Are you really going to be able to defend yourself if SHTF etc? - Page 9
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Are you really going to be able to defend yourself if SHTF etc?

This is a discussion on Are you really going to be able to defend yourself if SHTF etc? within the General Prepper and Survival Talk forums, part of the Survivalist, Prepper, Bushcrafter, Forest Rangers category; Originally Posted by rice paddy daddy If I never have to engage an enemy ever again, I will go to my grave a happy man. ...

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 106
Like Tree278Likes

Thread: Are you really going to be able to defend yourself if SHTF etc?

  1. #81
    Senior Member


    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    North Central Ohio
    Posts
    3,899
    Quote Originally Posted by rice paddy daddy View Post
    If I never have to engage an enemy ever again, I will go to my grave a happy man.
    At least I have the training and experience to know what to expect.
    Unfortunately, I will not have artillery and several score comrades to back me up.
    Yeah, . . . would be nice too if I could call up a little air support from the USS Coral Sea or the "Big E".

    A couple of Phantoms, . . . maybe a squad of Skyraiders, . . .

    "UH, . . . air-ops, . . . targets are on the roadway a half-klick south of the green smoke, . . . danger-close, . . . thanks for the support"

    May God bless,
    Dwight
    rice paddy daddy likes this.
    If you can breathe, . . . thank God.

    If you can read, . . . thank a teacher.

    If you are reading this in English, . . . thank a veteran.

    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

  2. #82
    Senior Member


    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Northwest Arkansas
    Posts
    2,012
    Ok. Let me try to nutshell this conversation, bigwheel.
    Some of us know there comes a time when you go "all in" even when your hand sucks because some chance beats hell out of no chance. Fate is a carpenter. Sometimes you're the hammer, sometimes you're the nail.
    Prepared One and inceptor like this.
    Just because I am peaceful does not mean I have forgotten how to be violent.
    If I am to die tonight I shall see that the night does not pass quietly.

    Hidden Content

    Hidden Content (Not a troll, a 12 Charlie)
    Hidden Content

  3. #83
    Senior Member


    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Middle Georgia
    Posts
    711
    Quote Originally Posted by Grinch2 View Post
    Because they can't justify putting a hole in someone for a can of green beans while their wife or whatever is starving, point blank prepper or not I am going to give my dying breath to make sure my fiance survives an apocalyptic situation. What I do believe is that the strongest will survive, that does not mean the most skilled or most well prepared, that means the person who is willing to do whatever it takes to make sure they and their group survives. From eating dogs, to dog food, to people...
    So your "plan" involves killing your neighbors for their can of green beans and possibly resorting to cannibalism in order to feed your "fiance". And those that actually try to prepare are mentally deficient and will be S.O.L. because they don't have what it takes to survive.

    Alrighty then.
    Last edited by Sonya; 10-27-2016 at 06:52 AM.
    inceptor likes this.

  4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements
     

  5. #84
    Banned


    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    None
    Posts
    4,010
    This thread is what gives Preppers a bad name.

    If attacked on our property we should defend. We have no right to hurt people who are not trying to hurt us and discussing exactly how you will kill and bury your neighbor is video game bravado and very stupid. Act like responsible adults when posting to threads like this one.
    Last edited by 8301; 10-27-2016 at 06:51 AM.

  6. #85
    Senior Member


    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    10,766
    Quote Originally Posted by Coastie dad View Post
    Ok. Let me try to nutshell this conversation, bigwheel.
    Some of us know there comes a time when you go "all in" even when your hand sucks because some chance beats hell out of no chance. Fate is a carpenter. Sometimes you're the hammer, sometimes you're the nail.
    Yep, that's it in a nutshell.
    inceptor likes this.
    " All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: Freedom, Justice, Honor, Duty, Mercy, Hope" .Hidden Content

  7. #86
    Senior Member


    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Wherever won't get me hit.
    Posts
    19,714
    Quote Originally Posted by John Galt View Post
    This thread is what gives Preppers a bad name.

    If attacked on our property we should defend. We have no right to hurt people who are not trying to hurt us and discussing exactly how you will kill and bury your neighbor is video game bravado and very stupid. Act like responsible adults when posting to threads like this one.
    BUT!....

    If you are going to kill and bury your neighbor please remember to keep a few Gen-U-Wine Slippy-Made Pikes on hand to raise the severed head of good old Joe the accountant down the street who refused to prepare and tried to steal your beans!

    Nothing says I'm a good neighbor like a Gen-U-Wine Slippy-Made Pike. So get yours now!

    (Terms and conditions apply)
    Sonya, Prepared One and dwight55 like this.

  8. #87
    Senior Member


    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Middle Georgia
    Posts
    711
    Quote Originally Posted by Slippy View Post
    BUT!....

    If you are going to kill and bury your neighbor please remember to keep a few Gen-U-Wine Slippy-Made Pikes on hand to raise the severed head of good old Joe the accountant down the street who refused to prepare and tried to steal your beans!

    Nothing says I'm a good neighbor like a Gen-U-Wine Slippy-Made Pike. So get yours now!

    (Terms and conditions apply)
    LOL. A severed head on a stick right above the "No Tresspassing" sign does send a strong message, and one I would consider except most of my neighbors are all extended family. Chances are it would be one of their family members which could lead to more trouble.

    Before someone suggests "making friends with them" uhhhh....no. I wouldn't recognize any if they came by, but they know who I am. They know me as that "crazy white woman" that called the Sheriff when they abandoned/abused a dog, and then had some 'words' with a male family member that lead to him being afraid to walk by my house.

    Come to think of it, a head on a pike might not surprise them all that much. Better to be seen as a psycho than a soft target. I need to buy a machete.
    Last edited by Sonya; 10-27-2016 at 07:16 AM.
    Targetshooter, Slippy and inceptor like this.

  9. #88
    Senior Member


    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Wherever won't get me hit.
    Posts
    19,714
    I'm glad you brought up family Sonya,

    Slippy Made Pikes is a family owned bidness that places a high priority on loved ones, near and far. That's why we suggest the DEE-LUX version of Gen-U-Wine Slippy-Made Pikes.

    Be it a family reunion, Christmas, Thanksgiving or some heathen-ass made up holiday like kwaanza or ramadam nothing says family is important like the DEE-LUX Pike. Made of solid stainless steel with the patented heat treated Slippy-Made process, you and your loved ones will enjoy the longevity of a quality Pike for years to come.

    AND its made in the good ole USA, which is a plus should some of your extended family be illegals or "what not" from some other ****-hole country south of here!

    Get yours now!

    (Terms and Conditions apply)



    Quote Originally Posted by Sonya View Post
    LOL. A severed head on a stick right above the "No Tresspassing" sign does send a strong message, and one I would consider except most of my neighbors are all extended family. Chances are it would be one of their family members which could lead to more trouble.

    Before someone suggests "making friends with them" uhhhh....no. I wouldn't recognize any if they came by, but they know who I am. They know me as that "crazy white woman" that called the Sheriff when they abandoned/abused a dog, and then had some 'words' with a male family member that lead to him being afraid to walk by my house.

    Come to think of it, a head on a pike might not surprise them all that much. Better to be seen as a psycho than a soft target. I need to buy a machete.
    6811, Sonya and Prepared One like this.

  10. #89
    Senior Member


    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    east coast
    Posts
    2,314
    Quote Originally Posted by Slippy View Post
    I'm glad you brought up family Sonya,

    Slippy Made Pikes is a family owned bidness that places a high priority on loved ones, near and far. That's why we suggest the DEE-LUX version of Gen-U-Wine Slippy-Made Pikes.

    Be it a family reunion, Christmas, Thanksgiving or some heathen-ass made up holiday like kwaanza or ramadam nothing says family is important like the DEE-LUX Pike. Made of solid stainless steel with the patented heat treated Slippy-Made process, you and your loved ones will enjoy the longevity of a quality Pike for years to come.

    AND its made in the good ole USA, which is a plus should some of your extended family be illegals or "what not" from some other ****-hole country south of here!

    Get yours now!

    (Terms and Conditions apply)
    You can have an arsenal with 1.5 billion rounds of ammo and 10,000 warehouses full of food and fuel. Without a gen-u-wine slippy pikes, you are not really prepared.
    Sonya and Slippy like this.

  11. #90
    Senior Member


    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Northwest Arkansas
    Posts
    2,012
    And the attractive packaging let's your friends and neighbors know that in the event a pike is needed, you have invested in quality, American made goods.
    Sonya, Slippy and rice paddy daddy like this.
    Just because I am peaceful does not mean I have forgotten how to be violent.
    If I am to die tonight I shall see that the night does not pass quietly.

    Hidden Content

    Hidden Content (Not a troll, a 12 Charlie)
    Hidden Content

 

 
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. How to fortify and defend when down hill?
    By riverside in forum General Prepper and Survival Talk
    Replies: 39
    Last Post: 02-05-2015, 09:52 PM
  2. To Those of You Who Defend the Police
    By sparkyprep in forum Political News and Topics
    Replies: 207
    Last Post: 07-09-2014, 11:47 AM
  3. Defend the border
    By bad in forum Political News and Topics
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 04-18-2014, 02:12 PM
  4. Best way to defend off Black Bears
    By Wizturd in forum Hunting and Trapping
    Replies: 51
    Last Post: 05-15-2013, 01:46 PM
  5. July4Patriot....Right to Defend....
    By ozo in forum Political News and Topics
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-13-2013, 09:25 PM
Back to Top