Before & After - Where do you think you would fair better?
The more I read these forums the more I learn, and the more I learn, the less I know.
I find I am a generalist, which is specifically useful or useless in nearly every situation. But at the same time I am specialized by my priorities in regards to my prepping, skill sets, and mentality.
Knowing that less than 6.5% percent of Americans supposedly have even basic survival skills is something I could believe. But realistically what we are prepping for isn't the other 93.5%, we are prepping to survive or co-exist with whatever x% of us is left when the dust settles.
Prepping feels a lot like playing the lottery to see how things will go wrong and hoping your preps are generalized or specialized enough based on thousands of multiplied unknown variables to give you an advantage.
I come on these forums and it is easy to feel out gunned, out prepped, and out skilled. It is like a fat chick staring at Victoria secret models all day, not noticing most of the women around her are even fatter.
Btw: 68.8% of adults are overweight or obese; 35.7% are obese in the US.
I could afford a nice fire arm, but I know I can't find ammo for it. So instead of being the fat chick that eats more junk food in front of the tv hating herself, I adapt, my one advantage. I learn how to weaponize common house hold materials of little value, spend time reading medical books and picking up skills just to make sure I am more useful to someone alive than dead in comparison to the value of the crap I carry in my b.o.b.
I don't care if you are terminator cross breed with rambo, no matter how good you are, without the advantage of numbers you are royally f'ed, unless you are so good at being invisible and leaving no trace that you are undetectable, I can't say I know anyone even all the guys who have been specially deployed that wouldn't eventually be flushed out, after years of living in substandard conditions, even day to day we slip.
I ask this cause I looked at Kiva the other day and people loan money to people who are poverty stricken, but in their photos they have more shit than I do! The only difference we have over most is clean water frankly, and with drought conditions increasing in the US that is becoming more and more of a rarity.
Our food is filled with additives and chemical shit, which makes our bodies rot from the inside out, if everyone actually ate healthy food there wouldn't be enough to go around, we would have people like those feed the children commercials instead of fat people. I mean we eat the same hormones and crap used to fatten cows and pigs. Yet we are just as unhealthy and malnourished as the rest of the world, but mass society is fooled that it is better off.
But you can see it in our rise of cancer, violence, mental issues, and over medication which exacerbates the issues.
Quality health itself is only available for those who can afford it honestly.
I don't wish for one second that STHF, but I wonder if some of us were better suited for a life dramatic course correction or reset. End game and honestly so much of it is out of our control, but I can't help but think, how well will I actually do? How well will any of us do? Who feels that they will do better after than they are right now?