My Bug Out Bag - Page 2
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

My Bug Out Bag

This is a discussion on My Bug Out Bag within the General Prepper and Survival Talk forums, part of the Survivalist, Prepper, Bushcrafter, Forest Rangers category; Triangular? Well I have these normal rectangular bandages, I'm not sure what you mean...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: My Bug Out Bag

Triangular? Well I have these normal rectangular bandages, I'm not sure what you mean

Oh those! I have none so far

A triangular bandage is a piece of dense cotton or muslin that is cut to a triangular shape (half a square on the diagonal) with the sides from 36 to 48 inches long. It is folded into a small square and put into a ziplock bag for storage. Here are some pictures of different application:
    triangular bandage application - Bing Images

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

roy

Steal 'em from the medics.

I have one in my first aid kit, pretty compact all folded up. Lots of uses, my dad gave me this one.

Where we'll feed your trespassing ass to the gators.
    I think the triangle bandages are useful to have, but it's far from the only thing to have or most important. Wound care is the most likely need to me. Basic cuts that can get infected and need cleaning and closer. Punctures and cuts that can literally cause you to bleed and lose a lot of blood. If you break a bone it needs to set and splinted, and than look for further med care and supplies.

Amazon.com: Adventure Medical Kits Trauma Pack with QuikClot: Health & Personal Care

Amazon.com: BAZIC Super Glue, 3 grams 0.10 ounces, 6 Per Pack: Office Products

Fish Antibiotics, Bird Antibiotics - Amoxicillin, Penicillin, Metronidazole

roy

Rambo dew rag.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzee View Post
    I think the triangle bandages are useful to have, but it's far from the only thing to have or most important. Wound care is the most likely need to me. Basic cuts that can get infected and need cleaning and closer. Punctures and cuts that can literally cause you to bleed and lose a lot of blood. If you break a bone it needs to set and splinted, and than look for further med care and supplies.

Amazon.com: Adventure Medical Kits Trauma Pack with QuikClot: Health & Personal Care

Amazon.com: BAZIC Super Glue, 3 grams 0.10 ounces, 6 Per Pack: Office Products

Fish Antibiotics, Bird Antibiotics - Amoxicillin, Penicillin, Metronidazole

I agree but only to a point. The triangular bandage can be used to hold a "feminine" pad over a wound with enough pressure to slow or stop the bleeding. It can be used as a tourniquet, a restrictive bandage or to hold a splint in place. In my Big medical kit I have inflatable splints, along with a lot of gear that a medic or doctor could use better than I but in a small first aid kit that triangular bandage and some smaller stuff goes a long way to making it all work. You do need steri-strips or butterfly bandages, gauze, 2x2, 4x4 and 6x6 pads along with some smaller "bandaids" as well as tape, scissors, scalpel (or small very sharp knife), tweezers and curved needles and some 10 pound test monofilament line for stitches. Add to that some antibiotic ointment, topical analgesic, a fine scrub brush to clean wounds and some soap, and any meds that you need to keep yourself alive from day to day and you have a decent start (I am sure that I have left out some important pieces but I am working from memory).

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Sponsored Links