Are People No Longer Prepping? - Page 3
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Are People No Longer Prepping?

This is a discussion on Are People No Longer Prepping? within the General Prepper and Survival Talk forums, part of the Survivalist, Prepper, Bushcrafter, Forest Rangers category; Salty, my old buddy! Always good to see you back. One suggestion my good man; I think that the term you used, "Harshes my Mellow" ...

Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
Like Tree537Likes

Thread: Are People No Longer Prepping?

Salty, my old buddy! Always good to see you back.

One suggestion my good man;

I think that the term you used, "Harshes my Mellow" would be a bit more catchy if you change it to, "Marshes my Mellow".

Get it, marshes my mellow? Marsh-Mellow? Kinda punny don't you think?

Quote Originally Posted by Salt-N-Pepper View Post
    Honestly I cut back on visiting here because of all the political hate.

I have zero interest in reading through anger-laced political diatribes, I don't care which side they are on.

Hate busts my groove, it harshes my mellow, and there are other places online I can go so that's where I have been.
    Denton, Inor, hawgrider and 3 others like this.

None

I suspect it has a lot to do with what a person is prepping for. If you are driven by a potential economic collapse the economy and stock market has been doing better so there is less pressure to prepare. If you are driven by an attack (emp, biological, terrorist) or civil unrest the pressure hasn't changed so prepping still holds strong value. But many people who were prepping hard for months or years are approaching what they conceder a reasonably safe level of preparedness and now focus more on maintaining than increasing their preps. That's the point I'm at now.

I'll still add preps like the small chicken house I recently put in but I put it in more for the eggs and hobby value than as a prep.

I've been at the present readiness goal for sometime now. In fact, with a pending move in the next few months, I'm reigning in the levels of dry goods. Once we're up in the real south, I'll be taking 'preps' in a new and better direction to include growing, canning and maybe even chickens and bees. This past year, I was stocking up on precious metals (brass, copper, lead) in anticipation of a Hillary win but that's no longer a concern.
    Denton and Oddcaliber like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by stowlin View Post
    I feel like I'm more into the politics then prepping some time; my apologies.
    I figure you are watching for signs of trouble. Good idea.
    A Watchman and Prepared One like this.
    Hidden Content
    "Reality is almost always wrong."
    Dr. Gregory House

Sorry, I am still here.

But yes I do see a down turn in activity.

I have been at the prepping so long, little more is needed.

I just add more food for the most part.

SHTF does not depend on who is president.
    stowlin, Slippy, Maol9 and 2 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Denton View Post
    I figure you are watching for signs of trouble. Good idea.
    Its true, living in one of the worst of the biggest cities in America, a sign of political strife is a sign of setting sail. There were some times around election night and the weekend after I actually put our home in ocean ready mode. (that doesn't take long I generally keep it that way). Still I'm a political hound and I live in SF so rarely do I get to blast my right wing views.
    Denton and A Watchman like this.

I am prepping more now them before , I am not going to be caught with out anything . If people call me a hoarder so be it . they are the ones that are going to be begging for supplies , food ,water , medical , ammo .
    Denton and Maol9 like this.
    Hidden Content
    GOD Bless The South , The best things in life are Hidden Content ,Hidden Content ,Hidden Content , prayer , 2nd Amendment , my wife , not all in the order .

It never stops, but prepping is more than buying Spam and shitonashingle...its gaining knowledge too

I think serious preppers are still doing their things and wannabes and betas who bought into it reactively are stopping because they think Trump is the antidote

It is good to regen your headspace - some of yall FOGs get too caught up in the doom n gloom/geopol shitstorms and get all crazy

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

Give it a few months interesting times we live in the last few weeks.
    Denton likes this.
    New life as a house husband, major shift in duties.

Karl Marx said, "Destroy their culture, rewrite their history. Ruin their art and literature, and defame their heroes, by offering fabrications to scandalize that which they considered good.
    After reading this Obama said I am on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Denton View Post
    Anyone notice the number of members of P/F visiting each day has dropped? It's not because we ain't using deodorant. People seem to think everything will be nothing but peaches and cream, now that Trump is going to be the next president:

?It Is Like A Nuclear Bomb Went Off In The Prepping Community?
    I am prepping, in fact I'm prepping hard. This is the time to buy, cause preps will be cheaper than when a Democrat is in power. The next president that will take the white house will be likely a democrap. I'm buying all the guns and ammo as much as I could. Hopefully economy will be fantastic so I can spend more on things I won't be able to get after 8 years.
    Denton and Sonya like this.

Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links