Scientists Create New Form of Matter, a Time Crystal - Page 2
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Scientists Create New Form of Matter, a Time Crystal

This is a discussion on Scientists Create New Form of Matter, a Time Crystal within the General Prepper and Survival Talk forums, part of the Survivalist, Prepper, Bushcrafter, Forest Rangers category; Originally Posted by Maol9 Nice! AI scare the crap out of you? Imagine AI on a Quantum Computor, because it isn't far off... Scientists Create ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Scientists Create New Form of Matter, a Time Crystal

Moving On...

Quote Originally Posted by Maol9 View Post
    Nice! AI scare the crap out of you?

Imagine AI on a Quantum Computor, because it isn't far off...

Scientists Create New Form of Matter, a Time Crystal
    More than a little..

Quote Originally Posted by homefire View Post
    More than a little..
    Not so sure about that HF. It has gone from literally a gleam in a scientist's eye; and we are talking about a new form of matter hither to unknown to humanity to proof of concept/reality and actually produced in 5 years... twice.

Lets take a look at Moore's Law...

Briefly stated it calls for a doubling of computing power every year, and roughly this has held true.

in April 2016, Intel CEO Brian Krzanich stated that "In my 34 years in the semiconductor industry, I have witnessed the advertised death of Moore’s Law no less than four times. As we progress from 14 nanometer technology to 10 nanometer and plan for 7 nanometer and 5 nanometer and even beyond, our plans are proof that Moore’s Law is alive and well".

In January 2017, he declared that "I've heard the death of Moore's law more times than anything else in my career," Krzanich said. "And I'm here today to really show you and tell you that Moore's Law is alive and well and flourishing."

Currently the brainiest/fastest super computer was built by Sunway and is known as TaihuLight. It's speed is 93.0 petaflops it is located at the National Super Computer Center in Guangzhou, China.

The new record holder will be announced on 6-19-17 in Frankfurt Germany. This record is broken and the new bi-annual TOP500 announcement of the title holder is released every year – in June and November.

A petaflop is 1,000 teraflops, or 1 quadrillion floating-point operations per second. An exascale system is 1,000 petaflops. We will probably see a exascale system in approximately 5+ years. That is the same amount of time it it took us to produce a new form of matter...

I don't think that is very long at all HF, but maybe you operate on a different time scale than the rest us...
    Last edited by Maol9; 05-02-2017 at 04:12 PM.
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet." - 'Mad Dog' James Mattis - Call Sign 'Chaos'

"In the land of milk and honey you must put them on the table" - Steely Dan

HF my apologies. Sometimes I am obtuse.

I took your response wrong. Again my apologies.
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet." - 'Mad Dog' James Mattis - Call Sign 'Chaos'

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

@Maol9

My pet aflops right on the bed. You gave me a headache with your posting.

What the hell is the speed of the clock (time base) in that thing?

This shit has gone way over my head, and I will never catch up.

When I started with the electronic thingy, I had diodes from the first ones produced, 1N34's.

Built radios from them and first transistors in 1954.

Built a Heathkit computer in 1980? Used a 600 baud dial up modem.

Far to complex for me today, oh well.

I can still lap crystals after the PLL dies.
    Last edited by SOCOM42; 05-02-2017 at 04:26 PM.
    Maol9 likes this.

Moving On...

Quote Originally Posted by Maol9 View Post
    HF my apologies. Sometimes I am obtuse.

I took your response wrong. Again my apologies.
    You don't have to apologize..I know I live in a different way..and others learn..

Quote Originally Posted by SOCOM42 View Post
    @Maol9

Socom it is Quantum, it crosses the time threshold and would be capable in it's basic form of keeping time far beyond the current 'near' Quantum clocks which are based on the aluminium ion with a measured frequency to the (current standard) based time with a freq of 1121015393207857.4(7)Hz. NIST has attributed their amazing speed and accuracy to the fact that they are insensitive to background magnetic and electric fields, and are unaffected by temperature.

A clock based on Quantum Time Crystals is far more accurate...

Quote Originally Posted by SOCOM42 View Post
    @Maol9

Socom it is Quantum, it crosses the time threshold and would be capable in it's basic form of keeping time far beyond the current 'near' Quantum clocks which are based on the aluminium ion with a measured frequency to the (current standard) based time with a freq of 1121015393207857.4(7)Hz. NIST has attributed their amazing speed and accuracy to the fact that they are insensitive to background magnetic and electric fields, and are unaffected by temperature.

A clock based on Quantum Time Crystals is far more accurate...

I feel lost, no Collins crystal ovens, whaaaa.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Sponsored Links