Friend in Fort Worth, Texas
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

This is a discussion on Friend in Fort Worth, Texas within the General Prepper and Survival Talk forums, part of the Survivalist, Prepper, Bushcrafter, Forest Rangers category; I though to share what happen to my friend who live near Fort Worth, Texas. I'm from Michigan. I'll be fine but I play it ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Friend in Fort Worth, Texas

I though to share what happen to my friend who live near Fort Worth, Texas. I'm from Michigan. I'll be fine but I play it safe. I stock up some supplies. I wanted make sure my best friend be safe because he's much closer to hurricane than I am. So I made a call him two day before hurricane make landfall, I called my friend and warn him to be prepare for it. (he know I'm prepper)

He laugh "I have plenty of food! all of them are canned"

I reply, "I'm not talk about food. I talk about water. Get yourself stock up few package of water bottle and few tank of gas and some propane for grill. Maybe those camp propane with small cooker thing. Food canned wont do any good if there's no gas to cook your foods"

He laugh "There's water from tap, I have electric stove. Hurricane won't come to Fort Worth or Dallas. There's plenty gas station around here. I'll be fine!"

I told him "Right now they're fine, you're all safe just wait after hurricane you will call me and beg me to give you ideas how to get supplies and other stuffs. you know i'm prepper. I show you many ideas before. You always says that's cool but waste of money. Since you have electric stove and electric everything in your house (He told me he keep everything on electric in his house number year ago) I suggest you to install solar panel on your roof. I know they cost a lot but when power failure. You will always have electric. Water heater, stove, heat, a/c and everything will still running while rest of area around you will lost power"

He says "Don't worry about it! Tornado never hit this area. This area never lose power for many years. I'll be fine!"

I let him to be. But I already warned him. Few days since after Hurricane came. He called me. He says,

"I don't know what to do! I have only 1/4 gasoline left in car! There's no gas anywhere in fort Worth, Dallas, Lakeside, Azle, and all town nearby within 1/4 gas left. All of them are empty! Most of gas station says they wont get any gas til next 2 week. Can you come here bring some gas 5 or 10 gallons with you?!"

I reply "Nope, If I even come over. I will be stuck in Texas with no way to return home. With those 10 gallon wont be enough to trip out Texas who know where gas still left around from that point. Here what I suggest. Go to your shop (he is pet groomer owner) put a sign says we're close due to lack of gas beside i doubt other people will show up because there's no gas anywhere. Then go to near food shop stock up all water you can get, get camp propane with cooker. Be ready! Worst could come anytime soon than you though!"

He says "I can't close shop! I need money. Shop is too busy I'll go shop later right now I'm pretty tired from going workout at planet fitness. I don't need camp propane cooker. There's still electric running."

I told him "Fine, Just go shop NOW i mean as this moment. Get water bottle all you can get. Bottle, gallon, or whatever just get enough for 2 week but better if month worth of water."

He says "aw I'm too tired, I'll go shop tomorrow" (that's yesterday)

Today about 2 hour ago, He called me on Facetime as he walking though Walmart. He show me video of food shelve. Most of them are empty. No foods, No water bottle, No camp equipment, no emergency power generation, no medical supplies. Most of them are empty. Even toilet paper.

I told him "Told you! You should be prepper! But you choice to spend all money on cruise ship 3 time in one year last year. That's your problem. I wanted get myself paramotor. I still do. But I choice to use money on get myself supplies. 3 water 55 gallon water. They're not cheap. I have 2 month worth of food storage under my bed. I know I live in city. tornado never touch down in city. But who know something unexpected they do? Or something back happen like back 2003 biggest blackout in all over eastern coast (that when I become prepper) they could have happen again. I would have enough food, enough water to keep me last long while everyone panic for supplies. I'll be all set. You should stop spend on vacation and start be prepper!"

He says "I promies! I promise! I will be prepper Please come down here with gasoline tanks and all supplies you have Please!!! Please!!!"

I reply "I know you're my best friend. If you're only much closer I would help but you're 2,000 mile away. If I even came and find myself run out of gas. I'll stuck around there. Or getting highway robber because I carry all supplies that people in texas urge need them. Million people in Texas are not prepper so Michigan too. Sorry I cant come. But now, go back home start ration all food you have. eat one or two a day. Fill up any empty water bottle from tap water. Stock them up. You can find water bottle from all over outside. they trash them. Use them. Wash them and fill up. Since your water is still running. Stock up them before water run out or whatever happens. Wash and Clean your bath tub. Fill water up to top. Do not use it for shower or bath. Use it for fill up your water bottle once water stop run. That all I can make suggest. I suggest you do it. If I'm living over there. That what I would have doing right now."

I don't know if he is commit it. For some reason I have feel he dont do anything after facetime.

Your friend could learn a couple things from you. Keep on trying to teach him.
    I will choose to enjoy the journey that God has prepared for me. Hidden Content

If he makes it through this maybe he'll learn his lesson. Best you can hope for.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

I'm torn...

On the one hand, I'm always in favor of getting more people involved in being self-reliant, and planning for an unknown future.

On the other...

I live in Dallas/Fort Worth, and this is complete bullshit.
    We had a run on gas for 2 days. That caused a "shortage" due to panic and a delay in deliveries that tried to compensate for the panic buying. This panic only affected major cities. Most rural towns never blinked an eye.
    Not a single store in the area ran out of any food or water.
    There has not been a single issue with power or water delivery anywhere, and won't be.
    Today, gas has returned to just about every corner station.

Your friend either lives in an immensely stupid neighborhood that panicked at every level on the scale, is a complete liar, or is trolling you to trick you into making a trip from Michigan for no reason.

I'm not sure which hand should do the slapping.
    Prepared One, Denton and khaotic like this.
    "Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." - H. L. Mencken

I live 2 hours east of Dallas in a much, much smaller town. We had no store closures or gas shortages, or even long lines. Gas prices did jump up this week though.

Then I shall kill my friend for got me fall about it

Quote Originally Posted by Deaf3279 View Post
    Then I shall kill my friend for got me fall about it
    Its not necessary .... he will do himself in, just be patient.
    Prepared One and Deaf3279 like this.

But I'll admit i was tempt to going to Texas to hang out with my best friend. But crazy day like hurricane i'm play it safe. by stay home
    indie likes this.

Friend of mine just posted this on Facebook, with the tag "No gas for you." Oh, she lives in Richardson.

Friend in Fort Worth, Texas-21231251_10212389886235057_6304877519228521251_n.jpg

He needs to try the Valero on Watauga Rd in Haltom City. They had some a while ago and also the Kroger had some. That guy dont sound much like a Native. Is he transplanted form Michigan?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links