Are People No Longer Prepping?
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

This is a discussion on Are People No Longer Prepping? within the General Prepper and Survival Talk forums, part of the Survivalist, Prepper, Bushcrafter, Forest Rangers category; Anyone notice the number of members of P/F visiting each day has dropped? It's not because we ain't using deodorant. People seem to think everything ...

Page 1 of 21 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
Like Tree537Likes

Thread: Are People No Longer Prepping?

Super Moderator

Anyone notice the number of members of P/F visiting each day has dropped? It's not because we ain't using deodorant. People seem to think everything will be nothing but peaches and cream, now that Trump is going to be the next president:

?It Is Like A Nuclear Bomb Went Off In The Prepping Community?
    Slippy, hawgrider, Inor and 10 others like this.
    Hidden Content
    "Reality is almost always wrong."
    Dr. Gregory House

See, that's the difference in folks who want to be self sufficient and those who buy into the societal BS of this term that I despise called "Prepping".

Now's the time to ramp up your self sufficiency goals, preparedness plans etc while the other bandwagon hoppers jump off to buy new big screens and tennis shoes.
    Last edited by Slippy; 12-08-2016 at 11:34 AM. Reason: sp

I still am. Now I'll admit that the volume being added to "the shelves" has dramatically diminished. We hit our target goal, and are now just rotating stock. The $$$ we were spending, and every other cent I can save, earn, etc, is going into the "Get the hell out of the Democratic People's Republik of Hellinois" fund. lol

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Third holler on the right. Then up the road a piece
    Its nice to take a break from all the doom and gloom don't you think?
    "The clever cat eats cheese and breathes down rat holes with baited breath." W. C. Fields

It's kinda funny. When the GOP took the senate back in '14, an inlaw of mine made multiple comments about things getting better blah blah blah. Then a year or so later the same old crap was going down and there was multiple continued attacks on the 2nd Amendment. I told him 10+ years ago after the Clinton "Assault Rifle Ban" was lifted to buy a semi auto on a AR platform.

Does the dumbass do what I tell him? Hell No! But he comes over and shoots mine! Finally he wises up and buys a nice modern sporting rifle, pays at least $200 more than what he should have X years ago. But for some reason, he doesn't stock up on ammo. So time flys and then Trump gets elected and my inlaw says "ammo will be in free supply, no reason to buy any now, I'll wait and prices will go down."

I assure you, he will get caught without any ammo because he will have bought into the popularist view that all is well now.

Last time I'll say it. If you want to have plenty of ammo, buy a few boxes every week or so then a few times a year buy in bulk and put some up. It will allow you to shoot when ever you want and also have it when you need it. Same goes for Food, Water, Meds, batteries, whatever...
    Inor, Camel923, Denton and 6 others like this.

We are still neck deep in the self-sufficiency effort. I do not see that ever changing. Even if life is going great with no worries about the future, we live much cheaper and fuller lives with this lifestyle.
    Slippy, Chipper, Denton and 6 others like this.
    rest in peace Corporal Bradley Coy 06/08/92-10/24/14

Sorry, I've been too busy prepping harder than ever to comment. I believe time is running short and am going to need a few of my preps in the very near, uncertain future.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    Using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Denton View Post
    Anyone notice the number of members of P/F visiting each day has dropped? It's not because we ain't using deodorant. People seem to think everything will be nothing but peaches and cream, now that Trump is going to be the next president:

?It Is Like A Nuclear Bomb Went Off In The Prepping Community?
    True. The sheepoles fears have been quelled. Those that know that things can turn on a dime will continue the quest of self sufficiency. Many People just do not have the attention span or wisdom to prepare
    Oddcaliber, Slippy, Denton and 3 others like this.
    Blessed be God, my rock who trains my hands for battle, my fingers for war. Psalms 144:1

Victory can depend on a dog or a goose---Napoleon

I just bought a bunch of canned burger and we are getting some canned fruit (pie filling) this weekend

every day that goes by we are one day closer to THE EVENT happening... call it doom and gloom if you want, I call it PREPPING
    Denton, 7052 and Targetshooter like this.
    Be a Berean

I feel like I'm more into the politics then prepping some time; my apologies.
    Sasquatch, Slippy, Denton and 1 others like this.

Page 1 of 21 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links