great resource site for many prepping/survival items
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

This is a discussion on great resource site for many prepping/survival items within the General Prepper and Survival Talk forums, part of the Survivalist, Prepper, Bushcrafter, Forest Rangers category; https://www.readymaderesources.com/ even though they have a ton of food they have tons of other resources you can purchase including alternative energy and gear. they even ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: great resource site for many prepping/survival items

https://www.readymaderesources.com/

even though they have a ton of food they have tons of other resources you can purchase including alternative energy and gear.

they even have real canned butter with a long shelf life https://www.readymaderesources.com/p...free-shipping/ claiming 15 years as well as cheese and coffee for long term preps.

Edit: also even if their prices are not the best they may have some items in their listing that you may not have heard of just do a search for it to see if anyone has it cheaper
    Last edited by Quantum Donut; 08-20-2017 at 08:52 PM.
    "Being offended is not a right it is a mental condition triggered by seeing or hearing something that does not fit into someone's view of the world based on the brain washing they received during their development in life."

They do have a really nice selection, but just about everything was ~5-15% higher than elsewhere.

Still, it could give you ideas you hadn't thought of yet.
    Maine-Marine likes this.
    "Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." - H. L. Mencken

The few things i looked at were 100 percent more than walmart.com. for instance 42lb black beans of the same brand $47 vs $99. Same deal with powdered milk.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Brettny View Post
    The few things i looked at were 100 percent more than walmart.com. for instance 42lb black beans of the same brand $47 vs $99. Same deal with powdered milk.
    however much of the stuff walmart does not carry like the long term butter/cheese cans. walmart does have keystone brand caned meats at a decent price though not the other brands. i consider it as more of a list of items to aquire of course always look for best price i even compare when getting stuff from amazon and often find lower prices some times even lower then prime free shipping when i have to pay shipping on the other site lol. I didnt know about that long term butter/cheese cans until i saw them at a gun show a while back.

Also since eating the exact same thing over and over nonstop you tend to become apathetic to eating at all and eat less and less and lose energy making the rest of your survival tasks harder but when you have some options to change it up you boost morale.
    "Being offended is not a right it is a mental condition triggered by seeing or hearing something that does not fit into someone's view of the world based on the brain washing they received during their development in life."

if I remember correctly there was a stink about these guys not having a covert shipping/packaging policy - just the freaking opposite - had their name blasted all over the boxes - and they claim to be preppers themselves ....
    I llini WarriorHidden Content

The VAST majority of my food stores have been bought at Sam's Club & Walmart.com. I use Sam's Club for the basics that I put up in 6 gallon superpails... such as beans, rice, sugar, etc. I use walmart.com for purchasing Emergency Essentials items, such a hard wheat, oats, egg powder, tomato powder, etc. I find all of these specialty prepper sites way too expensive, especially when you measure your stores by the tons. I strongly suggest preppers put up their own staples and there are plenty of discussions here on just how to do so & how much money you can save.

Quote Originally Posted by Quantum Donut View Post
    Also since eating the exact same thing over and over nonstop you tend to become apathetic to eating at all and eat less and less and lose energy making the rest of your survival tasks harder but when you have some options to change it up you boost morale.
    Agree. That is why my number one store is wheat. You can only cook beans so many different ways but wheat is very versatile. Beans & rice are important to me but nowhere near as important as wheat. Also, I look at my stores as a foundation to survival but not my exclusive or only source of food. In north Mississippi, I can have fresh foods from the garden 9 months out of the year and if I count eating the leaves from winter peas... year round. I store hundreds of pounds of garden seed in my homemade superpails. Three sisters seed is my core group of seeds but I also store plenty of cool weather crops such as peas & greens to extend the growing season as much as possible. Besides the garden, other food will come from my catfish pond/other local lakes, chickens, hunting, neighbors cattle herds, etc.

I have no intent in eating the same old stuff over & over, for the reasons you mention. Just picked a mess of pole beans this weekend & damn, were they ever good slow cooked for 2 hours with bacon & onion.
    Last edited by Redneck; 08-21-2017 at 06:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Redneck View Post
    Agree. That is why my number one store is wheat. You can only cook beans so many different ways but wheat is very versatile. Beans & rice are important to me but nowhere near as important as wheat. Also, I look at my stores as a foundation to survival but not my exclusive or only source of food. In north Mississippi, I can have fresh foods from the garden 9 months out of the year and if I count eating the leaves from winter peas... year round. I store hundreds of pounds of garden seed in my homemade superpails. Three sisters seed is my core group of seeds but I also store plenty of cool weather crops such as peas & greens to extend the growing season as much as possible. Besides the garden, other food will come from my catfish pond/other local lakes, chickens, hunting, neighbors cattle herds, etc.

I have no intent in eating the same old stuff over & over, for the reasons you mention. Just picked a mess of pole beans this weekend & damn, were they ever good slow cooked for 2 hours with bacon & onion.
    not every one can have a garden lol my only way to grow food currently is if i set up grow lights and grow in pots with potting soil or build a hydroponic system since im stuck in an apartment in the middle of the city. even though there are squirrels all over they wont last long and in the city you are likely to be hunted by other survivors while you try to hunt. all the viable hunting/fishing/trapping would require a bug out to the mountains which i can only do if i have advanced warning since people will just assume im off to a camping trip or hiking the trails/mountain if they dont know whats coming.

Quote Originally Posted by Quantum Donut View Post
    not every one can have a garden lol my only way to grow food currently is if i set up grow lights and grow in pots with potting soil or build a hydroponic system since im stuck in an apartment in the middle of the city.
    Dude, you are F'd.

Quote Originally Posted by Illini Warrior View Post
    if I remember correctly there was a stink about these guys not having a covert shipping/packaging policy - just the freaking opposite - had their name blasted all over the boxes - and they claim to be preppers themselves ....
    So this company ships with there name all over the box? Thats a prety bad practice in this case. Walmart dosnt even put there name on the boxes when i order #10 cans...even though all it would say is walmart.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links