My adventures in the Nanny State of Pennsylvania - Page 2
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

My adventures in the Nanny State of Pennsylvania

This is a discussion on My adventures in the Nanny State of Pennsylvania within the General Prepper and Survival Talk forums, part of the Survivalist, Prepper, Bushcrafter, Forest Rangers category; Now I'm craving Moonshine from Gatlinburg, TN, where a secret Russian army is stationed. I know those moonshine tastings are considered wimpy by some of ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree37Likes

Thread: My adventures in the Nanny State of Pennsylvania

TG

Now I'm craving Moonshine from Gatlinburg, TN, where a secret Russian army is stationed.
    I know those moonshine tastings are considered wimpy by some of the PF members but I really enjoyed them
    sideKahr likes this.

I use to get the shine from a friend in NC, came in gallon milk jugs, my ex use to drink it along with my brother and father, all are gone now.
    sideKahr likes this.

one of the best moonshine songs

TG, sideKahr and A Watchman like this.
    Be a Berean

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

and of course willie

TG likes this.
    Be a Berean

I don't know if rye whiskey qualifies as moonshine, but I've always liked this piece:

Maine-Marine and Slippy like this.

I think W. C Fields once said "I spent most of my money on Whiskey and women - the rest I just wasted."
    Be a Berean

Quote Originally Posted by sideKahr View Post
    I don't know if rye whiskey qualifies as moonshine, but I've always liked this piece:

American Rye Whiskey is not usually considered "moonshine" it is the legal designation of a whiskey made with at least 51% Rye with the balance of ingredients being corn and barley. It also must be aged in New Barrels not used barrels.

Bourbon differs from Rye Whiskey in that it is made using at least 51% corn and in order to be classified as Kentucky Straight Bourbon, it too must be aged in new barrels for 2 years.

I prefer Kentucky Straight Bourbon to Rye Whiskey. But lately I've been sipping Gentlemen Jack which is Tennessee Whiskey not bourbon and it is double mellowed in charcoal barrels before and after aging. I like it alot.
    Last edited by Slippy; 01-31-2017 at 06:16 PM.
    sideKahr and TG like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Slippy View Post
    American Rye Whiskey is not usually considered "moonshine" it is the legal designation of a whiskey made with at least 51% Rye with the balance of ingredients being corn and barley. It also must be aged in New Barrels not used barrels.

Bourbon differs from Rye Whiskey in that it is made using at least 51% corn and in order to be classified as Kentucky Straight Bourbon, it too must be aged in new barrels for 2 years.

I prefer Kentucky Straight Bourbon to Rye Whiskey. But lately I've been sipping Gentlemen Jack which is double mellowed in charcoal barrels before and after aging. I like it alot.

Attaboy Slip! I like GJD alot to .. welcome aboard and continued enjoyment to ya!.
    Slippy likes this.
    I will choose to enjoy the journey that God has prepared for me. Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by Slippy View Post

I prefer Kentucky Straight Bourbon to Rye Whiskey. But lately I've been sipping Gentlemen Jack which is Tennessee Whiskey not bourbon and it is double mellowed in charcoal barrels before and after aging. I like it alot.
    Have you tried old overholt... Rye whiskey drank by Abe Lincoln, Wyatt Earp and Doc Holliday. It's about $20 a bottle and it's smooth.
    sideKahr and Slippy like this.

Quote Originally Posted by 6811 View Post
    Have you tried old overholt... Rye whiskey drank by Abe Lincoln, Wyatt Earp and Doc Holliday. It's about $20 a bottle and it's smooth.
    I've tried it and liked it. So much booze, so little time.
    6811 and Slippy like this.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links