Need Assistance - Page 9
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Need Assistance

This is a discussion on Need Assistance within the General Prepper and Survival Talk forums, part of the Survivalist, Prepper, Bushcrafter, Forest Rangers category; Originally Posted by MonstersAreReal If you think you are going to wander across a cabin in the woods that houses a journeyman fur trapper that ...

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9
Like Tree172Likes

Thread: Need Assistance

None

Quote Originally Posted by MonstersAreReal View Post
    If you think you are going to wander across a cabin in the woods that houses a journeyman fur trapper that is just waiting for an apprentice to make into his padawan, I think you'll be roaming for some time sir.
    Actually if he goes to the Montreat water tanks (about 30 miles from where he is now) and go up the fire road above the tanks for about a mile, On top of the ridge go left on the old toll road which is basically just a trail now days) for about 5 miles until you come to the two cabins with an outbuilding. We call those guys in the cabins the "Bear Hunters". Don't get too far off the trail, I'm not sure if they still make shine but you don't want to wander across an operating still.

You can also get there through Ridgecrest (trailhead above the conference center) or the trail off the Blue Ridge Parkway 400 yds west of the Camp Alice Shelter trailhead.
    The Bear Hunters were (and may still be) 2 small families. Some members work in town and some strictly stay on the place and produce for themselves.

There is another group living N. of Black Mountain way off hwy 9 a little south of The Light Center.

This information was accurate as of about 12 years ago.

Wild Boar, Beaver, Coyote, Nutria, Groundhog, Wild Turkey. I left hippieville in case anyone missed it or skimmed. Furthermore, I am a hands on learner. I need in the field, actual/physical training to acquire a new skill. I cant learn by videos or books; Ive stated this fact numerous times on other sites. None of my skills I possess were not attained by means other than hands on training.

If you have trouble learning from books, read it again. And again and again if need be.
    Anything is possible if put your mind to it and are determined.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by lonewolf88 View Post
    Wild Boar, Beaver, Coyote, Nutria, Groundhog, Wild Turkey. I left hippieville in case anyone missed it or skimmed. Furthermore, I am a hands on learner. I need in the field, actual/physical training to acquire a new skill. I cant learn by videos or books; Ive stated this fact numerous times on other sites. None of my skills I possess were not attained by means other than hands on training.
    If you can't learn from books, I fear you won't be long for this world when the SHTF.

Godspeed and good luck to you, you are going to need it.
    Slippy likes this.

lonewolf88,

You are indeed the gift that keeps on giving!

We live in a world where hard workers are in great demand. If you REALLY wanted to work and REALLY tried to find work, then you would have by now.

My gut feel has got you pegged as a damn loser. AND, your obvious mental illness was brought on not by bad luck, genetics or a Haitian Voodoo Curse, but by sniffing Krylon. Please stop sniffing paint....

And Glue too.

Quote Originally Posted by lonewolf88 View Post
    Willing to work for shelter/food. Had some interviews but not hired yet and worked for a motel in return for a week long stay but they dont have any more work needing to be done at present. Cleaned the gutters just two days ago at said motel.

Now, yall want to know why I come here, honestly?! Lets see....because Im sick of the sensitized idiots/fear mongers harassing me and making up false reports; both of which are illegal in NC State Law. I am also still looking for a hunting/fishing partner. Crossbow got damaged on opening day; ran out of water around 3 pm and was riding back; came over the railroad tracks; could not stop or slow down enough; crossbow ended up being thrown in the mountain bikes front wheel; the rear sight was severed and the adjuster screw was bent backward. Going to take an average of 20-30 dollars to repair it. I am fully licensed for hunting and fishing and needing a partner so I can prevent the damage/accident from recurring and so I can hunt until sunset and carry 3-5 liters or gallons of water instead of my 1 Liter canteen only. I do not have the money for a bike cargo trailer; as they range 105-150 dollars.

I am looking for a survivalist partner and a mentor to teach me the Woodsman vocation. Tailor. Woodworker, Forester. I could be making serious money if I could only find a mentor to teach me how to make bows/arrows and clothes from deerhide and such.
    TG, SOCOM42 and hag like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Slippy View Post
    lonewolf88,

You are indeed the gift that keeps on giving!

We live in a world where hard workers are in great demand. If you REALLY wanted to work and REALLY tried to find work, then you would have by now.

My gut feel has got you pegged as a damn loser. AND, your obvious mental illness was brought on not by bad luck, genetics or a Haitian Voodoo Curse, but by sniffing Krylon. Please stop sniffing paint....

And Glue too.
    Now @Slippy , Ashville is not that far from you. I'm sure if he were to walk down to your place you'd be happy to teach him a thing or two.

It would take him a bit longer to get to Texas.
    Slippy likes this.

I have no clue why I'm even bothering to put this here since I think this is a troll thread and the OP isn't serious about anything but here it goes.

Lonewolf, it sounds to me like you need to stop worrying about finding a partner to hunt wild boars with a crossbow and find a partner to go job hunting instead. Around here almost every fast food restaurant has signs up now hiring all shifts starting $9.00 per hour. Our minimum wage is $7.25 if that gives you an idea. It isn't glamorous but getting a job flipping burgers is a start and gives you something you can build up on. Hell around here most of the fast food joints give their employee a free meal so not only do you get paid you get fed. They also offer some form of health insurance and if I'm not mistaken optional 401k's and stock options. Only thing is you have to show up, do the job, and be able to pass a drug screen.

There is more to survival than being able to pitch a tent, light a fire, and hunt. While those things are helpful I don't think anyone here will argue that being employed and having an income is one of the most important survival skills you can posses.
    Last edited by NotTooProudToHide; 04-16-2017 at 06:18 PM.
    SOCOM42, TG, A Watchman and 2 others like this.
    Sic Vis Pacem Para Bellum

TG

@NotTooProudToHide well said.
    NotTooProudToHide likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by NotTooProudToHide View Post
    There is more to survival than being able to pitch a tent, light a fire, and hunt. While those things are helpful I don't think anyone here will argue that being employed and having an income is one of the most important survival skills you can posses.
    I really don't know why he thinks we are all hunters and trappers. That's kinda hard to do in suburbia. My wife would skin me alive if I even suggested we go live in a tent. To me, at least for the time being, having a job and health insurance is the most important thing. Having a paying job is what helped me get the stuff I have.

And no, no one is going to do a prepper show staring yours truly.
    TG, NotTooProudToHide and Slippy like this.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9

Sponsored Links