What Would You Do in This Situation?? (Contest)
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

This is a discussion on What Would You Do in This Situation?? (Contest) within the General Prepper and Survival Talk forums, part of the Survivalist, Prepper, Bushcrafter, Forest Rangers category; Okay everyone, time to put your prep-hats on - the Chaos Contest is at hand! (Win free novel) You wake up in the morning to ...

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree30Likes

Thread: What Would You Do in This Situation?? (Contest)

Okay everyone, time to put your prep-hats on - the Chaos Contest is at hand!
    (Win free novel)

You wake up in the morning to sounds of chaos outside. You turn on the TV and find reports of widespread anarchy as a pandemic has broken out all across the country.

Suddenly, there is the sound of pounding on your locked front door. Rushing to it...(read entire entry Chaos Contest & April Update -)
    What Would You Do in This Situation?? (Contest)-chaos-contest.jpg

Don't answer the door, The Jones's sold you out, and waiting around the corner is the FED!
    BuckB Are you an organ donor? If not put your organs where your mouth is. An easy way to end organ shortages is for everyone to sign up to be a donor. You don't need to murder petty criminals for that purpose. - will2

Don't open the door! I really wonder how many people would be running around if it was a pandemic. I would hope most people would try to stay away from other people fearing they are infected.
    slewfoot likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Knowing there is a pandemic in progress and chaos outside I would not be opening the door. Anyone that I know who'd possibly knock would know better then to "pound" and expect entry. I'd hand my wife the hi cap 9mm, holster my 1911 and gather the 12 gauge. Knowing the door will likely hold I'm assuming who ever thought of knocking will go away then I can proceed to shelter in and pray I wasn't infected by someone else in the past. My wife and I will watch for signs of illness, gather our bug out preps and wait for nightfall to use night vision and the bug out vehicle to head for the bug out location.
    MrsInor and oldmurph58 like this.

Anyone outside is infected. They will wipe themselves out. Inside is my own personal quarantine. No one gets in. Lock down and hunker in place. Furniture blocks windows and doors. Shut off the HVAC and duct tape the seams and door jambs up. We are going to fall back and seal in as best as possible and not be exposed to outside air. Water is boiled before being consumed.
    MrsInor, paraquack and shotlady like this.
    KG7NDC

The only thing that separates man from animal is our affinity for toilet paper.
    Once we as a society lose that affinity we begin to descend back into the animal kingdom, and after three or more days you will find the food chain beginning to invert on itself.

If things were fine when I went to bed for there to be major chaos outside overnight something really fucked up happened. I sure wouldn't answer the door. I wouldn't even make a sound so whoever it was doesn't know I am there. I would toss my 1911 on pretty fuckin quick like and grab my Noveske AR and wait to see if they decided to come in. If not, I would put my fiance watching the door and I would start doing some research.

Out here though the only thing movin around would be some cows..
    Check out my blog Hidden Content and check out SurvivingTheBreaks and Beach Kowboy on Facebook!!

I would probably put on a mask, make them put on masks and douse themselves in hand sanitizer quarantine them in a plastic barrier-ed off room until I could see if they are infected. No reason to completely lose our humanity, but I would make every effort to protect my family and that may require more hands on deck than what would be readily accessible quickly in that situation.

Open your door and if the pathogen is transferable by any type of bodily fluid your toast, family is done . From the time they enter your home it's too late . A touch of the nose, sneeze, cough , spit , between the front door and your plastic clean room ....Game Over . Nope sorry your not coming in until I figure out the incubation period and the lifespan of the pathogen . NO EXCEPTIONS .

Quote Originally Posted by Beach Kowboy View Post
    If things were fine when I went to bed for there to be major chaos outside overnight something really fucked up happened. I sure wouldn't answer the door. I wouldn't even make a sound so whoever it was doesn't know I am there. I would toss my 1911 on pretty fuckin quick like and grab my Noveske AR and wait to see if they decided to come in. If not, I would put my fiance watching the door and I would start doing some research.

Out here though the only thing movin around would be some cows..
    And do not forget getting a band of Silverback gorillas to gang rape whoever was breaking down your door.

You are all right BK! You crack me up with your honesty. I wish I had the colorful command of the language you do. :D

Suddenly, there is the sound of pounding on your locked front door. Rushing to it, you peer into the peephole and there standing on your front porch are neighbors of yours which live down the street; a couple and their child. Their kid, who is around eight or nine appeared to be wounded as his parent are help to support him/her. In the background, a car swerves around a few people who seem to be running down the streets while screeching.

They cry out, yelling to you that they just returned from a trip and amid the chaos, crashed their van into their garage, which resulted in their child’s leg becoming injured. They found their front door open, and so didn’t trust going inside. You are on very good terms with these neighbors and they have helped you out before in a tight spot or two, and you figure they have chosen your house for refuge since they know you are better prepared for emergencies.

What do you do?

I'd have to know a few more things such as; Is the neighbor mom a gap tooth liberal mutt? And...You may be on good terms with them but did the neighbor dad borrow some of your tools and never return them? Or...Do they always brag about how good their little All-Star is in baseball but when you see him run or throw a ball you think he is a certified spaz? Does the dad always come over and drink you beer but never invite you over to drink his? Are the sheep and politically correct to the point of voting for oblamer out of fear they would be called racist? Are they always on their cell phones when you see them in the yard on Saturday mornings? Who the hell are they talking to on their stinking cell phones on a Saturday morning when they should be cutting the grass? Are they neighborhood nazi's?

Anyway, regardless of the above questions, I would probably put on my germ free lab suit, open the door and quickly shuttle them down to my basement lab. Once there, I would put a bullet square in the forehead of neighbor dad and let the kid know that he's next if he fucking doesn't shut the hell up! Then I would put the neighbor mom on the "Mideviel Stretch Rack", (kind of like the one in The Princess Bride) shoot the kid anyway and start up the time machine...Yeah, that's what I would do...
    Last edited by Slippy; 04-07-2014 at 03:12 PM.
    Inor likes this.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links