Are you really going to be able to defend yourself if SHTF etc? - Page 11
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Are you really going to be able to defend yourself if SHTF etc?

This is a discussion on Are you really going to be able to defend yourself if SHTF etc? within the General Prepper and Survival Talk forums, part of the Survivalist, Prepper, Bushcrafter, Forest Rangers category; Originally Posted by 6811 You can have an arsenal with 1.5 billion rounds of ammo Well I'm that far along anyway.....I haven't bought a gun ...

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11
Like Tree276Likes

Thread: Are you really going to be able to defend yourself if SHTF etc?

Quote Originally Posted by 6811 View Post
    You can have an arsenal with 1.5 billion rounds of ammo

Well I'm that far along anyway.....I haven't bought a gun and ammo since.... 9:12 AM this morning at Buds Gun shop.
    6811, Slippy and Maol9 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by jagular View Post
    I don't think anyone knows what will happen in an urban shtf. To simply label possibilities as BS is foolish. I also think you are underestimating people and their willingness to survive. Who's also to say that they would only hit a single house in a day? An organized group could easily hit an entire block in a day depending on their leadership and the level of resistance they encounter. If an aggressive group is successful in their endeavors early on then what incentive do they have to turn on each other? I think people are smart enough, in general, to understand they'll potentially do better together vs alone with the wife and children.
    He isn't talking about gangs, he is talking about every hungry person in a 3 block radius joining together to go house to house and look for preppers. He specifically says groups of 50 or more.

That simply won't happen. Sure gangs will exist, but they have some form of structure and TRUST which enable the participants to believe they will get a share if they contribute, they also limit the size of their group based on the spoils that can be divided up.

That is completely different than a "horde" of random hungry people joining together simply because they live in the same neighborhood and going out to loot/kill the "preppers" as a team which is exactly what he predicts will happen, since all the hungry people watched doomsday preppers so they know preppers have food.

They aren't going to organize on any type of mass scale. Some will start committing criminal acts right away simply to take advantage of wrol, others will start a couple of days later when the food runs out and and so on. It will be steady progression and the majority will worry about becoming the next victim.
    Last edited by Sonya; 10-27-2016 at 01:54 PM.
    Slippy and Maol9 like this.

Are you really going to be able to defend yourself if SHTF etc?

Quote Originally Posted by Sonya View Post
    He isn't talking about gangs, he is talking about every hungry person in a 3 block radius joining together to go house to house and look for preppers. He specifically says groups of 50 or more.

That simply won't happen. Sure gangs will exist, but they have some form of structure and TRUST which enable the participants to believe they will get a share if they contribute, they also limit the size of their group based on the spoils that can be divided up.

That is completely different than a "horde" of random hungry people joining together simply because they live in the same neighborhood and going out to loot/kill the "preppers" as a team which is exactly what he predicts will happen, since all the hungry people watched doomsday preppers so they know preppers have food.

They aren't going to organize on any type of mass scale. Some will start committing criminal acts right away simply to take advantage of wrol, others will start a couple of days later when the food runs out and and so on. It will be steady progression and the majority will worry about becoming the next victim.
    Yes, the video implies a "zombie horde" but he also discusses some level of organization. I took it as an organized group. The dynamics of such group can be left to the imagination (i.e. Gang, prepped group) but they all share the same goal...to survive off of others. Regardless, I'm not so absolute and it only takes one skilled person to organize a room full of strangers. Everyone who is unprepared will put their own self preservation and that of their family's above anyone else's in shtf. This is a powerful motivator. It will be a progression and the level of danger will increase with time.

It's an interesting "what if" and worth consideration for those with the best laden plans or for those who may not have considered it at all.
    Last edited by jagular; 10-27-2016 at 02:55 PM.
    Sonya likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by SGT E View Post
    Well I'm that far along anyway.....I haven't bought a gun and ammo since.... 9:12 AM this morning at Buds Gun shop.
    Nice..... What kind?
    A Watchman and Maol9 like this.

IF a group of urban dempcrats decide to do something so stupid as to attempt to organize and go house to house to steal food/supplies from others during a WROL situation the first thing you do is put a big ass round square in the forehead of the loudest person who is usually the HNIC. The rest will scatter like roaches. As they run, pick out a few that you think one day may attempt to assume the role of New HNIC and vertabrae shoot their asses as the flee.

Seriously, anyone tries this shit on me at Slippy Lodge, they are freakin idiots.

Yes, the video implies a "zombie horde" but he also discusses some level of organization. I took it as an organized group. The dynamics of such group can be left to the imagination (i.e. Gang, prepped group) but they all share the same goal...to survive off of others. Regardless, I'm not so absolute and it only takes one skilled person to organize a room full of strangers. Everyone who is unprepared will put their own self preservation and that of their family's above anyone else's in shtf. This is a powerful motivator. It will be a progression and the level of danger will increase with time.

It's an interesting "what if" and worth consideration for those with the best laden plans or for those who may not have considered it at all.

This guy has interesting thoughts on the topic. He was in the military and did Haiti earthquake relief, which got pretty dicey and mob violence broke out at times.

He also points out that the most deadly and efficient gangs could easily come from not only criminal organizations, but the police and even small groups of military that are no longer fortified. If they have existing structure and they are hungry they have the skill sets and associates to become very efficient at raiding places, they will use those talents to survive. Maybe folks should befriend non-prepper cops, better to hire them as mercenaries than be their victims.

Last edited by Sonya; 11-07-2016 at 06:25 AM.
    Targetshooter likes this.

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11

Sponsored Links