Oklahoma Devastated by Killer Tornadoes
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

This is a discussion on Oklahoma Devastated by Killer Tornadoes within the General Prepper and Survival Talk forums, part of the Survivalist, Prepper, Bushcrafter, Forest Rangers category; Potential EF4 tornado in Moore, Oklahoma - elementary school hit hard and neighborhoods buzz sawed off the map. Prayers to the victims and affected families. ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Oklahoma Devastated by Killer Tornadoes

Potential EF4 tornado in Moore, Oklahoma - elementary school hit hard and neighborhoods buzz sawed off the map.

Prayers to the victims and affected families.

This one is really bad - could be EF5 in areas. 12 minutes maximum warning before it hit.
    Some days, you should just stay home in bed....

Hidden Content

This one looks like it may be the worst on record, surpassing the 199 KC storms and even more devastating than Joplin a couple fo years ago.

We're under a watch until 10:00 PM with cloudy skies and increasing winds. Most of the bad weather appears to be near the OK/TX border, but there is a cell down not far from the communities that got hit last week Southwest of FT Worth.

Already reports of looting of the damaged homes and some damaged pharmacies damaged in Moore, OK......disgusting. Thankfully Im on the opposite (northern side) of OKC, but my wife's school was 4 miles north of the track of the tornado. Massive amounts of displaced people walking north on I-35 from Moore.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

State Medical Examiner reporting 37 confirmed deaths so far, including 7 children from the elementary school.

Looting of pharmacies was commonplace in Hurricane Sandy and got media coverage, so now all the hypes and tweakers look at the pharmacies first. Two legged rats come scurrying around fast and sun is setting - long night ahead.

One bit of small miracle news for dog lovers - a family just found their dog buried in the debris of their home.

Hidden Content

State ME now reporting 51 deaths. This one is a terrible disaster.

Hidden Content

I was fixing to add the same bit of news. I'm watching it as it unfolds on TWC, totally heartbreaking coverage. I can't even imagine how someone can cope through something like that? Total devastation, lives changed forever.

And yes, I'd be for caning those looters. Seriously? There's more important things they could be putting their energy into at this moment instead of worrying about getting their next fix. People piss me off..........
    inceptor likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Kidzthinkimahoarder View Post
    And yes, I'd be for caning those looters.
    And if they got shot in the process, it would clean up the gene pool a little.

Having a below-grade storm shelter separate and apart from your main residence seems to be the best way to survive such a powerful storm.

An in-home storm shelter is more convenient but you can get trapped by debris. A separate shelter, with at least two exits, seems to be the best protection. I am against bunkers with one way in and out, but a quality storm shelter with shielded entrances/exits when you live in "Tornado Alley" would be a life-saving investment.

Anything above ground needs to be able to withstand such high winds, it seems to me below-grade or underground shelters are the only way to go. I remember in Hurricane Andrew we had super tornadoes that had 320 mph winds - nothing left standing, and even the concrete slabs looked like they had been sandblasted.

I am rethinking our storm shelter plans right freaking now...!

Hidden Content

Wonder if they will report on how any of the real preppers fair during and after
    New life as a house husband, major shift in duties.

Karl Marx said, "Destroy their culture, rewrite their history. Ruin their art and literature, and defame their heroes, by offering fabrications to scandalize that which they considered good.
    After reading this Obama said I am on it.

I heard a report somewhere that the bedrock is so high in some areas out there that bunkers aren't always feasible. It was incredible to see arial images. You could see roads and driveways, but the houses were simply gone.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links