What are you preparing for?
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

This is a discussion on What are you preparing for? within the General Prepper and Survival Talk forums, part of the Survivalist, Prepper, Bushcrafter, Forest Rangers category; I've been reading a lot of different post on a lot of different forums and watched various youtube vids. My question is. What are you ...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree35Likes

Thread: What are you preparing for?

I've been reading a lot of different post on a lot of different forums and watched various youtube vids. My question is. What are you preparing for?

Personally I don't put any stock in the doomsday stuff and definitely not zombies. Other than natural disasters (which is the main thing I prep for), the other big ones I foresee is economic collapse and civil unrest. Both of which I think is only a matter of time.
    RJAMES likes this.

Pick up the bible and start reading .. that is what I am preparing for
    Be a Berean

The thing that scares me the most is long term, widespread loss of electrical power. For whatever reason(s). If I can be prepared for that, with all of its facets and complications, I will feel prepared for almost anything.

I'm not there yet.
    Prepared One and Redneck like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by sideKahr View Post
    The thing that scares me the most is long term, widespread loss of electrical power. For whatever reason(s). If I can be prepared for that, with all of its facets and complications, I will feel prepared for almost anything.

I'm not there yet.
    I doubt anyone is as prepared as they think they are. To be ready for most things takes a lot of room, money, and time. Always better to try though unlike most that live in debt and day to day.
    Camel923 and sideKahr like this.

domestic rioting/looting and wanton violence - without a doubt the most probable SHTF - an initial SHTF all to itself and a likely tangent linked SHTF to just about anything imaginable ....
    Last edited by Illini Warrior; 02-12-2017 at 08:57 AM.
    Targetshooter and SOCOM42 like this.
    I llini WarriorHidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by guardsman79 View Post
    Other than natural disasters (which is the main thing I prep for), the other big ones I foresee is economic collapse and civil unrest. Both of which I think is only a matter of time.
    Add to this Electrical grid down and war, you are there. Not if, when.
    " All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: Freedom, Justice, Honor, Duty, Mercy, Hope" .Hidden Content

I first started prepping in 2010, I was worried about 2012. I thought there was at least going to be chaos in the streets if nothing else. Of course nothing happened but sometime in 2012 I lost my job and was jobless for 6 months. I couldn't get unemployment and couldn't find a decent job where I lived out in the middle of nowhere. I ended up eating through most of my food storage and I was really thankful that I had it, and I don't know what I would've done without it. I probably would've went to bed hungry most nights. I prepare for the unexpected. I can live and sleep in my Bug Out Vehicle, god forbid I ever lost my house I would have a place to sleep. I have plenty of food and water at my house and a get home bag in my vehicle. Anything can happen, anytime, anywhere.

I filmed a video about my jobless struggles at the time. Feel free to watch it.
    RJAMES likes this.

Grid down and the unrest thatll follow. I need to reallocate my gun funds to getting some solar chargers and stashing away more water and chow.

sent from a paper cup and string via quantum wierdness
    RJAMES likes this.

I prep cause it's the smart thing to do. Not because I'm worried about something.
    Redneck likes this.

First off, don't dismiss zombies. The unprepared will roam the earth in search of food and water, etc.
    If you have what they want, they will eventually kill to get it. Maybe they won't kill and eat you like
    Zombies (the upper case Z in Zombies refers to the TV Zombie), but they will kill you. And don't
    dismiss cannibalism. Remember the Donner party, the Uruguayan rugby team who crashed in the
    mountains, the castaway Salvadoran fisherman who "may" have eaten his shipmate, etc. The bible
    talks about a time of famine in which people ate their children during the time of Solomon.

So what do I prepare for? Anything I can think of that will cause a tremendous catastrophe. It
    could be loss of the grid due to a war or terrorist country (EMP), or a geomagnetic storm caused by
    a coronal mass ejection. An economic collapse, hell the list is too long to go into.

Am I prepared? Hell no. And yes, I do believe a doomsday scenario exists, if you don't, go ask the dinosaurs.
    I really want one of these!Hidden Content

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links