My current water prep is… What’s yours? - Page 3
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

My current water prep is… What’s yours?

This is a discussion on My current water prep is… What’s yours? within the General Prepper and Survival Talk forums, part of the Survivalist, Prepper, Bushcrafter, Forest Rangers category; I like your idea....

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: My current water prep is… What’s yours?

I like your idea.

Even though we live on water, we still have 20 cases of bottled water stored. In addition we can purify 170 gallons per day. More water than we'll ever need but it will be good for bartering and such.
    AntiObama likes this.

All our water comes from the ground here... Dugouts and wells. No need to find water just dig a hole anywhere and there you go. Needs some boiling but its been tested and were told its safe to drink. Right now we drink and cook with town water in 20 gallon jugs. But I cant think of any reason to store water in our area. It would have to be something pretty drastic to eliminate the ground water out here.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by AntiObama View Post
    In my basement I have three 55 gal water barrels “w/check valves” in line with my hot water tank inlet. Water flows through all three barrels before reaching my hot water tank. In the event the water goes out I will have the three barrels plus the 75 gals in the hot water tank. This equals 240 gallons. This project started as one 55 gal barrel filled with water. Call me a lazy prepper, but empting and refilling this barrel every three to six months wasn’t something I wanted to do. I have posted a diagram pic. I'm curious as to what everyone else is doing. I'm always open to a better way.

Attachment 1986
    I must be missing something in your design, most city water is between 50 to 70 PSI and I wouldn't think a 55 gal drum could hold up to that pressure.

I wondered the same thing. I've seen a guy try to pressurize a 55 drum of hydraulic oil to force it out a hose without having to do any work and it blew out a weak spot (or he really over pressurized it) on the top seam. Oil all over the place. At $6 a gallon, what a waste.

The idea sounds very interesting but the best plastic drum only stands up to maybe 5 PSI.
    rickkyw1720pf likes this.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Sponsored Links