What would you do if you were stuck in a city when an EMP hits? - Page 4
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

What would you do if you were stuck in a city when an EMP hits?

This is a discussion on What would you do if you were stuck in a city when an EMP hits? within the General Prepper and Survival Talk forums, part of the Survivalist, Prepper, Bushcrafter, Forest Rangers category; Actually, young one, life is not a Disney story. You need to accept that loss or sacrifices will most likely occur. Accept it soon. Once ...

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
Like Tree101Likes

Thread: What would you do if you were stuck in a city when an EMP hits?

Actually, young one, life is not a Disney story. You need to accept that loss or sacrifices will most likely occur. Accept it soon.
    Once you come to terms with the idea, it will change the way you think on your prepping. The wife and I agreed that if our adult offspring are not willing to abide by the rules of our farm, and of people with more experience, they are encouraged to leave our grandchildren with us, and go on their merry way.
    You can't save those not willing to be saved, and you can't always save those who want it, either.

So, while some answers may sound harsh, there are some harsh possibilities. Most everyone here would see you receive all the knowledge you need for the preservation of you and your loved ones.

Well.... maybe not the 'squatch.... decomposing corpses may equal a free meal to him....
    acidMia likes this.
    Just because I am peaceful does not mean I have forgotten how to be violent.
    If I am to die tonight I shall see that the night does not pass quietly.

Hidden Content

Hidden Content (Not a troll, a 12 Charlie)
    Hidden Content

if your family is unprepared and not on board..... you can only carry them so far... I have 3 kids .. 2 under 4.. I will go to the ends of the earth for them. I am not saying leave your family.. I am saying set low expectations for survival if you are supporting them all in your current situation.. get a subscription to The Backwoodsman Magazine.. save all your copies. eventually your parents may ask what it is.. and there is your in.. otherwise, figure out how to turn the power off to the whole house... and then after they finish panicking, ask them what would y'all do if it was for a week...
    -IN OMNIA PARATUS

realize the situation.. you are already ahead of the curve.. the rest of your family is not. if they don't/won't get on board.. you have a tough row to hoe..
    -IN OMNIA PARATUS

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

first response from most people here when asked how to survive in a city after a major event.. step 1.. move ahead of time! solves steps 3-5. step 6. beans, bullets, band-aids...
    -IN OMNIA PARATUS

So my, and my family, possibility of survival is that low as it stands... That's hard to swallow, but I suppose the whole point of prepping is to rise my chances as high as I can.

Thank all of you for your advise.
    Last edited by AlmostHuman; 09-06-2016 at 05:15 PM.

it's a matter of competition... limited resources in the city and x amount of consumers for said resources. you neighbors have families too.. their kids start dying of dehydration and they do whatever it takes to prevent that.. my closest town has 1500 people and it is 30 min drive away... other towns in the area have 100 people or less... how many people live in your city? subtract the preppers bugging out right away.. and that is who is left to compete for what is left in the city without power or water.
    -IN OMNIA PARATUS

Quote Originally Posted by ND_ponyexpress_ View Post
    get a subscription to The Backwoodsman Magazine.. save all your copies. eventually your parents may ask what it is.. and there is your in.. otherwise, figure out how to turn the power off to the whole house... and then after they finish panicking, ask them what would y'all do if it was for a week...
    Just an FYI when it comes to magazines in the mail. I used to have a subscription to American Survival Guide in my earlier years (90's) then they went out of business. Low and behold what did I see at Walmart a while back? So I subscribed $29.99 later I get an issue in the mail. It was good just like the early issues, but the envelope that it came in was clear plastic. Now my mailman know what I have subscribed to. If your interested buy it at the store. Remember COMSEC.

Second part of the quote, great suggestion. If flipping the breaker off on the outside of the house wont get your butt kicked buy your dad. Do it. It would be a great training tool, but don't sit on it to long. Defiantly do tell before they call the power company. Anyways have your ducks in a row and tell them why you did the training exorcise and have back- up documentation like the FEMA hand outs. I wouldn't necessary come right out with "what if an EMP hits", start out with local emergencies.
    A prudent man foresees evil and hides himself, But the simple pass on and are punished. Proverbs 22:3 NKJV

your mailman likely knows that and more... he may not read between the lines on backwoodsman, but things like gourneys, cheaper than dirt, sportsman's guide, CHKadels, natchez, NRA anything.. they already know.
    -IN OMNIA PARATUS

Before you worry about EMP. Prepare for local emergencies. Here are some threads that may help you out.

https://www.prepperforums.net/forum/g...w-prepper.html

https://www.prepperforums.net/forum/g...ental-kit.html

https://www.prepperforums.net/forum/f...kpile-why.html

If you have an unlimited amout of internet that you can use. Then check out YouTube. There are a lot of prepper channels and Survival channels.
    AlmostHuman likes this.
    A prudent man foresees evil and hides himself, But the simple pass on and are punished. Proverbs 22:3 NKJV

Quote Originally Posted by AlmostHuman View Post
    So my, and my family, possibility of survival is that low as it stands... That's hard to swallow, but I suppose the whole point of prepping is to rise my chances as high as I can.

Thank all of you for your advise.
    Overwhelming at first, but you'll have guidance if you hang with us. It will become clearer and easier.
    Just because I am peaceful does not mean I have forgotten how to be violent.
    If I am to die tonight I shall see that the night does not pass quietly.

Hidden Content

Hidden Content (Not a troll, a 12 Charlie)
    Hidden Content

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links