Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

Should Government Assistance Applicants Have to Pass a Drug Tests?

Should Government Assist People be subjected to drug tests?

1K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  gitnready4it 
#1 ·
Thought this was interesting. I know that (Florida or Georgia) one of the two had this a few months ago, or was going to implement it, and the report was that the Government Assistance dropped a huge amount. I forgot the number, but thought I would post a poll of what you think since its brought back up on cnn right now.

#2 ·
Re: Should Government Assist People be subjected to drug tes

Hell yes. Why support all these druggie drains on society with MY HARD EARNED TAX MONEY, wait...with MY EARNED TAX MONEY, my job isn't that hard...But still it's stupid to support the people who don't support this country.

#3 ·

I agree. If I was on assistance, the I wouldn't mind at all to submit a urine test, but if it came down to blood tests, I don't think an invasive test would be suitable, although I would go through it, I wouldn't like any blood drawn (Urine is ok). They would just need to get up to speed on drug tests at that point. Some people look at it though as their rights to not have it done, but imo my rights for assistance would be waived if I was getting assistance. Basically it boils down to where one person that does drugs makes it harder on people that don't do drugs and we all suffer.

#4 ·

I think they should drug test and not only the person that is signed up, but the family members too. So many times it is someone's granny that is receiving the assistance and she is supporting a slew of grandkids, nieces, nephews, etc, It is the offspring that is usually the gang bangers and drug dealers. I used to see this a lot when I was doing home health.

#7 ·

Do not even get me started on this subject. Grrrr.

What really gets me is the case where they were going into the stores, getting bottled water, going out side and pouring it out for the bottles to be recycled. They got busted, but I never found out what happened to them.

#8 ·

don't take me wrong though, I know plenty of people as well as family members that receive and they really need it. I would take a test if I needed it without fail.

#9 ·

If they don"t want to take the test there is probably a reason. I know a lot of people who go to the doctor and get the doctor to say they are bi-polar or have some other "medical" condition that keeps them from working. I think they should be re-tested yearly by a different doctor. This would cut down on many false or fraudulent claims. Also, and I'm not trying to be mean but being obese(unless there is a genuine medical cause) should not qualify someone for assistance! :x

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.