Surge in human cases of deadly bird flu is prompting alarm - Page 2
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Surge in human cases of deadly bird flu is prompting alarm

This is a discussion on Surge in human cases of deadly bird flu is prompting alarm within the General Prepper and Survival Talk forums, part of the Survivalist, Prepper, Bushcrafter, Forest Rangers category; What do we have here? Bird flu detected in chicken breeding facility in Tennessee NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP) -- A commercial chicken breeding facility in south-central ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: Surge in human cases of deadly bird flu is prompting alarm

What do we have here?

Bird flu detected in chicken breeding facility in Tennessee
    NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP) -- A commercial chicken breeding facility in south-central Tennessee has been hit by a strain of bird flu, agriculture officials said Sunday.

The state Agriculture Department said in a news release that tests confirmed the presence of the H7 strain of Highly Pathogenic Avian Influenza, or HPAI, at a facility in Lincoln County. The facility alerted the state veterinarian's office on Friday about an increase in chicken deaths.

The statement did not name the facility. The facility and about 30 other poultry farms within about a six-mile radius of the site are under quarantine.
    News from The Associated Press

The Good Cop

Quote Originally Posted by RedLion View Post
    What do we have here?

That's what I read also, from Reuters. Some 76,000 birds were to be culled from that one farm alone.
    I wouldn't eat Tyson chicken anyway. Before their Jacksonville processing plant closed there were contract farmers everywhere around here. Including one down at the end of our road who had over 50,000 birds.
    The Tyson plant was constantly being written up for health violations.
    Like chicken fecal matter on processed birds being packaged for sale, as one example.
    "There is nothing so exhilarating as to be shot at without result." Winston Churchill
    "Leave the artillerymen alone, they are an obstinate lot." Napoleon
    Member: VFW, American Legion, Vietnam Veterans of America, Society of the 5th Infantry Division, Sons of the American Revolution.

3rd case of bird flu detected in Tennessee

NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP) -- A third commercial poultry breeding operation in Tennessee has tested positive for avian flu.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by RedLion View Post

those TN chicken farms had the same strain as a IN turkey farm back a few months ago - it's circulating - making the China jump to humans is where the magic is at - lots of truth in that SHTF movie Contagion ....
    Last edited by Illini Warrior; 03-17-2017 at 11:33 AM.
    RedLion and MaterielGeneral like this.
    I llini WarriorHidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by Illini Warrior View Post
    those TN chicken farms had the same strain as a IN turkey farm back a few months ago - it's circulating - making the China jump to humans is where the magic is at - lots of truth in that SHTF movie Contagion ....
    I just hope that the next pandemic does not have "patient zero" come from MN like in Contagion.

Birds being sick from flue does not mean the humans having contact with them will always get that strain / type of flu however they might. If humans get this strain of flu it might be transmitted to other humans. When it becomes easy to transmit person to person you got yourself a pandemic.
    RedLion likes this.
    [1]Survival: Actions I need to do NOW to live another 5 minutes to 3 days.[2] Prepping: What I do to insure my family makes it thru an adverse event lasting 3 days to 3 months [3] Seeds and livestock: What you need for long term subsistence.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Sponsored Links