Before You Bug Out... - Page 2
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Before You Bug Out...

This is a discussion on Before You Bug Out... within the General Prepper and Survival Talk forums, part of the Survivalist, Prepper, Bushcrafter, Forest Rangers category; Bugging out sounds like deer camp without the beer and whiskey to me....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree50Likes

Thread: Before You Bug Out...

Bugging out sounds like deer camp without the beer and whiskey to me.

Quote Originally Posted by AquaHull View Post
    Bugging out sounds like deer camp without the beer and whiskey to me.
    Good point Aquahull...That settles it for me! No bugging out.

Seriously, if you are over 50, try carrying a bunch of stuff in a backpack. Now before all of us who have hiked or camped start bragging about how many miles we did on the AT, fill that back pack with everything that you'll need to offensively survive pissed off thugs and multiple miles per day. And you might have dress shoes or work boots on not hiking boots. Different ballgame.

Up until a few years ago, I would walk or run multiple miles per week sometimes with weighted vest for training. After a couple of surgeries and passing 50, I can maybe walk 8 miles one day but I will not be able to recover for the next day. Short term fitness is there but consistent recovery is not. And that would be in ideal conditions not afraid for my life. Most of us (if I remember the age poll that Mish posted a while back) are in our 40-60's. It ain't happening for most of us. Hiking trails in the state park is a hell of a lot different than urban hiking (for most of us especially in the eastern US) Time to rethink this bug out phenomena!!!!

Have you asked the Lord for guidance?............
    hardcore likes this.
    BuckB Are you an organ donor? If not put your organs where your mouth is. An easy way to end organ shortages is for everyone to sign up to be a donor. You don't need to murder petty criminals for that purpose. - will2

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

bugging out should be done at the first signof things going sidways. If you are wrong then it becomes a nice weekend trip for the family. You go back home and the neighbors are asking if you had a good time - you say, "yep! the fishing was great!".

Those who wait will have to be very prepared to wait a long time because it will get more dangerous each day until people start dying off from starvation and disease.

Reptilicus and hardcore like this.

What no beer or whiskey at deer camp! That's incomprehensible!
    Hidden Content Semper Fidelis Saepius Exertus Frater Infinitas

I moved to my BOB ,,,,,,,,I just hope the kids can make it here
    Medic33 and hardcore like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Slippy View Post
    And you might have dress shoes or work boots on not hiking boots. Different ballgame.
    That's funny! One of the benefits to making my living as a computer dork is that I do wear hiking boots (with dress pants and a dress shirt) every day and nobody thinks it strange. Although the IT industry is riddled with libtards, most of them are eccentric libtards. So it does allow me to keep modestly prepared even when I am in an urban environment. :D
    Slippy and rice paddy daddy like this.

I am a little confused by your posts which is it you dislike ppl buggin out or you wanna help them.

Quote Originally Posted by ApexPredator View Post
    I am a little confused by your posts which is it you dislike ppl buggin out or you wanna help them.
    Apex,
    Be more specific, to whom are you directing this post?

Yes we have a back up plan. We no intention of using it. If they do BO I would likely already be dead. Part of the back up plan is scorched earth.
    Leave nothing behind. I will not supply my attackers.
    Inor and hardcore like this.
    New life as a house husband, major shift in duties.

Karl Marx said, "Destroy their culture, rewrite their history. Ruin their art and literature, and defame their heroes, by offering fabrications to scandalize that which they considered good.
    After reading this Obama said I am on it.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links