Before You Bug Out... - Page 3
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Before You Bug Out...

This is a discussion on Before You Bug Out... within the General Prepper and Survival Talk forums, part of the Survivalist, Prepper, Bushcrafter, Forest Rangers category; Sorry slippy Socal has started several threads about buggin out which I understand he does not intend to do and his previous thread was fairly ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree50Likes

Thread: Before You Bug Out...

Sorry slippy Socal has started several threads about buggin out which I understand he does not intend to do and his previous thread was fairly hostile towards people bugging out see https://www.prepperforums.net/forum/u...-remotely.html so its confusing me I dont think id take advice from someone thats hostile to my ideas about my ideas

Quote Originally Posted by ApexPredator View Post
    Sorry slippy Socal has started several threads about buggin out which I understand he does not intend to do and his previous thread was fairly hostile towards people bugging out see https://www.prepperforums.net/forum/u...-remotely.html so its confusing me I dont think id take advice from someone thats hostile to my ideas about my ideas
    Apex,
    You have to admit, some people just won't be able to "bug out". We decided that it would be easier to be at our retreat or Lodge and create a life for us rather than be chased from some neighborhood or subdivision. People are all different and I don't think SoCal or anyone else was being hostile, just communicating based on his own circumstance.
    It's all good, as the natives say sometimes my friend Apex. Know this, if you and SoCal probably met and set aside your alpha male stuff, you'd probably be good buddies.
    Be good and keep posting some good stuff but don't get worked up over some people's point of view...its usually different and thats what makes this a good adventure.
    Inor and SoCal92057 like this.

Because of heath issues, I can't see myself bugging out unless the water is rising in the backyard. If is see someone walking up to my house with a rifle (or whatever) slung over their shoulder I'll be very, very cautious. If he's walking up to my house, gun drawn, at the ready, I pray he doesn't open my door and walk in.
    SoCal92057 likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Before I bug out? turn out the lights and lock the door? Time permitting.
    SoCal92057 and Slippy like this.

Well lets be honest his Thread was demeaning even if unintentional others noted it as well. Thus I suspect a thread intended to help said demeaned people to be dubious in nature however bygones are bygones the point is discussion and dissension make for fine learning points.

You forgot goals whats the point if you dont have an end state how can you plan for anything if you dont know what your planning for, survival sure but to what end.

Quote Originally Posted by ApexPredator View Post
    When someone disagrees with a viewpoint of another it is appropriate to present your opposing opinion. Characterizing the viewpoint of another as being hostile, or demeaning as you have in another post, are subjective statements and does not present any new information or insight into the discussion. Apex, has anyone called you hostile for your viewpoint? There are many on both sides of the issue of bugging out. On this forum, you express your opinion and let others express theirs. If you are offended by the contrary opinion, then present yours without name calling, and let all of us take away something from the exchange of ideas. We will be better informed and have clearer insights into our common interest. When someone challenges your ideas do not consider it personal, but rather reflect upon your beliefs and respond appropriately in the defense of them. Apex, I suggest you review the OP. It presents an opportunity for this forum to contribute to a list of preps for those who are going to bug out. Perhaps some less experienced bug out preppers would be helped.
    Slippy and paraquack like this.

Quote Originally Posted by SoCal92057 View Post
    I do not intend to bug out but was thinking about the difficulties associated with bugging out and came up with this brief list. I ask others to add to it. Remember, it is what you should do before you bug out.

Do you know where you want to go?
    Have you done a practice run to your bug out location?
    Have you practiced with the equipment in your bug out bag?
    Have you practiced sleeping outside overnight during cold and wet weather?
    Have you stopped to think if bugging out is even necessary?
    Have you considered what may become of your residence while you are gone?
    Have you done a map recon of the route?
    Have you done a map recon of an alternate route?
    Have you remembered to take the map?
    Do you have a full tank of gas and checked the oil?
    Have you checked the spare tire?
    Have you supplies (to include prescription medications) and equipment with you as there may be no going back? (I think the estimate of 3 days before all the food is gone from the markets is optimistic.)
    Do you have extra money as money may still be useful?
    Do you have an alternate plan if the vehicle breaks down?
    Have you informed trusted people where you will be?
    Are you psychologically and physically equipped for the realities of what you are doing?
    This an old post of mine from over a year ago. We have seen lots of new members join our forum and many others leave. In the belief there is nothing new under the sun, I hope it will be as interesting now as it was previously. Any additional issues to be considered in a BO scenario should be detailed and discussed. Even those of us who intend to bug in, know if the situation demands it, we will also have to bug out. Semper Fidelis
    darsk20 likes this.
    "To survive you must be able to adapt to change."
    SoCal92057

Quote Originally Posted by SoCal92057 View Post
    I do not intend to bug out but was thinking about the difficulties associated with bugging out and came up with this brief list. I ask others to add to it. Remember, it is what you should do before you bug out.

Do you know where you want to go?
    Have you done a practice run to your bug out location?
    Have you practiced with the equipment in your bug out bag?
    Have you practiced sleeping outside overnight during cold and wet weather?
    Have you stopped to think if bugging out is even necessary?
    Have you considered what may become of your residence while you are gone?
    Have you done a map recon of the route?
    Have you done a map recon of an alternate route?
    Have you remembered to take the map?
    Do you have a full tank of gas and checked the oil?
    Have you checked the spare tire?
    Have you supplies (to include prescription medications) and equipment with you as there may be no going back? (I think the estimate of 3 days before all the food is gone from the markets is optimistic.)
    Do you have extra money as money may still be useful?
    Do you have an alternate plan if the vehicle breaks down?
    Have you informed trusted people where you will be?
    Are you psychologically and physically equipped for the realities of what you are doing?
    1. do you know were you want to go? -duh like no BOL your a refugee -what you going to just roll up on someone else's property and homestead it?
    2-you should be doing that several times a year.
    3 if you have a bol-a bob it is well minimal
    4 wtf- that's why you have a bol and build a shelter on it before hand maybe.
    5 who needs a reason -you got land and cabin and beer to drink
    6 nope-don't care
    7 you should know ever viable way to get to you bol cabin and beer
    8 see #7
    9 see#8
    10 wow, really if your taking a vehicle than do you really need to sleep outside in cold wet or both weather?
    11 WTF see #10
    12 if you have said BOL don't you think it would be a good idea to put more than 3 days worth of beer in it?
    13 good idea
    14 back up to the back up to the back up to the back up =works for me.
    15 trust?" what you talking about willis"?
    16 yes -I am a total nut job!!!
    darsk20 likes this.
    oops

Quote Originally Posted by Chipper View Post
    No 1 weapons and ammo check.

I do agree with those says bugging out is just a dream. If you can't survive at your current local your pretty much done. Joining the hoards of other displaced warriors isn't going to work, IMO. Maybe a few miles but long distance??
    I would agree with this, to a point... adding the following "unless you have a secure, stocked and ready bug-out location that you can get to within 24 hours of the SHTF assuming SHTF events up to and including an EMP level strike."

We are not there at this point in time but our goal is to have 2 completely separate "retreats", one in our current house (for things when a small town is better than rural) and out in the middle of nowhere.

Until the other is finished, we stay put.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Sponsored Links