Would you do it?
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Would you do it?

This is a discussion on Would you do it? within the General Prepper and Survival Talk forums, part of the Survivalist, Prepper, Bushcrafter, Forest Rangers category; http://www.newsmax.com/t/newsmax/article/779419/18 I do not think that the potential danger to my family would be worth it. Many homeless have mental issues, alcoholism or drug addictions. ...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree54Likes

Thread: Would you do it?

Would you do it?

http://www.newsmax.com/t/newsmax/article/779419/18

I do not think that the potential danger to my family would be worth it. Many homeless have mental issues, alcoholism or drug addictions. I do not want that or the fall out from such behavior on my doorstep. Nor would I want to live next door to such a situation.
    RedLion, Radio, Maol9 and 1 others like this.
    Blessed be God, my rock who trains my hands for battle, my fingers for war. Psalms 144:1

Victory can depend on a dog or a goose---Napoleon

The Good Cop

Oh, heck no!
    As you noted, homelessness is most often a symptom of an underlying problem. The majority are substance abusers.
    I used to catch flak from local veterans organizations I belong to who were "trying to help homeless veterans" when I would point out most of them were homeless by choice.
    I.e. choosing drugs/alcohol over taking care of themselves.
    RedLion, SOCOM42 and Radio like this.
    "There is nothing so exhilarating as to be shot at without result." Winston Churchill
    "Leave the artillerymen alone, they are an obstinate lot." Napoleon
    Member: VFW, American Legion, Vietnam Veterans of America, Society of the 5th Infantry Division, Sons of the American Revolution.

No madder what the lease says try to get rid of them once in. It will go to a judge and we know how that goes.
    Camel923, Sasquatch and Radio like this.
    New life as a house husband, major shift in duties.

Karl Marx said, "Destroy their culture, rewrite their history. Ruin their art and literature, and defame their heroes, by offering fabrications to scandalize that which they considered good.
    After reading this Obama said I am on it.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

I work with homeless veterans for the VA. It is correct that most homeless veterans have substance abuse problems and more than half have mental health problems as well. A good number have a significant criminal history as well. I do agree that many have ended up homeless due to their own choices, but after the last recession started, 2007/08, many veteran became homeless due to job loss and would otherwise not have been homeless. Bottom line, I would not have a stranger living in my back yard, homeless or not.

note the "government money" - that's not Portland money or Oregon money - that's good old FEDERAL MONEY .... you'd be absolutely amazed to see what that money was really allocated for originally ....

no wayyyyyyyyyyyyyy in hell would some dumbazz neighbor start a halfway house in freaking toolsheds in his backyard .... he'd learn REAL quik what kind of haphazard & careless smokers his new friends are - they'd all be looking for new housing ....
    RedLion likes this.
    I llini WarriorHidden Content

The first four are going to cost $365,000 dollars.

Sounds like Solyndra just found a new niche, . . .

Dang fool people paying that kind of money for a cardboard box with doors, windows, and a doorbell.

I am so glad Portland is just about as far as they can possibly be from Ohio, . . . even though San Ysidro is a but further.

May God bless,
    Dwight
    If you can breathe, . . . thank God.

If you can read, . . . thank a teacher.

If you are reading this in English, . . . thank a veteran.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Are they going to attach it to your septic system? good luck on that!

Give some outcast a place to observe your everyday activities, everything could end up missing including you!

How much land is open in Oregon? must be millions of acres for them to use, why individually owned land?

Who will feed them and pick up their food and drugs?

Myself, it would never happen here with me, I have thrown way too many of the type in jail for B&E's.

Had one homeless guy that broke into many houses in 5 or 6 towns, when leaving he torched them.

We thought he burned to hide any evidence left behind, no, not the case,

did it because he could not have the place for himself, and wanted to deprive the owner of the house and things he cared about.

Today he has his room and board supplied by the state for 30 years, was not a mental case, he spent 4 months under observation.
    Last edited by SOCOM42; 03-18-2017 at 07:54 PM.
    Camel923, Radio and RedLion like this.

That would be a no. I don't mind helping Veterans. But, my backyard is my own.
    RedLion likes this.

Let me think about it and gat back to you.

Hmmmmmmmm.

Um, no.

"Willing homeowners"? More like "witless homeowners".

The hilarity of such an idea is that if Joe Sixpack wanted to build one of these on his own, the city would likely shut him down on Code violations alone.
    RedLion likes this.
    It will be a great day when our schools have all the money they need, and politicians have to start selling candy bars and holding car washes to finance their campaigns.
    The Ultimate Prepper's E-Library can be found Hidden Content .
    Feel free to visit my YouTube page. Hidden Content

I must agree with you, Not in my back yard.
    RedLion likes this.
    I really want one of these!Hidden Content

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links