Reading the Tea Leaves
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Reading the Tea Leaves

This is a discussion on Reading the Tea Leaves within the General Prepper and Survival Talk forums, part of the Survivalist, Prepper, Bushcrafter, Forest Rangers category; As we have just launched 50+ Tomahawk misses against Syria, I am wondering what you believe the response to this action will be? I am ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: Reading the Tea Leaves

Reading the Tea Leaves

As we have just launched 50+ Tomahawk misses against Syria, I am wondering what you believe the response to this action will be? I am less concerned by a possible retaliation by Syria, but I am concerned by what the terrorists and North Koreans might do. My wife thinks it will send a message and give them pause to act against our interests. I believe that is not true since they are not rational " humans" and this may embolden them towards aggression. What are your thoughts and how do you see this possibly escalating, and are you doing anything more towards preparing?

TG

First, warned Russia and Syria about the impending attack, then launch 50+ missiles to destroy an empty airfield.
    I'm sorry but it's both, hilarious and sad at the same time. I'm mostly sad for the American taxpayers. Thankfully, I'm not one of them.
    Inor, SGG and RJAMES like this.

Quote Originally Posted by TG View Post
    First, warned Russia and Syria about the impending attack, then launch 50+ missiles to destroy an empty airfield.
    I'm sorry but it's both, hilarious and sad at the same time. I'm mostly sad for the American taxpayers. Thankfully, I'm not one of them.
    Thanks for clearing that up.

Regarding the warnings to save people lives, and the expenditure of treasure to send a tactile (not tactical, but that works too) message to frame the conversation?

Pure American, and you can be certainly excused for not getting that...
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet." - 'Mad Dog' James Mattis - Call Sign 'Chaos'

"In the land of milk and honey you must put them on the table" - Steely Dan

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

TG

What is the point of this "attack", that is the real question. What will it change exactly?
    Assad did not gas his own people.
    Denton likes this.

TG

Why not launch your 50+ missiles at Assad government's buildings? With a forewarning, of'course, to save lives.
    Maol9 likes this.

What is the point of this "attack", that is the real question. What will it change exactly?
    Maybe, maybe not. But, to these United States and Canada (and Russia for that matter), what does it matter? Ivan wants the warm water port. That is the only reason they are helping Assad. I cannot fathom, for the life of me, why these United States care about a muslim civil war. The only reason I can think of is Syria's shared border with Israel. But if they are busy killing each other, they are not killing Jews. So who cares?
    rest in peace Corporal Bradley Coy 06/08/92-10/24/14

TG

"Ivan" already has warm water port and rightfully so. ISIS is in Syria and has been attacking Russia before it was called ISIS. Americans are not really fighting ISIS, why waste 59 missiles on an empty aerodrome?
    Denton likes this.

TG

This Middle Eastern guy is funny.. a bit simplistic but has a point.

Reading the Tea Leaves-img_9192.jpg

OK I thought that I was clear, obviously not. If Putin would have done what he said he would do and later certified he had done , then there wouldn't have been any sarin gas to poison little children.

Putin's failure to keep a tight leash on his dog and destroy ISIS in Syria has had unintended consequences. Whoops our bad. Stand by for more...The second round is being loaded in Greece as I type...

Obummer is gone and Ronnie came back from the dead, but he is just a little more edgy this time around...

You laugh because we spent .5 billion to send the world a message? How many billions is Putin willing to put up? How many of the Billions he and his cronies have stolen from the Russian People?

Make no mistake it is all about messaging...
    Mereel Kestan likes this.
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet." - 'Mad Dog' James Mattis - Call Sign 'Chaos'

"In the land of milk and honey you must put them on the table" - Steely Dan

This Middle Eastern guy is funny.. a bit simplistic but has a point.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_9192.JPG 
Views:	44 
Size:	146.0 KB 
ID:	43217
    Nothing like staged dead kid photos to galvanize us to jump on a morality high horse and f--k everything up.

We blew up some buildings though so...yay?

sent from a paper cup and string via quantum wierdness
    TG, Inor and SGG like this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links