What is your reason for wanting to survive? - Page 3

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

What is your reason for wanting to survive?

This is a discussion on What is your reason for wanting to survive? within the General Prepper and Survival Talk forums, part of the Survivalist, Prepper, Bushcrafter, Forest Rangers category; Now that I have a child of my own, I feel it's my duty as the provider/husband/father to do everything in my power to protect ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: What is your reason for wanting to survive?

Now that I have a child of my own, I feel it's my duty as the provider/husband/father to do everything in my power to protect my family.
    "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." - Jeremiah 29:11

Hidden Content - Adventures of a Bearded Dad!

Quote Originally Posted by Meangreen View Post
    Aholes like me don't come along every day; I need to stick around and had my own special sarcasm and dark humor to every event. As my mom says, "I'm special!"
    The next time I get to NM you and I have to spend an evening drinking beer and punching hippies! :D
    Meangreen likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Inor View Post
    The next time I get to NM you and I have to spend an evening drinking beer and punching hippies! :D
    Absolutely! If you ever make your way down here, you and your better half always have a place to stay! I’m always up for a beer or two but we better not punch the hippies, they bruise easy.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Why do I prep? That is a question I had not really thought about until I saw this thread. I knew I needed to prep but never really thought about why I need to do it. I am mew to preppeing. I discovered I have several reasons.
    #1) My wife. She is a fighter, she has had 11 back surgeries. The last 2 were 10 hour surgeries 7 days apart. She had lost 7 inches im height from Oct to June. The doctors were amazed she was able to get around as well as she did. Then she was up and walking 1 day after the second surgery.
    #2 My 3 daughters that live at home they are 11, 12, and 14. Two oldest will have a hard time but the youngest loves fishing she goes at least once a week in the canals near our house. She also wants to go hunting when she turns 12 she and I are taking a hinter safety class, then I will have to figure out where to take her hunting probably for squirrel or rabbit.
    #3) I also have a 24 year old daughter who is married and has a 14 month old son. I want to see my grandson grow up so I need to be ready for what ever happens to protect them all.

Sorry for the long post.

To protect and provide for my wife and two boys,what else?I'm nobody without them,even though I have my days that I need to let them know that.

Yeah, I can't imagine life without my wife. Her family is pretty cool too so it's my responsibility to care for them all. They don't think like me but they are aware of what I am doing. They also know to beat feet over here if it gets ugly.
    Tundra Dweller likes this.

So I can die and go to heaven!

Quote Originally Posted by Moonshinedave View Post
    I guess my goals aren't near as noble. I figure I was put onto this earth, and I'll struggle to stay here and on this side of the daisies as long as I possible can. If that just dealing with modern life, or if the SHTF, I'll plug along till the good Lord takes me. If someone decides to hurry my exit, I plan on making it very costly on whomever.
    This pretty much sums it up for me as well.

What do you expect after the crisis is over? Do you think that the country will just naturally turn back to the type of government that you enjoy or is it not an interest that you have?

My feeling is that after the crisis we will have to rebuild the republic to get rid of the abuses of government and return to a free society.

Quote Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
    What do you expect after the crisis is over? Do you think that the country will just naturally turn back to the type of government that you enjoy or is it not an interest that you have?

My feeling is that after the crisis we will have to rebuild the republic to get rid of the abuses of government and return to a free society.
    I hope that is what happens. But the way society is today, you just don't know how will have power.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Sponsored Links