Nuclear and Pandemic Preparations
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

This is a discussion on Nuclear and Pandemic Preparations within the General Prepper and Survival Talk forums, part of the Survivalist, Prepper, Bushcrafter, Forest Rangers category; As I said before I bought 6 Czech M85 bags from Firearm, Sporting Goods, Military Surplus Online Store in Waldorf MD - Keepshooting® for $1.95 ...

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: Nuclear and Pandemic Preparations

As I said before I bought 6 Czech M85 bags from Firearm, Sporting Goods, Military Surplus Online Store in Waldorf MD - Keepshooting® for $1.95 each plus shipping.*

Czech M85 Bag with Shoulder Strap - Keepshooting®

I'm putting MOPP gloves, Nitrile gloves, Tyvek Hazmat suits and boot covers, N95 masks, goggles and a spare 40mm gas mask filter in them so they are ready.* The bags are water resistant but to further protect the items zip lock bags were used for items.

Nuclear and Pandemic Preparations-everything-layout.jpg
    sideKahr and Redneck like this.
    A prudent man foresees evil and hides himself, But the simple pass on and are punished. Proverbs 22:3 NKJV

The Finnish gas mask and M17 carrier contained an 60mm-40mm filter thread adapter, 60mm gas mask filter a plastic DECON case with a bottle of KIO3 anti radiation pills.

Nuclear and Pandemic Preparations-mask.jpg
    A prudent man foresees evil and hides himself, But the simple pass on and are punished. Proverbs 22:3 NKJV

Here is everything in the bag laid out close up and then in the bag and then the bag half and fully closed.

Nuclear and Pandemic Preparations-protective-gear.jpg

Nuclear and Pandemic Preparations-bag-open.jpg

Nuclear and Pandemic Preparations-bag-half-closed.jpg

Nuclear and Pandemic Preparations-bag-closed.jpg

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

I ordered plastic clips and some 3/4" nylon webbing so that I can convert the bags closures so that it can deploy quicker.* Any comments or suggestions?

You are PREPPED! All I have for radiation is a Kearny Fallout Meter I built myself, some N-95 masks, gloves, iodine tabs, and a shovel to pile dirt against my basement windows. There are two nuclear electrical generating plants 50 miles upwind of me. This is a prep I definitely need to improve on.
    Last edited by sideKahr; 02-03-2017 at 11:51 AM.
    MaterielGeneral likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by sideKahr View Post
    You are PREPPED! All I have for radiation is a Kershaw Rad Meter I built myself, some N-95 masks, gloves, iodine tabs, and a shovel to pile dirt against my basement windows. There are two nuclear generating sites 50 miles upwind of me. This is a prep I definitely need to improve on.
    Well at least you started doing something. We are pretty much bugging in but if we have to leave (Michigan is 3/4 surrounded by nuclear plants) then the suits will come in handy keeping any fallout off of the skin and clothes. You can probably get away with the N95 masks for fallout but to be on the safe side I have the gas masks for nuclear and for pandemic.

And for pandemic, if we were forced to go out for some stupid reason like a medical reason or recovery rescue mission then pretty much everything comes into play. I have a pump up sprayer designed for bleach so if we have to decontaminate then we can spray a bleach/water solution all over.
    Last edited by MaterielGeneral; 02-03-2017 at 09:26 PM. Reason: text
    sideKahr likes this.

I forgot to mention that the bag is very light when loaded.

I prep for a lot but not for this. Closest plant is 350 miles downwind. Nice looking kit, though. Thanks for the info.

@MaterielGeneral You seem to have a handle on this subject. A while back Homeland Sec warned the public to have duct tape and plastic sheeting on hand for emergencies. Is this of any use for rad or bio threats, do you think?

Israel has used the "hide in a bathroom, plastic of window/door and seal with duct tape" for years.
    It works for chemical spills. Not so much for radiation. Radiation requires shielding, really thick
    shielding, see the pix.
    Nuclear and Pandemic Preparations-radioactive-decay-48-hr-scale.jpg
    Name:  Shielding.jpg
Views: 241
Size:  12.9 KB
    Last edited by paraquack; 02-03-2017 at 01:00 PM.
    sideKahr and MaterielGeneral like this.
    I really want one of these!Hidden Content

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links