Young Prepper and Cross Country Communication - Page 2
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Young Prepper and Cross Country Communication

This is a discussion on Young Prepper and Cross Country Communication within the General Prepper and Survival Talk forums, part of the Survivalist, Prepper, Bushcrafter, Forest Rangers category; Beofongs are 36$ online im going to order one soon. I would listen to ham on my scanner for a while. But you can go ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Young Prepper and Cross Country Communication

Beofongs are 36$ online im going to order one soon.
    I would listen to ham on my scanner for a while. But you can go online theres an app called scanner radio its free to listen it uses data though.
    There are sometimes some strange people on there. Ive heard everything from people talking about letter bombs to lonely people wanting to talk about thier rabbit.

Honestly if S ever HTF, you won't be too focused on asking your buddy 20 states a way how their day was...

If you really want to know the day-to-day of your friends, I'd find a way to move back east as soon as you can... Otherwise, I'd find new friends on the west coast...

I would think that Ham operators would be the only trustworthy source of real news. I feel the gov would sanitize and shield us from the bad news (You know, propaganda) so that we would willing comply with their orders. As far as the Baofeng radios, they're great for the money but very limited range unless you're on a repeater. I'd probably guess repeaters would be out, one way or another. for any long distance comm, you'd need a few more watts and a nice antenna, could be just a wire dipole, horizontally polarized. For some real long distant comm, you'd need a 10m radio (I think)
    Last edited by paraquack; 04-01-2014 at 10:54 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Sponsored Links