Starvation and Socialism - Page 4
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Starvation and Socialism

This is a discussion on Starvation and Socialism within the General Prepper and Survival Talk forums, part of the Survivalist, Prepper, Bushcrafter, Forest Rangers category; I know about her and she makes Obama look middle right politically . Imagine Sheila Jackson Lee with three masters and a Ph.D. With a ...

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 52
Like Tree79Likes

Thread: Starvation and Socialism

  1. #31
    Senior Member


    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    1,589
    I know about her and she makes Obama look middle right politically . Imagine Sheila Jackson Lee with three masters and a Ph.D. With a Maoist bent and a more sophisticated upbringing ...
    Denton and White Shadow like this.

  2. #32
    Super Moderator


    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    22,311
    Quote Originally Posted by Jammer Six View Post
    Not only does it not work, it concentrates a greater amount of power in the hands of the police than the police have here.

    City Hall needs to keep the lights on, the water flowing, the potholes filled and then shut up and leave us alone.
    My knees are weak; I may faint. We agree.
    Slippy, inceptor and TG like this.
    "Reality is almost always wrong."
    Dr. Gregory House

  3. #33
    Super Moderator


    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    22,311
    Quote Originally Posted by Jammer Six View Post
    For that statement to be true, 70% of the people under 40 would have to have made it into a post graduate program, and that's not even close to true.

    87% of all statistics are made up on the spot.
    Not really, as they are doing a jam-up job, all the way into high school.
    "Reality is almost always wrong."
    Dr. Gregory House

  4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements
     

  5. #34
    Senior Member


    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Wherever won't get me hit.
    Posts
    19,712
    I certainly understand what my good friend @Salt-N-Pepper is espousing and agree with him.

    However, in later times, having school children recite the Pledge of Allegiance, carried a certain amount of Patriotism toward a symbol of freedom.

    But again, Salty is correct in a historical and ideological view.

    Quote Originally Posted by Salt-N-Pepper View Post
    I catch a lot of hell on this point, but I don't say the "Pledge Of Allegiance".

    It's not because I hate my country, or because I have some weird group I support... it's because I am anti-socialist.

    The Pledge was written by a socialist, his name was Francis Bellamy (CLICKY) and the fact that he was an avowed socialist is not in dispute.

    It was written not to show patriotism, but rather to sell flags. I kid you not. It was written as a cynical attempt, by a socialist, to generate business for the company he worked for, to sell US Flags to schools. If you don't know the story, click the link above, it's fascinating.

    Basically, the kids were told to say the pledge while saluting the American Flag (the flag purchased from Bellamy's employer). He outlined a particular salute to be used, and it was used up until the 1940's in darned near every public school room in America:

    Attachment 52818

    That's not a German classroom, folks, that's in the good ole USA.

    I'm not going to blindly pledge blanket allegiance to ANYTHING made by man, I'm sorry if that offends but it's the way it is.
    TG likes this.

  6. #35
    Senior Member


    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    North Missouri
    Posts
    2,816
    Quote Originally Posted by Slippy View Post
    I certainly understand what my good friend @Salt-N-Pepper is espousing and agree with him.

    However, in later times, having school children recite the Pledge of Allegiance, carried a certain amount of Patriotism toward a symbol of freedom.

    But again, Salty is correct in a historical and ideological view.
    I personally am not a fan of "patriotism".

    Again, it's not because I don't like my country... I think my country is the best country in the world and I wouldn't want to live anywhere else... but to me, patriotism is a tool to be used to manipulate people.

    Rather than teaching people to be patriotic, I would rather teach people to think about whether what the country is doing actually makes sense.

    I make no bones about the fact that I am an anti-socialist person, that I think big government is a very, very bad thing and that I think we should start disbanding about 99 percent of what the government does. Right?

    Patriotism leads people to set aside the search for the truth in favor of buying what people who want you to "think patriotically... you know, the RIGHT way..." are selling, whether it's actually morally right or wrong.

    Patriotism lead us into several wars we never should have been in, and got a lot of good men and women killed or maimed for life, and a lot more than than those that had physical wounds it lead to a lot of our best and brightest young people coming home with post traumatic injury...

    Me? I'll skip it, and evaluate everything on it's own merit.
    Denton, TG and Slippy like this.
    Check out my prepping/survival website for my podcast, down to earth reviews, advice and a bit of humor thrown in as well.

    Hidden Content

  7. #36
    Senior Member


    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    North Texas
    Posts
    7,645
    Quote Originally Posted by Salt-N-Pepper View Post
    I personally am not a fan of "patriotism".

    Again, it's not because I don't like my country... I think my country is the best country in the world and I wouldn't want to live anywhere else... but to me, patriotism is a tool to be used to manipulate people.
    I still consider myself a patriot. I am a patriot to the original idea of this country and the Constitution. But you are correct in that now patriotism is being used as a tool.

    Quote Originally Posted by Salt-N-Pepper View Post
    Rather than teaching people to be patriotic, I would rather teach people to think about whether what the country is doing actually makes sense.

    I make no bones about the fact that I am an anti-socialist person, that I think big government is a very, very bad thing and that I think we should start disbanding about 99 percent of what the government does. Right?

    Patriotism leads people to set aside the search for the truth in favor of buying what people who want you to "think patriotically... you know, the RIGHT way..." are selling, whether it's actually morally right or wrong.

    Patriotism lead us into several wars we never should have been in, and got a lot of good men and women killed or maimed for life, and a lot more than than those that had physical wounds it lead to a lot of our best and brightest young people coming home with post traumatic injury...

    Me? I'll skip it, and evaluate everything on it's own merit.
    I disagree that patriotism got into several wars. That was egotism, politics and greed.

    Egotism, politics and greed are also what has expanded government and control. They expand their control by telling many they are rightfully entitled to many things. Income, food and medical care are all now being touted as rights belonging to those who agree. Lincoln started the expansion of government control, FDR pushed it much farther then LBJ sealed the deal.

    What is being past off now as patriotism is nothing more than political correctness.
    Slippy likes this.

  8. #37
    Super Moderator


    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    22,311
    Quote Originally Posted by inceptor View Post
    I still consider myself a patriot. I am a patriot to the original idea of this country and the Constitution. But you are correct in that now patriotism is being used as a tool.



    I disagree that patriotism got into several wars. That was egotism, politics and greed.

    Egotism, politics and greed are also what has expanded government and control. They expand their control by telling many they are rightfully entitled to many things. Income, food and medical care are all now being touted as rights belonging to those who agree. Lincoln started the expansion of government control, FDR pushed it much farther then LBJ sealed the deal.

    What is being past off now as patriotism is nothing more than political correctness.
    Patriotism, as they defined it, whipped our countrymen into a froth. You were unpatriotic and weren't behind the troops if you didn't wave the flag until you snapped an arm bone. If you dared question if going to war in Afghanistan, and then out of the blue, Iraq, were good ideas and not knee-jerk decisions (or worse), you were viewed as being sympathetic to the other side.

    Your idea of patriotism is the same as mind, but it is blind patriotism to which Salty refers.
    inceptor and Slippy like this.
    "Reality is almost always wrong."
    Dr. Gregory House

  9. #38
    Senior Member


    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    1,589
    Deriding patriotism seems trendy now too ( Like siding with the Palestinians / Arabs over Israel ) no matter how you guys spin it Your derision and eschewing of Patriotism is very telling of your Political leanings .

  10. #39
    Senior Member


    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    North Texas
    Posts
    7,645
    Quote Originally Posted by Gator Monroe View Post
    Deriding patriotism seems trendy now too ( Like siding with the Palestinians / Arabs over Israel ) no matter how you guys spin it Your derision and eschewing of Patriotism is very telling of your Political leanings .
    I have never hidden my political leaning. I lean toward the Constitution. No party affiliation, I think they are all corrupt. I believe in Washington, Jefferson, Franklin, Adams and others. I don't believe that they weren't flawed people like the rest of us, just good, mostly honest, God fearing people.

    But that's probably why they too will be wiped from history. Just like they are doing with Lee and Jackson.
    Denton and Annie like this.

  11. #40
    Super Moderator


    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    22,311
    @Gator Monroe , what @inceptor said.

    As far as my political leanings, did you guess Constitution Party?
    inceptor and Annie like this.
    "Reality is almost always wrong."
    Dr. Gregory House

 

 
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Many Americans are OK with Socialism!
    By Urinal Cake in forum General Talk
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 04-05-2017, 07:38 AM
  2. Starvation and Bad Decisions
    By GTGallop in forum Survival Food Procurement
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 05-29-2016, 01:46 PM
  3. Socialism always Fails
    By Camel923 in forum Political News and Topics
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 04-14-2016, 01:33 PM
  4. Cannibalism or starvation?
    By Ralph Rotten in forum General Talk
    Replies: 84
    Last Post: 04-06-2015, 04:05 PM
  5. Socialism in Seattle
    By bigdogbuc in forum Political News and Topics
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 11-17-2013, 09:01 AM
Back to Top