Moleskin - Don't Take a Long Hike Without It!
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

This is a discussion on Moleskin - Don't Take a Long Hike Without It! within the General Prepper and Survival Talk forums, part of the Survivalist, Prepper, Bushcrafter, Forest Rangers category; I like to hike in the forests with my Lab (he loves it) and also hunt with him on occasions, as well as go fishing ...

Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By Verteidiger
  • 1 Post By PaulS
  • 1 Post By Smitty901

Thread: Moleskin - Don't Take a Long Hike Without It!

I like to hike in the forests with my Lab (he loves it) and also hunt with him on occasions, as well as go fishing and camping in primitive areas, requiring you to hike in packing your gear to setup or camp out. A short stroll is literally a walk in the park, but for longer treks, you can begin to develop blisters or skin inflammations, friction rubs, irritate calluses, or even break through skin and start abrasions that bleed.

One item that, to me at least, is indispensable in one's backpack or gear bag when going anywhere on foot that requires a long hike, is to take along some moleskin.

Not everyone has heard of this stuff, and it can really help if you have to hoof it. The sheeple have no idea such items even exist, but that is why they have e-gizmos to play with to keep their minds occupied rather than learn how to leave an area on foot if the mommie van stops running, or the subway is shut down....

Here is a picture if you have never seen moleskin (it's okay - not a commonly used item, especially in a nation gone soft from watching their "magic lanterns"):

[IMG][/IMG]

Moleskin basically acts as a buffer or fabric barrier between your skin and your shoes, so the rub or pinch points stop aggravating your condition any further. They can literally be a lifesaver if you are miles from your vehicle or base camp, or home, as the case may be. Not very expensive, but its worth its weight in gold....

I recommend you purchase this on your next trip to the store - outdoors and sporting goods stores usually sell it - and add it to your BOB - ah, all better now...!
    GTGallop and Mr B like this.

It should at least be in everyones firstaid kit.

Verteidiger likes this.

Few times it came in handy.
    Well fitting foot wear is a must on long walks a thin pair of dress socks then your cotton ones over them will help.
    Verteidiger likes this.
    New life as a house husband, major shift in duties.

Karl Marx said, "Destroy their culture, rewrite their history. Ruin their art and literature, and defame their heroes, by offering fabrications to scandalize that which they considered good.
    After reading this Obama said I am on it.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

If you forget the moleskin,duct tape will at least work too,everybody seems to have a small amount and its better than nothing.we keep moleskin in all our e-packs,even in our vehicles e-packs.

At less than $5 for a kit it's the cheapest insurance you can get for your feet.

It is an important consideration but so is extra socks. You can go without underwear or even an extra shirt but a good hat, balaclava for winter and extra socks are some of the most important items to have.

Sponsored Links