Sanitary Waste Disposal Planning in A SHTF Event - Page 2
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Sanitary Waste Disposal Planning in A SHTF Event

This is a discussion on Sanitary Waste Disposal Planning in A SHTF Event within the General Prepper and Survival Talk forums, part of the Survivalist, Prepper, Bushcrafter, Forest Rangers category; Originally Posted by John Galt Lord help those who live in a metro area if the plumbing stops. Back when I was into spelunking we ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: Sanitary Waste Disposal Planning in A SHTF Event

Quote Originally Posted by John Galt View Post
    Lord help those who live in a metro area if the plumbing stops.

Back when I was into spelunking we would take a trash bag lined 5 gallon pail into the cave with us for overnight visits. Worked well enough and in a cave as long as nobody shined their carbide lantern on you it was private enough. We called them honey buckets.

Keeping a bag of lime at home may be a worth while idea.
    When we are up high we do the same except we use cut down contractor trash bags as liners and well everyone can see what you are doing. Second on the lime!

Ziploc baggies and neighbor's mailbox.

I really dislike that guy.....
    Just because I am peaceful does not mean I have forgotten how to be violent.
    If I am to die tonight I shall see that the night does not pass quietly.

Hidden Content

Hidden Content (Not a troll, a 12 Charlie)
    Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by Coastie dad View Post
    Ziploc baggies and neighbor's mailbox.

I really dislike that guy.....

in the frozen north getting rid of human waste is going to be a wintertime problem - been suggested to find an unoccupied building and store until spring .... can you imagine kicking in a bugged out neighbors basement window and start daily depositing from the neighborhood .... and have them return at the crack of springtime ....
    I llini WarriorHidden Content

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

The thing is, even if you do the sanitary and correct thing, how do you get everyone around you to do it too. They could be inside crapping on the carpet (Don't say "never happen", I've seen it). And if just one doesn't behave, the result is bad all around.
    Denton and A Watchman like this.

Quote Originally Posted by sideKahr View Post
    The thing is, even if you do the sanitary and correct thing, how do you get everyone around you to do it too. They could be inside crapping on the carpet (Don't say "never happen", I've seen it). And if just one doesn't behave, the result is bad all around.
    Another reason why cities are death traps. Poor sanitation had much to do with poor health and cholera in NYC little was done about it. The Cholera Epidemic of 1832 Here is something about Philadelphia Cholera | Encyclopedia of Greater Philadelphia
    sideKahr and A Watchman like this.
    Blessed be God, my rock who trains my hands for battle, my fingers for war. Psalms 144:1

Victory can depend on a dog or a goose---Napoleon

double post.
    Last edited by Camel923; 08-08-2016 at 07:49 AM. Reason: double post
    Blessed be God, my rock who trains my hands for battle, my fingers for war. Psalms 144:1

Victory can depend on a dog or a goose---Napoleon

Quote Originally Posted by sideKahr View Post

look at the SuperDome during Katrina - totally lost cause with those people .... the toilets were overflowing and the sheeple trash were standing in the bathroom line and stepping in IT - waiting to add to the problem ....

a group, town, neighborhood is bound to have a bad apple that refuses to cooperate due to laziness or "I'm above that" attitude - that's when they get the "either or speech" followed by a shotgun blackballing out of the situation, for non-compliance ....
    Last edited by Illini Warrior; 08-08-2016 at 08:54 AM.
    sideKahr and A Watchman like this.
    I llini WarriorHidden Content

Hopefully there is some space between you and the non-prepping masses. Here is a reminder from Auckland, New Zealand of just how nasty some people can be... you've probably all heard this before, but if this had been a long term event, disease wouldn't have been far behind....

On January 20, 1998, a cable supplying electricity to the city of Auckland, New Zealand failed. Because there were a total of four, this was initially not a serious problem. As stress began building on the remaining cables, however, a domino effect occurred and a month later, all electricity was out in the 20 block Central Business District. The CBD is home to about 6,000 apartment-dwellers and 8,000 businesses employing 70,000 people. The outage ended up lasting five weeks. With power gone, both homes and offices suddenly were without sewage services. Combined with the sudden lack of air conditioning, conditions quickly tumbled into the stone age.

One blogger, writing at the time of the disaster, reported, “People in general are not smart. Rather than try and conserve or make a plan once the water stopped flowing, they would flush their toilets. Without power. . . the tank doesn’t refill. The effect is not only gross but staggering. What human beings that have never lived beyond modern conveniences will do is unimaginable.

“. . . when people were actually confronted with such a situation, they went where ever they could – they filled the toilet, the toilet tank, the tub, the shower, the sink – when the bathrooms became uninhabitable, they went in corners, boxes, bags, closets…most however left by the time they were using the tub. Guess how long that took? That’s right, three days!”

Life in the Dark | WIRED
    A Watchman likes this.

There are over 1 billion people who practice open defecation. India and most of Africa are the biggest violators of people crapping regularly out in the open.

FUBAR

I would build a outhouse , very easy to do .I do have a few 5 gal. buckets around if needed , just have to put a seat on one .
    Hidden Content
    GOD Bless The South , The best things in life are Hidden Content ,Hidden Content ,Hidden Content , prayer , 2nd Amendment , my wife , not all in the order .

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links