Learn By Giving
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Learn By Giving

This is a discussion on Learn By Giving within the General Prepper and Survival Talk forums, part of the Survivalist, Prepper, Bushcrafter, Forest Rangers category; No political analysis or prophetic apocalyptic visions dissected here… Just a brief accounting of personal blessings. We’ve been travelling almost nonstop for the past several ...

Like Tree14Likes
  • 10 Post By pakrat
  • 2 Post By Camel923
  • 1 Post By Joe
  • 1 Post By A Watchman

Thread: Learn By Giving

Learn By Giving

No political analysis or prophetic apocalyptic visions dissected here… Just a brief accounting of personal blessings. We’ve been travelling almost nonstop for the past several days and that will continue to for a few more weeks. My brother-in-law just received a liver transplant (make up your own scenario of how he came to need a new liver). He lives several hours away and we have been bouncing between his home (lives alone) and ours, maintaining the two households while he recuperates.

We’re home. Sleeping in our own bed. My wife just put on a superb chicken pot pie dinner (that’s how she copes) and I’m into my second Glen Livet on the rocks… no drinking allowed at my bro-in-laws house… understood.

God, what a blessed life we live! I look at our situation and that of my wife’s brother and realize how living life with a prepper and faith-filled mentality has set us up in so many positive and substantial ways. It has insulated us from even personal calamity.

We’re stocking his selves. He was in no way prepared to weather any kind of storm… internal or external… three days from starvation. Without a close Christian prepper family, he would have reached the end of his time on this earth. I’m not stating this to bolster our roll, but to describe his vulnerability. Hurricanes, earth quakes or other disasters… man-made or natural, aren’t the only challenges that test your level of preparedness. Build your circle of support. Stock the goods you’ll need and give when you can. You’ll learn more by supporting those who need help than by focusing solely on your own survival. God will bless your efforts.
    Denton, TG, Redneck and 7 others like this.
    Too Soon Old, Too Late Smart

1 Timothy 5:8 (NIV)
    “If anyone does not provide for his relatives, and especially for his immediate family, he has denied the faith and is worse than an unbeliever.”
    TG and ntxmerman like this.
    Blessed be God, my rock who trains my hands for battle, my fingers for war. Psalms 144:1

Victory can depend on a dog or a goose---Napoleon

Joe

@pakrat Thanks for sharing your experiences. It affirms and builds other's faith. " My son, give ear to my words; for I swear unto you, that inasmuch as ye shall keep the commandments of God ye shall prosper in the land."
    TG likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Thanks pakrat, may God be with you and may you continue to stand in the light.
    TG likes this.
    I will choose to enjoy the journey that God has prepared for me. Hidden Content

Sponsored Links