THE MOST IMPORTANT PREP...... WATER
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

This is a discussion on THE MOST IMPORTANT PREP...... WATER within the General Prepper and Survival Talk forums, part of the Survivalist, Prepper, Bushcrafter, Forest Rangers category; we need several ideas for water, buying bottled water is ok but it takes alot of space and it can become contaminated, nothing can be ...

we need several ideas for water, buying bottled water is ok but it takes alot of space and it can become contaminated, nothing can be 100% sterilized not even bottles water. i recommend asking for food grade containers at restaurants and bakeries, they usually give them away, clean them store the lids inside in a box so you don't damage the rubber seal and you can just stack the buckets on top of each other and put a bag over them to keep clean. in a emercency you can fill them with a garden hose or under the foset in the bath tub. In a no time you can have hundreds of gallons of water, you can sanitize it later. watch my video and come up with ideas I missed, this may be the most important thing of all after 3 days your history

Re: THE MOST IMPORTANT PREP...... WATER

Very good ideas. I am trying to learn how to use a witchin stick where you walk with a Y shaped birch tree limb and the limb points down where there is water. At first I didn't think this was true, until I saw someone do it. Also, I have tons of those little auqa purification tablets on hand just in case. I never thought about using food grade or asking for food grade buckets. Great idea! My wife is going to kill me now when were eating out! lol

I think it is called a douser stick, but I don't see how it would work . Personally I think i have a better idea if your out in a rural area. I would trap an animal in an area, trap it and feed it some sort of salty food, then after a day free it, I can almost guarantee after a long hot day of salty dehydration it will run towards the nearest water supply it knows about any you just follow the tracks. cleaning and purifying the water is the easy part, finding it is the hard part. just a thought lol

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

I also recommend a large size water filter system such as the Berky. Then ponds, rivers and lakes become usable. If you have a well, be sure you can pump water if the grid goes down using batteries and a large inverter or a generator.

southernprepper1 has a video where he has a solar pump on his well....seems like money very well spent if you ask me!
    Any reason is the perfect reason to prepare.

I has a youtube! Check me out!
    http://www.youtube.com/user/acidlittle

Sponsored Links