what electronics will you use?
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

This is a discussion on what electronics will you use? within the General Prepper and Survival Talk forums, part of the Survivalist, Prepper, Bushcrafter, Forest Rangers category; i plan on having a laptop with as many games as i can fit on it so i can make the time go faster. what ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: what electronics will you use?

i plan on having a laptop with as many games as i can fit on it so i can make the time go faster. what kind of electronics are you going to use?

I have a solar charger for just in case the power goes out which it probably will. It would charge a phone and small electrical devices. I think I might be a bit too busy to play video games. Just a hunch.

With power: All the comforts of home.
    Without power: probably just a solar powered charger unit to keep some GMRS/FRS radios and a small shortwave radio charged up.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

While a computer would be nice, I seriously wonder if I have time to play games, etc. in a SHTF event. IMHO surviving would be a full time job with plenty of overtime available.
    wesley762, NotableDeath and PaulS like this.

I see the benefit of a tablet loaded with a digital library as well as a means to communicate.
    Seneca likes this.
    "You may all go to hell, and I will go to Texas". Davey Crockett

A tablet or an E reader with a digital library would come in handy.

I have a Nook with over 10,000 books loaded and I am finding more all the time to put on another SD card. I have a laptop with 1000's of movies and TV shows recorded on it. Those are the only 2 I would use after SHTF, I would not carry a cell phone (especially a smart phone) they can track those and I would not want to be found....

Doc

Attachment 2563
    This scanner is on for weather and safety alerts all the time in our house. Has battery backup that keep the radio and clock both going when powers out, and a programmable frequency band that can pick up about ANYTHING ANYONE'S going to transmit. I've got a LARGE aluminum outdoor antenna setup for it I'll plug into should S ever HTF, but keep the radio on the little antenna to help prevent the receiver being damaged from strong signals for everyday use.

Also a few good multi-band receivers, a few FRS radios, and a TG-UV2 two way with several batteries charged. All stored in a grounded steel gun safe (Faraday cage).

Communications will be the difference between life and death in emergency situations.

I would like to have a very powerful desktop in my BO/ BI shelter, with as much general information installed on the hard drive as possible. Everything from survival knowledge, classic literature, music, encyclopedias, to movies, science knowledge, and the bible. I'm talking terabytes of information to be my unofficial library of the human condition. Even in the event of power failure, the information will still be there, to be retrieved later.

Quote Originally Posted by sparkyprep View Post
    I would like to have a very powerful desktop in my BO/ BI shelter, with as much general information installed on the hard drive as possible. Everything from survival knowledge, classic literature, music, encyclopedias, to movies, science knowledge, and the bible. I'm talking terabytes of information to be my unofficial library of the human condition. Even in the event of power failure, the information will still be there, to be retrieved later.

I went with a Lap top and a external hard drive, much more compact..

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links