Bugging Out or Staying Put? - Page 4
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Bugging Out or Staying Put?

This is a discussion on Bugging Out or Staying Put? within the General Prepper and Survival Talk forums, part of the Survivalist, Prepper, Bushcrafter, Forest Rangers category; The only drawback is that you might not have the help you need to stand watch or to fight a small or medium size group. ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
Like Tree27Likes

Thread: Bugging Out or Staying Put?

The only drawback is that you might not have the help you need to stand watch or to fight a small or medium size group. Fortresses are no match for a determined force. Take a look at the castles in Europe. They couldn't stand up to the low tech armies of the day or even the peasants revolts. If you had neighbors who could band together it might make the difference between living and dying.

Quote Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
    The only drawback is that you might not have the help you need to stand watch or to fight a small or medium size group. Fortresses are no match for a determined force. Take a look at the castles in Europe. They couldn't stand up to the low tech armies of the day or even the peasants revolts. If you had neighbors who could band together it might make the difference between living and dying.
    Luckily,I only have two niegbors and both are like minded prepping families that have their own skills along with mine and we are organised to assist each other as need be rather it be gardening,drinking a beer or helping defend each other with an ultimate plan of all three families falling back to one house should the need arise.Both of them have family members as well with medical issues.We'll fight as long as we can,we are not short on defenses,ammo or able bodies,including some of the kids.When you can't run,you make sure you become a damn good shot.I mentioned in an earlier thread of my two nieghbors/friends,my 13 yr old son and myself has now "robin hooded" arrows at 40 yds (my son got his right around two weeks ago).And we all just took up archery around one year ago,they all use compounds,I use a crossbow due to my neck/shoulder injury.So unless it's a large organised well armed gang,we fight till we win or we die trying.

(QUOTE)the guy above that is ex military but then he found Jesus and wants to bless everything from your dog to the napkins on your table, which is fine but just not sure if he would swat flies now. [/QUOTE]

I cant speak for him, but I would talk in detail to him about how things might go down. I, personally have given all of my being to Jesus. In an SHTF scenario, I would not blink an eye at defending my home and my family, and any innocent ,good people. I see evil as evil, and have no problem doing Gods work to eliminate vermin.
    rice paddy daddy and StarPD45 like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Every situation is different and there is no clear cut answer to what is best. We don't know what is going to happen nor when and we cannot predict the response of the people or agencies around us.
    Fuzzee likes this.

I am fortunate that I have finally established a property where I plan to stay put and friends will bug out to me, but I do need to plan on a place to bug out to if SHTF where I live.

i would like to stay at my place once i get it set up, BUT depentding on situation i will up & leave. i do not wanna be that guy that endangers everyone else just cause im more confortable at the house. that being said ive done alot of looking for my i.n.c.h. bag & am bruching up on skills that will alow me not to be the guy lugging around a camper bad, haha.

The Good Cop

Quote Originally Posted by SAR-1L View Post
    .... specifically, I live in Colorado Springs,.....................
    I feel your pain! :-o
    In 1969 I volunteered for Vietnam to get the hell out of Fort Carson and Colorado Springs. It was the pits then, probably still is.
    "There is nothing so exhilarating as to be shot at without result." Winston Churchill
    "Leave the artillerymen alone, they are an obstinate lot." Napoleon
    Member: VFW, American Legion, Vietnam Veterans of America, Society of the 5th Infantry Division, Sons of the American Revolution.

When the wife and I discussed bugging out or staying put, we decided to stay. The deciding factor? Water. If we lived in a city, we would definitely leave. Since we're staying we have adjusted our plans accordingly.

We live on a waterway with a unlimited supply. That being said, we also have to be extra vigilant from raider attacks.

I put this in thought when I got my second home close to a river between my house is deep woods then a river after that 3 loc is a another house with still bars on every door and window and a 360 view on a hill with well water and more country . I think if the Shtf !!!! I stand a decent chance of survial I hope. if all fails cut lose baggage and let it all burn so nobody gets anything

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Sponsored Links