What would you do if you were stuck in a city when an EMP hits? - Page 2
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

What would you do if you were stuck in a city when an EMP hits?

This is a discussion on What would you do if you were stuck in a city when an EMP hits? within the General Prepper and Survival Talk forums, part of the Survivalist, Prepper, Bushcrafter, Forest Rangers category; Originally Posted by Coastie dad Do any of us truly exist? Or are we just figments of each other's collective imagination? I exist! And therefore ...

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Like Tree101Likes

Thread: What would you do if you were stuck in a city when an EMP hits?

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Coastie dad View Post
    Do any of us truly exist? Or are we just figments of each other's collective imagination?
    I exist! And therefore I am.

Sent from a Galaxy S5 far far away.
    First you have to give up. First you have to know, not fear, know that someday you're going to die.

Quote Originally Posted by Sasquatch View Post
    I exist! And therefore I am.

You am what?
    Strive to Survive and Thrive
    Hidden Content

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by preponadime View Post
    You am what?
    I yam what I yam.

preponadime likes this.
    First you have to give up. First you have to know, not fear, know that someday you're going to die.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Box of frogs View Post
    Almosthuman -
    Now you may think ol slippy messing with you and giving you grief with his reply.
    What it is actually is a nice cool drink of bitter reality - If you have no supplies, no skills, and no self protection, guess what? You will end up someones bitch. So will mom sis and lil bro. If you don't want that to happen take action now.
    Given your age you're probably still in school, have no job for money, and can't purchase a fire arm legally. These are big disadvantages for you but not the end of the world. YOU can still build a skill set. You tube is full of great how to videos on survival and survival skills. Get busy right now, I mean today learning to build fire, shelter, navigate by stars or fixed landmarks, harvest wild edibles, etc. The list is endless and its free.
    Next is to start talking to mom or whoever does the shopping about buying some extras each trip to the store. Lay in extra dry goods such as beans, rice, pasta, powdered milk, flour, corn meal. These items are cheap and easily stored and will keep you butt alive if SHTF.
    If the whole family is on board it will be easier, if not then you have your work cut out for you. Either way congratulations it seems that the scales have been removed from your eyes and your seeing the world for what it really is and not what TPTB want you to think it is.
    "You will end up someones bitch. So will mom sis and lil bro."
    That's why I want to get prepared. I've been watching riot videos a lot from natural disasters and that just make me wonder how bad it would get if there is no one to keep order, and if things aren't solved soon.

My dad does own a firearm, and I practiced with it some while camping though I am not the best shot, and I lack practice. My dad was in the marines and had some training, but he isn't in good shape anymore. He have some permanent injures with the nerves in his arms and something is wrong with his back.

I haven't talked to my family about prepping yet, but I suppose I should.
    Slippy and acidMia like this.

Much depends on how responsive your family is to prepping. I'm on my phone and can't post links. Go to ready.gov and the Red Cross sights and read about the bare minimum in prepping. Maybe leave the page open on the family computer, accidently on purpose, so others can read it and maybe become interested. Anyway, it's a way to get a conversation started.
    AlmostHuman, Sasquatch and acidMia like this.

I will speak for me...

I would guess I am in Pittsburgh for some stupid reason (dropping off stinking dead fish, I mean relative at air port) - 102 miles from my house.

#1. get anything from vehicle that I did not want to loss. #1a- chamber a round and check safety
    #2. walk to nearest store and trade/barter/buy some water and energy bars - I carry cash and some silver with me always.
    #3 start walking until I can maybe barter for a bicycle

get home
    Be a Berean

must first ask yourself if you are willing to leave your family and go it alone.. if that is out of the question and they aren't on board or prepped.. you will all only last as long as you have water.. or as long as somebody who is out of water wants yours.. Godspeed my young apprentice!
    -IN OMNIA PARATUS

Retired Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Box of frogs View Post
    Almosthuman -
    Now you may think ol slippy messing with you and giving you grief with his reply.
    What it is actually is a nice cool drink of bitter reality - If you have no supplies, no skills, and no self protection, guess what? You will end up someones bitch. So will mom sis and lil bro. If you don't want that to happen take action now.
    Given your age you're probably still in school, have no job for money, and can't purchase a fire arm legally. These are big disadvantages for you but not the end of the world. YOU can still build a skill set. You tube is full of great how to videos on survival and survival skills. Get busy right now, I mean today learning to build fire, shelter, navigate by stars or fixed landmarks, harvest wild edibles, etc. The list is endless and its free.
    Next is to start talking to mom or whoever does the shopping about buying some extras each trip to the store. Lay in extra dry goods such as beans, rice, pasta, powdered milk, flour, corn meal. These items are cheap and easily stored and will keep you butt alive if SHTF.
    If the whole family is on board it will be easier, if not then you have your work cut out for you. Either way congratulations it seems that the scales have been removed from your eyes and your seeing the world for what it really is and not what TPTB want you to think it is.
    In addition to the above you could print the information below and tell your Mom and Dad that the government suggests you keep extra food and water.
    http://www.fema.gov/pdf/library/f%26web.pdf

No, I don't like FEMA but the average person will do what the government suggests and it might make it easier for Almost Human to talk to them without them thinking he is wearing a tin foil hat.
    AlmostHuman and acidMia like this.
    Hidden Content
    Remain calm, All is well

Quote Originally Posted by Auntie View Post
    In addition to the above you could print the information below and tell your Mom and Dad that the government suggests you keep extra food and water.
    http://www.fema.gov/pdf/library/f%26web.pdf

No, I don't like FEMA but the average person will do what the government suggests and it might make it easier for Almost Human to talk to them without them thinking he is wearing a tin foil hat.
    Oh, thank you. I didn't know about this. I don't know if it would convince them, but it would certainly give me an excuse to talk to them about it.

Quote Originally Posted by ND_ponyexpress_ View Post
    must first ask yourself if you are willing to leave your family and go it alone.. if that is out of the question and they aren't on board or prepped.. you will all only last as long as you have water.. or as long as somebody who is out of water wants yours.. Godspeed my young apprentice!
    You are kidding, right? Even if it means dying of dehydration or worse I wouldn't abandon them. I mean what kind of sick bastard wouldn't do everything in their power to keep their family alive and well?
    Slippy, inceptor and acidMia like this.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links