Are People No Longer Prepping? - Page 4
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Are People No Longer Prepping?

This is a discussion on Are People No Longer Prepping? within the General Prepper and Survival Talk forums, part of the Survivalist, Prepper, Bushcrafter, Forest Rangers category; I realize guns and ammo aren't the only part of prepping but man it would be nice if he would end the embargo against russian ...

Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast
Like Tree537Likes

Thread: Are People No Longer Prepping?

I realize guns and ammo aren't the only part of prepping but man it would be nice if he would end the embargo against russian guns/ammo and allow the korean garands to return.
    Slippy, Sonya, Oddcaliber and 3 others like this.
    Sic Vis Pacem Para Bellum

Having emailed with a few preppers who were worried about opsec and being on this site.
    While I know the NSA probably is monitoring this site or even bought a few months ago, it
    doesn't bother me. But some people are spooked by it and have left the ranks. It doesn't
    appear that they have stopped prepping. My prepping needs to get going again. Wife used
    a lot of the foods while I was laid up. I guess it's ok, one way to rotate the foodstuffs.
    Denton likes this.
    I really want one of these!Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by Denton View Post
    Anyone notice the number of members of P/F visiting each day has dropped? It's not because we ain't using deodorant. People seem to think everything will be nothing but peaches and cream, now that Trump is going to be the next president:
    I'll give you my 2 cents worth, since you asked & since you are a moderator and part of the site administration. I'm relatively new here but a long time, very hard core prepper. IMO, this site has an identity crisis. If you want to know what I mean, hit the link for active topics. What would a newcomer, browsing the discussions, surmise this forum is about. Is it right wing politics or prepping? If the newcomer was looking for validation of his right wing views, he may stay for awhile, buy maybe look elsewhere as the election concluded. If the newcomer was not interested in politics but just wanted to learn & pass on their knowledge, they might easily go away due to the nature of the politics openly discussed.

I understand many here are very right wing, and that is fine. But you must realize prepping is not the exclusive domain of conservatives. I'm personally middle of the road... very conservative on some topics, less so on others. Note this is the last I will say about my political views. But there are plenty of folks that lean liberal that also prep & also love guns. My point is, all the politics discussed openly here, especially the hateful thread titles, will run off many folks, some conservatives but lots of folks middle of the political spectrum. I happen to have thick skin and learned my lesson here real quick about joining a political discussion. I'll never do that again and was exceedingly hesitant to answer your question. Only reason I am doing so is because I believe in giving back.

I've moderated forums in the past & would not begin to ask you or other site admin to add work for you by adding rules & policing them. But my suggestion would be to separate the politics from the prepping, so that preppers not interested in political hate could find a home here and preppers wanting to spend time discussing politics could do so in their own place (maybe private subforum).

Thank you for what you & the others do here. I know it is not easy & not always fun.
    8301, OakOwl and acidMia like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

The term political hate. Odd. Is there any other political discussion?
    What is the difference between disallowing political discussion and simply not participating?

One is censorship. Do the forum masters have that right since this is a private site? Yes, I believe so. They also have the right to allow it.
    Each one of us has the right to join the discussion or not. If not comfortable with a discussion, don't join in.
    Just because I am peaceful does not mean I have forgotten how to be violent.
    If I am to die tonight I shall see that the night does not pass quietly.

Hidden Content

Hidden Content (Not a troll, a 12 Charlie)
    Hidden Content

Anyone notice the number of members of P/F visiting each day has dropped? It's not because we ain't using deodorant. People seem to think everything will be nothing but peaches and cream, now that Trump is going to be the next president:

?It Is Like A Nuclear Bomb Went Off In The Prepping Community?
    Maybe the feds stopped dropping by?

Please ignore the spelling, "autocorrect" should be renamed.
    Maol9 likes this.

Take a left by where that oak tree used to be
    Haven't stopped prepping yet, my wife and I just discussed a couple days ago about taking an inventory after the Christmas season. We rotate our stock continually so every once in awhile we need to inventory to make sure our stock is appropriate . We need to tweak our bug out a bit to accommodate for the winter months.

Super Moderator

I can tell some didn't bother reading the article before responding.
    hawgrider, Slippy, Maol9 and 1 others like this.
    "Reality is almost always wrong."
    Dr. Gregory House

Third holler on the right. Then up the road a piece
    I can tell some didn't bother reading the article before responding.
    Ha! There was a article Lol. On the phone it didn't look like a link I thought it was your statment.
    Coastie dad, Slippy, Maol9 and 2 others like this.
    "The clever cat eats cheese and breathes down rat holes with baited breath." W. C. Fields
    You can find me at the Hidden Content

?It Is Like A Nuclear Bomb Went Off In The Prepping Community?
    Know the Trumpster is making me feel a bit less apprehensive about the future. Might be affecting other folks the same way.
    Denton likes this.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by coldbluesteel View Post
    Maybe the feds stopped dropping by?.
    Good point, maybe the feds stopped checking in so traffic on this site is down.
    Slippy and Maol9 like this.

Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links