Propane Heater - Page 3
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Propane Heater

This is a discussion on Propane Heater within the General Prepper and Survival Talk forums, part of the Survivalist, Prepper, Bushcrafter, Forest Rangers category; Knotacare, Second off; Everybody be right regarding the Buddy Line of Heaters. Ole Slip got one or three himself! First; Your daughter and her husband ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: Propane Heater

Knotacare,

Second off; Everybody be right regarding the Buddy Line of Heaters. Ole Slip got one or three himself!

First; Your daughter and her husband should have thought about this last SUMMER! Prepare Son, Prepare! Do not REACT!

Your friend,

Slip

Quote Originally Posted by Knotacare View Post
    My daughter & husband recently lost power in the latest NE snow storm. They won't have power restored for at least 2 days. The temp was 20 degrees this morning. I am considering buying them a
    Mr. Heater, 30,000 - 45,000 BTU 540 Degree Tank Top Heater. I'm thinking if a window is cracked & a co2 sensor is close by they should be fine. Any one recommend something better or any better ideas. They live in a townhouse of around 1200 sq ft. Thanks
    Tennessee and A Watchman like this.

Get yourself, or your daughter a Buddy.
    I will choose to enjoy the journey that God has prepared for me. Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by dwight55 View Post
    I'm sorry, guys, . . . but I don't think most of you bothered to read the OP.

They live in a townhouse, . . . which indicates either an apartment or a condo.

Having one of those "on the bottle" rigs in a 1200 sq ft townhouse means it is within 3 ft of something that burns no matter where you place it unless you clear out an area for it.

It is simply a three alarm fire awaiting for a place to happen.

Anybody who would put one of those in an inhabited house, apt. or condo, . . . in my estimation, . . . they need a couple sessions with Dr. Phil, . . . garage or shed, AOK, . . . living quarters, . . . not on your life, . . . or especially on mine.

The unit I posted also has a thermostat, . . . which means you can start it, . . . and forget it, . . . once you get a setting you like. Go to bed and go to sleep if you like. Got one of those bottle things burning???? Better find someone to take the night shift while it burns.

May God bless,
    Dwight
    Well you are quite right young & inexperienced...I was there once. They were lucky as workers from other states came in to help & the power was on yesterday afternoon. I have an extra generator & if I hooked it up it would probably be stolen in a fairly short time so that was not an option. Thank you for all the advice. I normally would have let them learn a lesson the hard way but she is due to have my granddaughter any day now so I got involved. I guess the main reason they didn't want to leave is they have an older cat that just can't travel now. I guess cats come first sometimes.
    dwight55 and A Watchman like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

I have the portable buddy heather that generates 3000-6000 btu's. It does a good job of heating the 10-12 shed that has no insulation in the winter time here. Granted it doesnt get as cold here as it does there but that should give you an idea. It has a auto shut off if you bump it and I think it also has a low oxygen sensor as well. On the low setting with a 20 lb bottle of propane it will run about a 110-120 hours. I was also using it to heat my 24 ft RV during the winter as well as back up power and it did a awesome job. At 12 bucks per a tank here thats pretty economical I think. The bigger one that generates about 6-10K in BTU's ought to work pretty well and give about 30 hours of run time surly. If you go this route please make sure you get a Propane leak detector!!!
    hawgrider and A Watchman like this.

Several years ago when we lost electrical power for 7 days during an ice/snow storm. The next week we went out and got a 30,000 BTU wall heater and a external propane tank. The local gas company plumbed the gas to the heater free for leasing the propane tank. The unit can have feet attached and it so it can stand alone but we mounted it on the wall.

Where we mounted the heater it will heat the downstairs and upstairs. We placed it by the stairs going to the lower level and stairwell acts like a chimney and this heats the upstairs. One of my better investments.
    A Watchman, Slippy and wallyLOZ like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Tennessee View Post
    Several years ago when we lost electrical power for 7 days during an ice/snow storm. The next week we went out and got a 30,000 BTU wall heater and a external propane tank. The local gas company plumbed the gas to the heater free for leasing the propane tank. The unit can have feet attached and it so it can stand alone but we mounted it on the wall.

Where we mounted the heater it will heat the downstairs and upstairs. We placed it by the stairs going to the lower level and stairwell acts like a chimney and this heats the upstairs. One of my better investments.
    Well done and thanks for the share.
    dwight55 likes this.
    I will choose to enjoy the journey that God has prepared for me. Hidden Content

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Sponsored Links