Christians: what's does Christ expect of us when the stuff hits the fan?
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

This is a discussion on Christians: what's does Christ expect of us when the stuff hits the fan? within the General Prepper and Survival Talk forums, part of the Survivalist, Prepper, Bushcrafter, Forest Rangers category; Matthew 10:42 And whosoever shall give to drink to one of these little ones a cup of cold water only in the name of a ...

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree120Likes

Thread: Christians: what's does Christ expect of us when the stuff hits the fan?

Super Moderator

Matthew 10:42 And whosoever shall give to drink to one of these little ones a cup of cold water only in the name of a disciple, amen I say to you, he shall not lose his reward.

Matthew 5:7 Blessed are the merciful, for they shall obtain mercy.

Matthew 25:40 And the King answering shall say to them, Verily, I say to you, Inasmuch as ye have done it to one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it to me.

So we're gonna have to share with the neighbors. What's your prepper take on this?
    8301, stowlin and charito like this.
    "Who is She that comes forth as the morning rising, fair as the moon, bright as the sun, terrible as a army set in battle array?"

In one way I agree , but if that person shows up with a gun in there hand , well that's a horse of a deferent color . I am going to protect mine and my wife's life .
    Annie and Maine-Marine like this.
    Hidden Content
    GOD Bless The South , The best things in life are Hidden Content ,Hidden Content ,Hidden Content , prayer , 2nd Amendment , my wife , not all in the order .

Super Moderator

I remember something about virgins and oil. I also remember something about being no better than the heathens if you don't prepare for your family.
    Maine-Marine likes this.
    "Reality is almost always wrong."
    Dr. Gregory House

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Depends. Lots of different possible serinos. Once you share, there will be no acceptance that you ran out. You will be attacked and over run. God also expects people to help themselves. Perhaps some will question the cincerety of my beliefs but I will not endanger my family by giving away sparse supplies or creating a reason to be attacked. Christianity is not a suicide pack. I feel it is reasonable to asses each unique situation and then decide what you can reasonably do or not do.
    m14nm likes this.
    Blessed be God, my rock who trains my hands for battle, my fingers for war. Psalms 144:1

Victory can depend on a dog or a goose---Napoleon

Quote Originally Posted by Annie View Post
    Matthew 10:42 And whosoever shall give to drink to one of these little ones a cup of cold water only in the name of a disciple, amen I say to you, he shall not lose his reward.

Matthew 25:40 And the King answering shall say to them, Verily, I say to you, Inasmuch as ye have done it to one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it to me.

So we're gonna have to share with the neighbors. What's your prepper take on this?

I'll let you filter thru the sheeple trash and see how you do sorting out your fellow believing Christians ....

I'm a firm believer in doing unto others how they do unto me ....
    Last edited by Illini Warrior; 09-20-2016 at 11:05 AM.
    Maol9, Linedog and Targetshooter like this.
    I llini WarriorHidden Content

I agree, but I am not totally for sure yet how I am going to deal with this subject. Historically it was the Church that assisted those in need before we became the welfare state that we are in now. In my nearby town/city, we have a lot of churches that provide some form of assistance like food or medical and a lot of churches that donate to INC (In the Name of Christ). It is a program that assists people short term with bills like utility's and other stuff etc. I am hoping that that their is still programs that are continuing after SHTF/WROL.

I will donate to those, if I can. If any refugees were to show up to my perimeter then I would tell them where to go for assistance and basically tell them were barely getting by ourselves and seek assistance there. So yeah, I'll be sinning by lying but it would be for protecting my family and I am sure God will forgive me.
    Slippy and Maol9 like this.
    A prudent man foresees evil and hides himself, But the simple pass on and are punished. Proverbs 22:3 NKJV

Jesus placed limits on feeding, because some were using him, and all they wanted was to eat, and had no intention of being Christian, or worthwhile. Here is some of what happened, keep in mind that they had tracked Him down, after He left secretly:

25When they found him on the other side of the lake, they asked him, “Rabbi, when did you get here?”
    26Jesus answered, “Very truly I tell you, you are looking for me, not because you saw the signs I performed but because you ate the loaves and had your fill. 27Do not work for food that spoils, but for food that endures to eternal life, which the Son of Man will give you. For on him God the Father has placed his seal of approval.”

This is where He famously said, you must eat of my flesh and drink of my blood; and scads of people stopped following Him. And He did not bother to explain Himself either, He let them go, because they were leeches. Everything has its limits, and it is OK to refuse to be a chump.
    http://biblehub.com/niv/john/6.htm

Last edited by MisterMills357; 09-20-2016 at 11:24 AM.
    Denton, Camel923, Slippy and 6 others like this.

This is one of the best posts I've seen here with a great question. I must ponder the answer as I'm not one to read scripture but who tries to live his life as God would suggest. I just wanted to say I found this a great post because I left survivalboards or whatever that was over the crass and despicable behavior of people who thought taking from others in SHTF was just going to be their way and tough if anyone thought that was wrong.

charito likes this.

Ought to be the same way you treat your fellow man today.
    stowlin and Denton like this.
    It's all true, give or take a lie or two.

1 Samuel

...[45] Then said David to the Philistine, Thou comest to me with a sword, and with a spear, and with a shield: but I come to thee in the name of the LORD of hosts, the God of the armies of Israel, whom thou hast defied.
    [46] This day will the LORD deliver thee into mine hand; and I will smite thee, and take thine head from thee; and I will give the carcases of the host of the Philistines this day unto the fowls of the air, and to the wild beasts of the earth; that all the earth may know that there is a God in Israel.
    [47] And all this assembly shall know that the LORD saveth not with sword and spear: for the battle is the LORD's, and he will give you into our hands.
    [48] And it came to pass, when the Philistine arose, and came and drew nigh to meet David, that David hasted, and ran toward the army to meet the Philistine.
    [49] And David put his hand in his bag, and took thence a stone, and slang it, and smote the Philistine in his forehead, that the stone sunk into his forehead; and he fell upon his face to the earth.
    [50] So David prevailed over the Philistine with a sling and with a stone, and smote the Philistine, and slew him; but there was no sword in the hand of David.

I, like David have no sword. For The Lord has provided me with an M4...
    rice paddy daddy, Maol9 and m14nm like this.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links