Something Different for a Saturday - Let's Talk Flamethrower
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

This is a discussion on Something Different for a Saturday - Let's Talk Flamethrower within the General Prepper and Survival Talk forums, part of the Survivalist, Prepper, Bushcrafter, Forest Rangers category; https://survivalblog.com/product-rev...ke-williamson/ guy wrote up a personal review - along with operating suggestions - about a flamethrower he purchased for brush clearing (???) - DIY plans ...

Like Tree10Likes
  • 2 Post By Illini Warrior
  • 1 Post By Slippy
  • 1 Post By Illini Warrior
  • 1 Post By Chipper
  • 1 Post By Stick
  • 1 Post By SOCOM42
  • 2 Post By Denton
  • 1 Post By inceptor

Thread: Something Different for a Saturday - Let's Talk Flamethrower

https://survivalblog.com/product-rev...ke-williamson/

guy wrote up a personal review - along with operating suggestions - about a flamethrower he purchased for brush clearing (???) - DIY plans are sold also for taking it to a Ace Hardware level ... neither option is cheap - I'll stick my propane weedburner ....
    Slippy and bigwheel like this.
    I llini WarriorHidden Content

If said Flame-Thrower works in clearing mulsimes, then I'm all in!

Quote Originally Posted by Illini Warrior View Post
    https://survivalblog.com/product-rev...ke-williamson/

guy wrote up a personal review - along with operating suggestions - about a flamethrower he purchased for brush clearing (???) - DIY plans are sold also for taking it to a Ace Hardware level ... neither option is cheap - I'll stick my propane weedburner ....
    A Watchman likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Slippy View Post
    If said Flame-Thrower works in clearing mulsimes, then I'm all in!

my personal opinion - when the Marines were down to frag grenades for house clearing in their Iraq urban fighting ... a few flamethrowers would have been handy ....
    Slippy likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Yes Sir-Ree BobCat-Tail

Quote Originally Posted by Illini Warrior View Post
    my personal opinion - when the Marines were down to frag grenades for house clearing in their Iraq urban fighting ... a few flamethrowers would have been handy ....

Just put gas instead of water in one of those old stainless reusable pressurized fire extinguisher tanks. Then a spark like a match, bottle rocket or cigarette. Works great for starting bonfires. Keep it simple.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Something Different for a Saturday - Let's Talk Flamethrower-dsc01489.jpg  

Slippy likes this.

I was seriously considering a flame thrower last winter when the drifts were six feet deep and I could not get out no way, no how. But then, it melted. Maybe next year...
    A Watchman likes this.

If anyone does consider one, check state laws, they are banned here.

They are considered an infernal machine by the state, just like an IED.

A stun gun will work for ignition or a bernzomatic strapped to the wand.

Best to mix at least 25% used motor oil to the gas.

M1 or M2 thickener is best for the mix.
    Box of frogs likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by SOCOM42 View Post
    If anyone does consider one, check state laws, they are banned here.

They are considered an infernal machine by the state, just like an IED.

A stun gun will work for ignition or a bernzomatic strapped to the wand.

Best to mix at least 25% used motor oil to the gas.

M1 or M2 thickener is best for the mix.

I think a good many states - not to mention cities - will have a problem with a civilian owning one ... if some smart azz gangbanger ever rigged up a few and started BBQing the competition it'll be a quik vote to ban them ....

for igniting just a simple piezo spark igniter like off a BBQ grill or gas stove/oven would do the job ....

the Marines had flamethrower tanks toward the end of the Pacific War - they trailed a fuel bladder behind - they'd just pump out the diesel on those tunnel hills and palm tree bunkers and then ignite ... Banzai
    Last edited by Illini Warrior; 04-08-2017 at 11:43 AM.

Super Moderator

Flame throwers. I'm assuming the topic is about things other than starting controlled burns.

A friend's father was one of those men who were fighting in the Pacific theater during WWII. He was a kind, gentle, sensitive man. He was one of those types of people who put thought into everything he did. He and his young wife were good people. They were God fearing people who attended church and helped those who needed a hand.

My friend's father was made a flame thrower. Fighting was hard. The Japanese were ruthless fighters. They had to be burned out of their holes. He knew this. He did his job and employed the flame thrower time and again.

Obviously, he was old when I met him. He was still a kind man, but he wasn't right, if you know what I mean. Years and years of little to know sleep took its toll on his mind and body.
    See, it's really hard to get a good night's sleep when you hear the horrible screams of fellow men being burned alive.

You can't unsee things, and you can't unhear things.
    inceptor and SOCOM42 like this.
    Hidden Content
    "Reality is almost always wrong."
    Dr. Gregory House

Quote Originally Posted by Denton View Post
    Flame throwers. I'm assuming the topic is about things other than starting controlled burns.

A friend's father was one of those men who were fighting in the Pacific theater during WWII. He was a kind, gentle, sensitive man. He was one of those types of people who put thought into everything he did. He and his young wife were good people. They were God fearing people who attended church and helped those who needed a hand.

My friend's father was made a flame thrower. Fighting was hard. The Japanese were ruthless fighters. They had to be burned out of their holes. He knew this. He did his job and employed the flame thrower time and again.

Obviously, he was old when I met him. He was still a kind man, but he wasn't right, if you know what I mean. Years and years of little to know sleep took its toll on his mind and body.
    See, it's really hard to get a good night's sleep when you hear the horrible screams of fellow men being burned alive.

You can't unsee things, and you can't unhear things.
    This is something most don't consider.
    Denton likes this.

Sponsored Links