Are People No Longer Prepping? - Page 10
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Are People No Longer Prepping?

This is a discussion on Are People No Longer Prepping? within the General Prepper and Survival Talk forums, part of the Survivalist, Prepper, Bushcrafter, Forest Rangers category; Originally Posted by preponadime So what was the original question? Are People No Longer Prepping? That was the original question. The answer is no.There is ...

Page 10 of 21 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 ... LastLast
Like Tree537Likes

Thread: Are People No Longer Prepping?

Quote Originally Posted by preponadime View Post
    So what was the original question?
    Are People No Longer Prepping? That was the original question. The answer is no.There is no more need for it, everything is fixed now.

I'm using up what little preps I had and have sold the firearms I had so I can get the new 4k tv, the dvd player for it and a new 4k PS4.
    Slippy, SOCOM42, Denton and 6 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Will2 View Post
    Eh, not sure if you considered, Des Abats, beef heart, it is awesome, very good for you, it is a little leaner than other beef but it is as good as steak imo. Offal tends to be the cheapest meat in areas it isnt popular, but you may need to go to a meat slaughterhouse to get it if you don't have any good butchers.

I love heart, heart from pretty much any animal is a great meat. It tends to be with lungs, pancreas, liver, kidneys et.. the cheapest meats. Heart is just awesome.

Hey Will! I don't know about this eating heart fetish you developed while you were gone... but I do know I am glad you stopped by and sincerely hope you come back.

But ... lets cut the crap huh? We both know I am not always gonna be nice (neither are you) and you are really not gonna sue me. Oh yea ... I been meaning to ask you if ya know any hippie chicks?
    Inor, Slippy and Prepared One like this.
    I will choose to enjoy the journey that God has prepared for me. Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by MI.oldguy View Post
    With the new year comes new co-pays for medical and more expensive power bills due to obama's coal kill and medigap payments that will TRIPLE!.
    its hard enough keeping our heads above water these days.we really don't have the funds to prep anymore.
    Yep that's their plan. Make it so you can't afford Jack Sh!t! That way you are one step away from being a state dependent, worried and scared.
    Denton and MI.oldguy like this.
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet." - 'Mad Dog' James Mattis - Call Sign 'Chaos'

"In the land of milk and honey you must put them on the table" - Steely Dan

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

ok, so I m like "Inor"?????
    Is this an old thread??
    Is the date wrong???
    Then Im like "Will2"????
    Is the date wrong????
    I did reach out to Mean green a while back, and he had come back for a few threads, but he did tell me he was really busy.
    As for Big Dog Buck, I miss that guy...
    On the "prepping less", my family is just crammed tight right now, hardly any room to add any more, of course, theres room in the safe, but no money.
    We still live frugal, and still buy sale items.
    THis has been a pretty good year, with the exception of one major surgery for each the wife and I.
    So I will end with "KONECHE< YOU WANT A WHOPPER???"
    Denton, inceptor and hawgrider like this.
    RIP Corporal BRADLEY COY 6/18/1992-10/24/2014

I have not stopped by this site in a while because we moved and are getting the new place set up. Too busy for internet since October and just now feel like we can stop and breathe. We found the place that can be our live in and SHTF space. We have spent the past few months building storage shelves, rebuilding our water collection system, and just getting the new place up and in working order. So we are still prepping and living life.
    Denton, A Watchman, TG and 2 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Jp4GA View Post
    I have not stopped by this site in a while because we moved and are getting the new place set up. Too busy for internet since October and just now feel like we can stop and breathe. We found the place that can be our live in and SHTF space. We have spent the past few months building storage shelves, rebuilding our water collection system, and just getting the new place up and in working order. So we are still prepping and living life.
    Good for you .. as for the question posed in the OP ... People who are aware and have a broad world view are still preparing, after all it is what they believe in. The "fly by nights"? Well, they get in and get out with their emotions in most things in their lives. They are the uncommitted.

West Side of the Lower Pennisula of Michigan
    I get where a sense of optimism is coming from, but I'm not sure I can fully share in it. Donald Trump being elected President, while better than Clinton, is still a cause of worry for me. Thus I still have not, nor will I ever relax and say, it's all good now. There are a lot of things to be concerned about. My wife and I are saving as much as we can to get our of our apartment and into a house. From a prepper mindset I like the idea of a house much better than an apartment as it opens up a lot of options. More space, an area that is mine to do with as we see fit within the bounds of the law, etc. That's the biggest prep I'm concentrating on right now.
    TG, Maol9 and OakOwl like this.
    Fortes Fortuna Adiuvat

Third holler on the right. Then up the road a piece
    They freed Willy
    "The clever cat eats cheese and breathes down rat holes with baited breath." W. C. Fields
    You can find me at the Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by hawgrider View Post
    They freed Willy
    Yes Virginia, there is a Santa Claus!
    Inor and hawgrider like this.

hag

Quote Originally Posted by Will2 View Post
    I don't see the Trump tangent except perhaps election season meaning all the people campaigning online trying to win prepper votes have left now that their government is in, in the house, senate and presidents office. Anti Dem Government sorts may not be as keen to shout down their own people.

While the world is pretty sketchy with Syria, we will see if after Jan 20th a detente with Russia. It is sketchy though as Russia and Nato are sort of fighting right now in conventional war in Syria, probably one of the hotest wars since WWII between NATO and Russia. We are talking 8 SOF dying in one week, not sure how common that was in AF or Iraq for SOF to die in those numbers weekly. Just keeping it in perspective, more people have died in Syria than like US deaths during WWI. over 250,000 people. More people are displaced than tons of other conflicts we are talking Millions of people displaced. It is a big big big war, that has been going on for half a decade now.

I think we need to wait to see how many jobs are actually netted. You know you may hear news about 10000 new jobs but that needs to be balanced with the 110000 that are lost over that same period. Gross new jobs is not the measure of job gains, you need to do new jobs - lost jobs.

However, I think we will see good things in the US with Trump, I think we will see more cooperation between Russia and the US as long as Turkey doesn't pull the US into an actual war. We need to wait to see what Turkey actually has to gain from a war with Syria.

As for preppers leaving your site, no idea. I was banned for 8 or 9 months, I had various government agencies monitoring me, which are less likely to be actively monitoring me these days. However, there will still be those that will pop up whenever I post.

Thankfully in the others sites I've been active with I havn't had the same sort of trolling as I had during the days when I was under open government surveillance, that is not to say the take down operation has ended, I have the feeling they have met a bunch of their goals, so lost interest due to other priorities.

None the less. Usage figures probably just have to do with other priorities. The surge in interest in prepping was likely largely due to popular shows such as doomsdaypreppers.

Personally I've been busy with school and work. I was travelling a chunk of the period I was banned, and my free time is taken up with nightclubs' bouncing these days.

My studies are ending soon though, I may have only 4 months left before I am done, and after that I may be moving and starting relatively fresh, I dont have enough room for my old stuff let alone new stuff. I also feel pretty confident in what I do have, not much room for anything new at this point. I also cant be carrying stuff with me for a chunk of time due to work because there are equipment restrictions while working.

Likewise I am not living rough like I am use to because I was given free housing. I will likely be loosing my properties in the north too because I dont have work up there so I can be up there and my resources are stretched with the rigours of leaving school and not having full time work at this time, and likely moving within the next 4 months.

I have been reading occasional articles but I usually, like right now, get the thought that I will be jumped as soon as I post because the "gang" want to control the board, maybe some people recognize the danger of posting on here because there are some people who will use posts, and that the government may use anything anyone posts, and that they arn't secret posts, they are trackable posts.

I think any "REAL" prepping isn't going to see something like a new pres as a world saver. I think we will need to wait and see what happens in a Trump admin, what direction his gov takes to government programs, what his budget looks like. I think it is clear he will as he can get engaged in a bunch of infrastructure projects, and either maintain or grow the US military, but these are all things we will have to see how he interact with congress to get a budget going. I think his first budget will help.

I think it may make sense that people who have been dissatisfied with Dem government as stopping prepping now that the Republicans have government.

I don't think that is anything, those people were never really preppers to begin with, those are more anti-government types, preppers are people who plan for disasters not overthrow of governments.

I think Trump is putting together a very capable execution team. How that translates into the environment Americans are going to be in is anyones guess. I think it will good to see what the budget provides for.

I am definitely optimistic that Americans will see some awsome new potentials, particularly if they are business people in America looking to market their wares to Americans.

That said I need to travel light these days, and my purse strings are pretty tight. I think the homebees will have more interest in traditional prepping. I just cant do it these days due to other priorities and not being able to take anything with me at the drop of a hat.

I am pretty much getting ready to live out of a bag, not live in a bunker.

I do have to say I tried bulk buying quinoa and buckwheat and few other things. I've opted to prep non-gluten base foods, such as them, and lentils and rice. I am finding it to be a new move I have taken with direction to my meager food stockpiling. However I have never really stocked more than a few months supplies because there has never been a scenario I would be in requiring it.

It doesnt make sense to have much more than I can carry. If I run out others definitely will already be raiding houses in their local neighbourhood by that point. Anything that goes on for more than a month will likely require me to leave my current location.

Member numbers may pick up around budget time.

Donald Trump Wants A Federal Government Hiring Freeze, But It May Not Save Money : NPR

This has to be a joke or a troll or something!
    Nobody would have one post that started out with the war in Syria,then moved on to tell about their aimless hobo style travels,and then go in to how the federal government will use every resource available to them in order to track you're internet posts, and lastly for good measure, throw in an update on your new gluten free quinoa and buckwheat diet!
    Either this is a joke or you're high on mushrooms or you're undoubtedly the stupidest cocksucker to ever breathe oxygen!
    Last edited by Denton; 12-12-2016 at 11:42 PM.
    We don't rent pigs

Page 10 of 21 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links