Would you do it? - Page 2
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Would you do it?

This is a discussion on Would you do it? within the General Prepper and Survival Talk forums, part of the Survivalist, Prepper, Bushcrafter, Forest Rangers category; Originally Posted by dwight55 The first four are going to cost $365,000 dollars. Sounds like Solyndra just found a new niche, . . . Dang ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree54Likes

Thread: Would you do it?

Quote Originally Posted by dwight55 View Post
    The first four are going to cost $365,000 dollars.
    Sounds like Solyndra just found a new niche, . . .
    Dang fool people paying that kind of money for a cardboard box with doors, windows, and a doorbell.
    I am so glad Portland is just about as far as they can possibly be from Ohio, . . . even though San Ysidro is a but further.

May God bless,
    Dwight
    $365,000/365=1000/4 =250.00 per unit per day per year.

Even in North Portland that buys some damn fine hotel rooms. After a year those cracker-jack shacks are going to be ramshackle health hazards. At least hotel rooms get cleaned every day/week.

$365,000/4=91,250 Per unit. Wholly crap we could buy a small lot and build a small off-grid Eco-friendly house for that much.

This according to the article is a Temporary stopgap fix until the real solution to permanently house 4,000 homeless is ready in 2 years...

$260,000,000/4000=$65,000 Per person to build government owned and operated apartment complexes, and that is the local bond portion.

There just have to be better solutions to this seemingly never ending human tragedy.

To all of the 200 homeowners who signed up all I can say is "Well bless your little lil' heart."
    RedLion and Denton like this.
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet." - 'Mad Dog' James Mattis - Call Sign 'Chaos'

"In the land of milk and honey you must put them on the table" - Steely Dan

It would end very badly .... for you.
    I will choose to enjoy the journey that God has prepared for me. Hidden Content

The Good Cop

Lest anyone think I have a "holier than thou" attitude about substance abusers:
    1. After Vietnam I sought solace in bottles of whiskey
    2. To the point of losing my family and becoming homeless
    3. By 1988 it seemed suicide was the most viable option I had
    4. Since 1989 I have been a sober, recovering alcoholic and productive member of society
    5. Today I help alcoholics who WANT to recover, but I refuse to waste time on those who are not yet ready. There are too many who ARE ready.

"Whenever anyone reaches out for help, I want the hand of Alcoholics Anonymous to always be there. And for that, I am responsible."
    "There is nothing so exhilarating as to be shot at without result." Winston Churchill
    "Leave the artillerymen alone, they are an obstinate lot." Napoleon
    Member: VFW, American Legion, Vietnam Veterans of America, Society of the 5th Infantry Division, Sons of the American Revolution.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by rice paddy daddy View Post
    4. Since 1989 I have been a sober, recovering alcoholic and productive member of society
    5. Today I help alcoholics who WANT to recover, but I refuse to waste time on those who are not yet ready. There are too many who ARE ready.

"Whenever anyone reaches out for help, I want the hand of Alcoholics Anonymous to always be there. And for that, I am responsible."
    Good for you.

Never blame the one that falls and tries to get up, blame the one that falls and wants to stay on the ground.

2007 and 2008 changed the lives of thousands of Americans. Some where put out on the street through no faults of their own as the result of corruption in the big banks. They claim we've recovered and for the most part we have but there are those that have fallen through the cracks. I got a hand up during this time from my family and I'm eternally grateful.
    Camel923, RedLion, Denton and 1 others like this.
    Sic Vis Pacem Para Bellum

Hell Effin No! We're presently selling our house and having people breeze though for a look pisses me off. Having boarders in my yard ... NEVER!
    Last edited by Hemi45; 03-18-2017 at 09:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty901 View Post
    No madder what the lease says try to get rid of them once in. It will go to a judge and we know how that goes.
    Especially in Portland. Also even in Portland nobody is going to want to rent a "Tool Shed" after 5 years of hard use. Just more of North West Oregon BS.
    Aut Pax Aut Bellum.
    NRA Life Member
    "America is at that awkward stage. It's to late to work within the system, but too early to shoot the bastards" Claire Wolfe

Super Moderator

How could we help the homeless who are wanting help?

Halfway houses, with counseling and job skills training. Tech school type training comes to mind.

Sure, I care about people, and I'm pretty good with people to include those with "issues." Does that mean I should bring potential threats into the neighborhood? Nope. Especially when there are better ways.

Would I be willing to volunteer, were there some sort of program that could use me? Yup.
    Smitty901, RedLion and Maol9 like this.
    Hidden Content
    "Reality is almost always wrong."
    Dr. Gregory House

I own a second house on the farm. Knowing the pit falls of renting I would never play that game. Some years back a solider that I knew well got his ass in deep trouble.
    He was a good soldier but a lousy member of society. Even if you are defending yourself laying a few city LEO out is not a good idea. Then when you get out of jail 6 months latter moving back to the same tow an even worst idea. We moved him into the other house. he had 2 years rent free out of town to get his ducts in a row.. He moved on still with struggles but last I heard hew was not drunk or in jail. 3 people have used that home free to get a restart.
    Plans like this one are nothing but away to take money from tax payers and will help no one. You can bet every unit will have a sign up for the democrat party flyer on the door.
    Denton, Camel923 and Maol9 like this.
    New life as a house husband, major shift in duties.

Karl Marx said, "Destroy their culture, rewrite their history. Ruin their art and literature, and defame their heroes, by offering fabrications to scandalize that which they considered good.
    After reading this Obama said I am on it.

Quote Originally Posted by rice paddy daddy View Post

Good for you sir. Without going into details, my history is similar to yours. Based on my experiences about half the homeless veterans that I work with get out of being homeless, stay sober and live a happy and productive life after intervention. The other half, unfortunately, fall back into the same old patterns, using, losing their job etc, and end up back homeless. I have found that good job opportunities and actual affordable housing are the two best ways to assist homeless veterans, along with supports to stay sober.
    Denton and Maol9 like this.

It takes a wild eyed, pie in the sky, freakin liberal to come up with a way to waste the taxpayers money on a scheme that will change nothing. You would also have to be wild eyed, freakin stupid to allow this to be done in your back yard. That would be a hell no!
    RedLion likes this.
    " All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: Freedom, Justice, Honor, Duty, Mercy, Hope" .Hidden Content

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links