described above is the inhumanity these gangs will display during SHTF, -not what they do now.

What about ex-military men or people who used to be in law enforcement (assuming there's no longer any law)? You think they're not thinking about a SHTF scenario?
    Surely there'll be gangs of these type - or other types - that'll be forming. I imagine, people of same cultures and races will also form their own groups. There'll probably be "treatise" among groups, if their survival is threatened. Again, it all boils down to numbers.
    And, not all will shed their humanity when SHTF comes.

I'm sure there'll be some cases of this, but it's not a subject I'm familiar with. I don't know any ex-military or ex-LEO.

The question is: Are they all willing to be victimized? Are they all going to succumb without any fight?

Of course many people will choose to fight, but the common person lacks the skills to win a fight.

In a survival scenario, people will react unlike the way they do during normal conditions.
    Don't forget.....it's a do or die situation. It'll be survival of the fittest. And, smartest.
    Desperation does not improve you tactics or fighting skills.

Quote Originally Posted by Redneck View Post
    I too believe there will be gangs after a collapse of society. Yes, the bad guys will join together & I likewise believe the good guys will form loose bands (communities/tribes). That is the nature of humans. We aren't loners.

As a generality, those folks fighting to defend their families & property normally fight a lot tougher/meaner than those trying to take away. We folks defending will not treat those gangs with any rule of law, as they see now. I doubt they will have the stomach to fight folks that cut off the heads of invaders & place them around the perimeter on Slippy pikes.
    I'm thinking that the strategic advantage is with the better fed, better armed, more experienced, more numerous, and mobile invaders. At least you have your motivation of win or be killed to help motivate you.

P.S. I've noticed that you really like those Slippy pikes.

So, @TGus , what is your suggestion for those of us who will surely become victims of these roving Marauders? Apparently nothing we have said is valid. Have any Answers? Theories? I mean, other than we are all going to be raped and murdered by these gangs that have been allowed to breed in the cities?

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by TGus View Post
    Gangsters won't get cleaned up so easily by military and militias from outside their turf. They know how to hide among the people, and no one will dare snitch on them. You might be right about the rest though.
    If they come here they will. Count on it. No where to hide you don't belong here you stand out . Heck my Dogs and the others will know you are here 1/2 mile away.
    Big question have you ever killed anyone. Have you been in a fight not only for your life but others with you and many you did not even know. You might have a different view point. Hoime aint walking away from this one. No short jail time it will be the end.
    Last edited by Smitty901; 09-20-2017 at 06:39 PM.
    New life as a house husband, major shift in duties.

Karl Marx said, "Destroy their culture, rewrite their history. Ruin their art and literature, and defame their heroes, by offering fabrications to scandalize that which they considered good.
    After reading this Obama said I am on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Maine-Marine View Post
    the blackmarket will most likely not be gangs.... black market has been around for years and runs on an honor system or it would not work. If people did not feel safe using it it would die

other gangs will slowly die out as their numbers are reduced over time by the constant death caused by Americans fighting back. Japan said that invading america would be tough because there was a gun behind every blade of grass... gangs would also have a hard time as each time they raided a place they would face death

back good ole americans in a corner and they get mad dog mean
    Some do; many are wimps.

If the black market is not run by criminals, where do they get all their "stuff"?

Page 6 of 26 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links