What Would You Buy If Money Was No Object?
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

This is a discussion on What Would You Buy If Money Was No Object? within the General Prepper and Survival Talk forums, part of the Survivalist, Prepper, Bushcrafter, Forest Rangers category; As preppers, there can never be enough of everything and there will always be things that get left out due to money being an issue. ...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: What Would You Buy If Money Was No Object?

As preppers, there can never be enough of everything and there will always be things that get left out due to money being an issue. So my question to all preppers, if money was no object, what insane things or highly desired but ultra expensive items would you buy?

A new set of political leaders.

A yacht large enough to sustain about 12 of us for up to several years at sea with sails for cruising and a fast enough diesel to out run others,utilizing both wind and solar supplimented alternative power sources,well armed and armored,seawater desalinization equipment,not to mention the radio,radar and navigational equipment,room for plenty of storage/stock and comfort.If this was an actual possibility,i'd already be on it and out to sea with a fishing pole in one hand and a beer in the other.But more realistic,it would be a custom underground well equipped bunker on my current property.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by grinder37 View Post
    A yacht large enough to sustain about 12 of us for up to several years at sea with sails for cruising and a fast enough diesel to out run others,utilizing both wind and solar supplimented alternative power sources,well armed and armored,seawater desalinization equipment,not to mention the radio,radar and navigational equipment,room for plenty of storage/stock and comfort.If this was an actual possibility,i'd already be on it and out to sea with a fishing pole in one hand and a beer in the other.But more realistic,it would be a custom underground well equipped bunker on my current property.
    That would be one heck of a kitted out yacht. I would personally like my bug out location to look something like this.

Safe House: The Brilliant 'Transformer' House That Can Become a Fort

What Would You Buy If Money Was No Object?-house-fort.jpg What Would You Buy If Money Was No Object?-house-opening.jpg What Would You Buy If Money Was No Object?-house-exterior.jpg
    What Would You Buy If Money Was No Object?-amazing-transformer-house.jpg What Would You Buy If Money Was No Object?-transformer-house.jpg
    Last edited by Mesozoic Survivalist; 03-29-2013 at 08:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mesozoic Survivalist View Post
    That would be one heck of a kitted out yacht. I would personally like my bug out location to look something like this.

Safe House: The Brilliant 'Transformer' House That Can Become a Fort

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	house-fort.jpg 
Views:	450 
Size:	165.5 KB 
ID:	1778Click image for larger version. 

Name:	house-opening.jpg 
Views:	727 
Size:	142.9 KB 
ID:	1779Click image for larger version. 

Name:	house-exterior.jpg 
Views:	399 
Size:	211.4 KB 
ID:	1780Click image for larger version. 

Name:	amazing-transformer-house.jpg 
Views:	463 
Size:	136.2 KB 
ID:	1781
    Well,you did ask "if money was no object",lol.

I've seen and read up on that house before.No doubt it is a stand alone fortress and I do love how it can look like a concrete mansion yet close up in a couple minutes should the need occur.Total badass for the wealthy man.

My own island.
    Piratesailor likes this.
    I don't trust a government that doesn't trust me with a gun.

Where we'll feed your trespassing ass to the gators.
    Damn, beat me to it. An island for sure. Not a little tiny island with just enough room for a house and boat dock, but for a few houses, buildings, planting fields, good fresh water source and hunting grounds, not too far, but far enough from a good mainland (larger islands) with fair political outlook of the world, moral value, economic standing and lack of respect for the American government and sticking their fat noses in things.

What Would You Buy If Money Was No Object?-caribbean-islands.jpg
    What Would You Buy If Money Was No Object?-1318248183m24tk7.jpg
    I'd have a staff of young hotties working and guarding the place. My family would be allowed to visit but not stay long term. Visit and go home, because they get on my nerves as is. It would be a self sustaining island, stocked with weapons and able to defend itself against pirates and other asshats looking to cause trouble. Signs would be posted all over to be seen from the water that visitors were strictly prohibited and will be fired upon if they try. Communications for emergencies would be posted also on a standard frequency.
    JPARIZ likes this.

I would buy 1000 acres, build a large fortress, stock it to the gills. Guns, ammo, food, water, vehicles and alternative energy sources. Gas and diesel. Horses, cattle, sheep. Build a farming area. Oh, also a golf course. Who says the end of the world can't be a little fun. I
    The best that we can hope for concerning the people at large is that they be properly armed. - Alexander Hamilton

Those silo' condominiums look kind of cool.

Money unfortunately is an object though. BTW a 1000 acres isn't that hard to come by in some places.
    My brother and I were looking at that Northern Mexico property on ebay for 249,000 - 2500 acres and they
    had a spread that was even more in terms of acreage. I mean at the EOTWAWKI you can pretty much assume
    anyone tresspassing is a drug dealer right - if you buy there now you can start early

Quote Originally Posted by Ripon View Post
    Those silo' condominiums look kind of cool.

Money unfortunately is an object though. BTW a 1000 acres isn't that hard to come by in some places.
    My brother and I were looking at that Northern Mexico property on ebay for 249,000 - 2500 acres and they
    had a spread that was even more in terms of acreage. I mean at the EOTWAWKI you can pretty much assume
    anyone tresspassing is a drug dealer right - if you buy there now you can start early
    With the risk of sounding like a hippie, it could be done if people combined resources & built their own town. A gated community of sorts. Once incorporated there could be city laws that restrict leaders & levy heavy penalties on corruption. Last I heard Santa Claus, AZ was still for sale.
    I don't trust a government that doesn't trust me with a gun.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links