Ccanary Island tsunami threat
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

This is a discussion on Ccanary Island tsunami threat within the General Prepper and Survival Talk forums, part of the Survivalist, Prepper, Bushcrafter, Forest Rangers category; Whats the real possiblity of this threat? Is it overhyped that a tsunami can reach the east coast at 500mph and as high as (Trying ...

Whats the real possiblity of this threat? Is it overhyped that a tsunami can reach the east coast at 500mph and as high as (Trying to remember the size), 2000 feet if the volcanos collapse the island creating the tsunami? To me, I think the wave would disperse and not even reach the east coast.

At 500 mph even at 100ft hight there'd be a million or more dead. I'm sure some of the liberally managed
    cities would leave school buses of people behind - like thats' never happened.

they are predicting a wave of "several hundred meters." There is NO chance of surviving that on long island or anywhere near the coast. How far west can you drive in about 6 hours? That is about all the notice you will get and if you are on long island, forget it. There is no evacuation plan for that event and people would lose their mind trying to get out of here. Safety would be only a few hours upstate NY but trying to get there would be impossible.
    If I had a boat, which I don't, I would head out into the atlantic as fast as I could, hoping that the wave would pass right under my boat (that I don't have) and I could survive. Anyone need a co-Captain? lol

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

South of the Red River and North of the Rio Grande
    Risk=likelihood + impact.

Yeah, impact would be huge but likelihood is extremely small so risk is low. Over Geological time you have more chance if being hit by lightening.
    "Erosion of our rights just takes a few good men doing nothing"
    Who is John Galt?

I was watching an episode on N-Geo? Last year or so about it.
    They were showing proof on both sides of the theory.
    Mainly the volcano will split apart at some time in the near/ distant future.
    Also a truck size boulder placed on top of a HUGE cliff in south america, was claimed to be from a similar event a few hundred years ago.

Sponsored Links