Milwaukee duct knife- budget ka-bar?
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

This is a discussion on Milwaukee duct knife- budget ka-bar? within the General Prepper and Survival Talk forums, part of the Survivalist, Prepper, Bushcrafter, Forest Rangers category; At home depot they stock this new knife by Milwaukee tool it's called their duct knife. I don't have a pic on hand but I'm ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Milwaukee duct knife- budget ka-bar?

Super Moderator

At home depot they stock this new knife by Milwaukee tool it's called their duct knife. I don't have a pic on hand but I'm sure you can look it up. I bought this for like 15 bucks on sale and let me tell you- it's not bad! It's a full length double edged knife made for cutting duct work. It is really sharp and made of some great steel. Parkerized finish, one edge is serrated one is normal. I had to do a little touch up on the tip the tip left a little to be desired but it cleaned up easy.

It has a great handle, very similar to a diving knife. It's 8 or 9 inches, full tang, textured non slip handle, big grip on it- you can bunch up over it confidently. It bears an appearance like those daggers the germans carried in the war. Straight dagger. The blade is nice and thick, the grind is pretty good too. What I like about it is that it's not one of those half serrated half blade bologna knives I hate those things. I mean yes, it's more aggressive to have half serration but as a survival tool you can't carve much with that, the serrated part is near impossible to sharpen without chainsaw files and it just doesn't work for a LOT of bushcraft purposes. Even skinning or butchering you don't want that serrated edge. BUT this thing is one or the other. I would take it into a fight any day or carry it to the butcher block. Carving? No problem. In all it's a great knife for the bucks.

https://www.amazon.com/Milwaukee-48-...kee+duct+knife
    redhawk, Maol9 and RedLion like this.
    Always remember- there's a wealth around you

I'm going to HD on Thursday and will check it out...thanks for the heads up!
    When seconds count, help is minutes away...Support the Second Amendment!

being Milwaukee the quality is probably there ....
    I llini WarriorHidden Content

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

In case you don't trust Milwaukee there is the Klein version on sale for 13.99 on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B003OA69W6/ref=dp_cerb_2

Comparing photos I think I would go with the Klein...
    RedLion, Hemi45 and A Watchman like this.
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet." - 'Mad Dog' James Mattis - Call Sign 'Chaos'

"In the land of milk and honey you must put them on the table" - Steely Dan

Quote Originally Posted by redhawk View Post
    I'm going to HD on Thursday and will check it out...thanks for the heads up!
    After seeing the quality of this knife and holding it in my hand, I bought one. I believe it is a decent quality every day working knife and I like the fact that it has a full tang...should be a tough...thanks again for the heads up!
    When seconds count, help is minutes away...Support the Second Amendment!

I'm not familiar with this knife. Can you do a review?

Being a double-edged blade, you will want to check your local laws about having this in your possession outside of a profession or your own home.
    Some states would consider this a "dagger", and classify it as illegal to carry.
    "Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." - H. L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by Maol9 View Post
    In case you don't trust Milwaukee there is the Klein version on sale for 13.99 on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B003OA69W6/ref=dp_cerb_2

Comparing photos I think I would go with the Klein...
    I have both and prefer the Milwaukee.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
    Maol9 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackDog View Post
    I have both and prefer the Milwaukee.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
    Thanks BD, any reason why? I am thinking of picking a few up, Christmas is just around the corner...
    BlackDog likes this.
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet." - 'Mad Dog' James Mattis - Call Sign 'Chaos'

"In the land of milk and honey you must put them on the table" - Steely Dan

Quote Originally Posted by Kauboy View Post
    Being a double-edged blade, you will want to check your local laws about having this in your possession outside of a profession or your own home. Some states would consider this a "dagger", and classify it as illegal to carry.
    That wasn't good news, I didn't know it was a dagger.

Oh, I have nothing against the category, it's just how they're sharpened. A dagger's point is formed by four planes all aligning at the exact space. Not only is this cosmetic feature hard to do, but the planes are quite obtuse.

As I've said, my EDC knives are in the 15 to 18 degree zone. I've seen daggers go at 25 degrees per plane.

Some tomahawks have keener edges.
    Maol9 likes this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links