We have been infiltrated - Page 2

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

We have been infiltrated

This is a discussion on We have been infiltrated within the General Prepper and Survival Talk forums, part of the Survivalist, Prepper, Bushcrafter, Forest Rangers category; Originally Posted by sideKahr Both posts by Deaf3279. Apologies if you're a real human. No, I believe Deaf3279 is a real person. In his intro ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree36Likes

Thread: We have been infiltrated

Quote Originally Posted by sideKahr View Post
    Both posts by Deaf3279. Apologies if you're a real human.
    No, I believe Deaf3279 is a real person. In his intro posts, I noticed the same thing that might be misconstrued as computer generated which is why I asked him if ASL (American Sign Language) was his first language.

I have a very good friend who is from the deaf community. He was born a hearing child of deaf parents and has deaf siblings and relatives so he grew up in the deaf community but was a hearing person. He's in his late 70s now and is going deaf, ironically. But his first language was ASL.

He has introduced me to a number of his friends and family members who are deaf and I've learned a little about the communication differences in hearing vs. deaf people.

Okay. Sorry, Deaf3279. As you were.
    Slippy, baldman, Maol9 and 1 others like this.

Slippy you really are a old softy .... Ha ha. I've p.m. deaf he lives a half hour from me and seams to be real. Cracking jokes and all.
    beach23bum, Maol9, dmet and 2 others like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

My family thinks I've been a little "OFF" a long time now....Could it be because I'm totally deaf and don't know ASL ? (Neither do they ROFL!)
    Slippy likes this.

Retired Moderator

Come on guys have you never known a deaf person? Translating ASL to written English is like a second language.
    Slippy and sideKahr like this.
    Hidden Content
    Remain calm, All is well

insensitive bastards!!!! lol
    -IN OMNIA PARATUS

Oh it OK, You be fine. nothing see here, move along now. there no foreign infiltration.
    Slippy likes this.
    "There is a destiny that shapes our ends, Rough, hew them as we will."

Quote Originally Posted by Auntie View Post
    Come on guys have you never known a deaf person? Translating ASL to written English is like a second language.
    I have known 2. I do not know ASL. It was interesting watching someone try to translate at times. 1 of the funniest things was during a debate he shut his eyes and put his hand in his lap. The translate said " he's ignoring you". Yah I got that 1 and the finger just before made it even more clear. I got a good laugh and when he was ready to talk aging he couldn't understand why I was smiling. It had to be explained and then another round of laughs. Good times, thanks for making me remember that.
    Slippy likes this.

I took ASL in junior high as my "foreign language" instead of Spanish... right before I was shipped off to a boarding school in Mexico where I was required to speak Spanish. FML

I was unaware that written English was different to people using ASL though, that's interesting.
    sideKahr, A Watchman and Slippy like this.
    Hidden Content

My accommodation of your incompetence does not make you right.

Quote Originally Posted by SecretPrepper View Post
    I have known 2. I do not know ASL. It was interesting watching someone try to translate at times. 1 of the funniest things was during a debate he shut his eyes and put his hand in his lap. The translate said " he's ignoring you". Yah I got that 1 and the finger just before made it even more clear. I got a good laugh and when he was ready to talk aging he couldn't understand why I was smiling. It had to be explained and then another round of laughs. Good times, thanks for making me remember that.
    I thought the middle finger meant cactus in ASL, or is that Australian sign language?
    Hidden Content

My accommodation of your incompetence does not make you right.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links