What would you do if you were stuck in a city when an EMP hits? - Page 3
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

What would you do if you were stuck in a city when an EMP hits?

This is a discussion on What would you do if you were stuck in a city when an EMP hits? within the General Prepper and Survival Talk forums, part of the Survivalist, Prepper, Bushcrafter, Forest Rangers category; Your dad is a marine? You have camped? Aha! Join a good scout troop! The Boy Scout motto is "Be prepared". That will break the ...

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 81
Like Tree101Likes

Thread: What would you do if you were stuck in a city when an EMP hits?

  1. #21
    Senior Member


    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    1,301
    Your dad is a marine? You have camped? Aha! Join a good scout troop! The Boy Scout motto is "Be prepared". That will break the prepping ice with your family, get you in good shape and hopefully get your family involved.
    Also, welcome to prepper forums.
    AlmostHuman likes this.

  2. #22
    Senior Member


    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    North Dakota
    Posts
    1,737
    I understand completely... I wouldn't abandon mine either. but then again.. I don't live in a city. I am prepped.. and I am the head of the house. you want an honest answer of your survival probability in an EMP... you will survive until your preps run out or someone tries to take them... same as the rest of us.. it is just that many of us 1.have more preps. 2.don't live in a city and thus have less people to defend them from. 3 are better able/equipped to defend said preps...
    -IN OMNIA PARATUS

  3. #23
    Senior Member


    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Wherever won't get me hit.
    Posts
    20,651
    Quote Originally Posted by AlmostHuman View Post
    You are kidding, right? Even if it means dying of dehydration or worse I wouldn't abandon them. I mean what kind of sick bastard wouldn't do everything in their power to keep their family alive and well?
    Watch your language and your tone, boy. Where I come from youngsters are seen and not heard.

    We want young people thinking before they respond. There may come a time and a place that leaving your family to get help may end up saving all of your lives. Think!
    Last edited by Slippy; 09-06-2016 at 03:47 PM.
    wnlee04 likes this.

  4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements
     

  5. #24
    Senior Member


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    The Dark Corner
    Posts
    4,078
    The ready.gov, red cross and fema sites might even mail booklets to you free. I'm not at a computer now so not sure. Check it out yourself.
    AlmostHuman likes this.
    And he will be a wild man; his hand will be against every man, and every man's hand against him;... Genesis 16:12

  6. #25
    Member


    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    34
    Quote Originally Posted by Slippy View Post
    Watch your language and your tone, boy. Where I come from youngsters are seen and not heard.

    We want young people thinking before they respond. There may come a time and a place that leaving your family to get help may end up saving all of your lives. Think!
    That's not what he was saying, and you know that so don't pretend otherwise.

    However, I'll try to refrain from cursing. Even when outrageous things are said.
    SGG, Slippy and stevekozak like this.

  7. #26
    Member


    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    34
    Quote Originally Posted by ND_ponyexpress_ View Post
    I understand completely... I wouldn't abandon mine either. but then again.. I don't live in a city. I am prepped.. and I am the head of the house. you want an honest answer of your survival probability in an EMP... you will survive until your preps run out or someone tries to take them... same as the rest of us.. it is just that many of us 1.have more preps. 2.don't live in a city and thus have less people to defend them from. 3 are better able/equipped to defend said preps...
    Must be nice being so prepared. I still got a long ways to go before I am at that level, but I decided to start working towards it. In the mean time though I would like to know some ways to make do in my current circumstances. So I am asking you all for advice.

  8. #27
    Member


    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    34
    Quote Originally Posted by Boss Dog View Post
    The ready.gov, red cross and fema sites might even mail booklets to you free. I'm not at a computer now so not sure. Check it out yourself.
    Thanks, I'll look into it.

  9. #28
    Senior Member


    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Wherever won't get me hit.
    Posts
    20,651
    Quote Originally Posted by AlmostHuman View Post
    That's not what he was saying, and you know that so don't pretend otherwise.

    However, I'll try to refrain from cursing. Even when outrageous things are said.
    Ha! I stopped playing "pretend" a long time ago. Although I do sometimes fantasize that all people under 18 years old had their mouths stitched closed.

    But thanks for refraining from using bad language. Carry on...

  10. #29
    Member


    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    34
    Quote Originally Posted by Slippy View Post
    Ha! I stopped playing "pretend" a long time ago. Although I do sometimes fantasize that all people under 18 years old had their mouths stitched closed.

    But thanks for refraining from using bad language. Carry on...
    So you weren't playing pretend after all... That's kinda sad.

  11. #30
    Senior Member


    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    SE Wisconsin
    Posts
    21,526
    Heading home ,out of the city any way I can . But heading home

    EMP is low on the things you really need to worry about, very low.
    New life as a house husband, major shift in duties.

    Karl Marx said, "Destroy their culture, rewrite their history. Ruin their art and literature, and defame their heroes, by offering fabrications to scandalize that which they considered good.
    After reading this Obama said I am on it.

 

 
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Getting a Tractor Stuck
    By Slippy in forum DIY
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 11-07-2015, 08:38 AM
  2. US airstrike hits hospital
    By RNprepper in forum News & Links
    Replies: 58
    Last Post: 10-08-2015, 06:20 PM
  3. Stuck please help
    By a father in forum Strictly Bug Out Bags
    Replies: 55
    Last Post: 10-20-2014, 01:18 PM
  4. Stuck case in reloading die
    By AquaHull in forum General Talk
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 10-24-2013, 08:29 PM
  5. guy stuck in georgia for now.
    By crazyeagle in forum New Member Introductions
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 07-17-2013, 10:40 PM
Back to Top