How long do we have??
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

How long do we have??

This is a discussion on How long do we have?? within the General Prepper and Survival Talk forums, part of the Survivalist, Prepper, Bushcrafter, Forest Rangers category; I am curious.. in a case of a complete breakdown,nuclear war, financial collapse, and chaos in the world we know, How long do we really ...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: How long do we have??

How long do we have??

I am curious.. in a case of a complete breakdown,nuclear war, financial collapse, and chaos in the world we know, How long do we really have to survive? If there are no markets and it is no longer safe to travel because people are taking what they need from one another, and you are in hiding how much time do we really have to live? My father asked me this question and I have been really thinking about it.
    Old Man likes this.

I am trying to build a small bunker because money is limited and my dad hit me with all of that and I never really thought of how long I would really have. My bag is built for three days. I am not sure what I would really do as soon as it all ran out.

Most possibilities are "if" but economic collapse is "when". My guess is that it is right around the corner. How long you survive is not carved in stone either. It depends on you, how well you are prepared, luck and several other factors. I can't speak for anyone else but I plan to stick around for quite some time.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

If you create a sustainable living environment you can live out your days.
    If you are merely going to depend on how much you can store up - well
    most people can live a few years and Bill Gates can live out his days.

You know the addage if we give the hungry in Africa a bag of rice or beans
    they can live a few weeks or months, but if we teach them to grow their
    own they can live for years or a "life time." Same is true in prepping. If
    we are going to depend on what is stored we best be rich and store a lot,
    but if our preps are going to sustain us - then we just need coverage for
    interruptions in production.

My garden is in the works this week. But I live in a very densely populated are area and defending my home would only last so long.The mountains are six miles up but I figure I won't be the only one with the bright idea to seek food in that direction. I think I am starting Chapter two prepping

If you live in a highly populated California city (like I do) then instead of preparing to bug in I'd prepare to bug out. I know that is easy for me because of the property my dad left me but there are properties you can get for very little that can sustain a large family with a reasonable effort.

Quote Originally Posted by Juggernaut View Post
    My garden is in the works this week. But I live in a very densely populated are area and defending my home would only last so long.The mountains are six miles up but I figure I won't be the only one with the bright idea to seek food in that direction. I think I am starting Chapter two prepping

I beleive a lot depends on the person and their survial skills, and how determine you are to live. You would be suprise what you can do if you have too! The main thing is there is a lot of good information here. You just have to take the time to look it up.
    oswegoscott and rickkyw1720pf like this.

I think that most people would not make it. Probably around 50%. Then another 25% of those people would end up in assistance camps or whatever, and the rest would manage. I could stay going pretty much indefinitely. Decent stock of food and supplies. Good mix of weapons. More seeds than I could plant in 25 years. I would prefer to stay in my house - but have two back up plans to bug out just in case.

It depends on a lot of different factors. Really what it comes down to though, is how prepared you were prior to the disaster, and your survival knowledge. If you don't know how to hunt, or what plants are edible, or how to start a fire...etc. You won't last very long. But, if you do have this knowledge, and are prepared prior to the event, you could last a long time, but again it really depends on a lot of different variables.
    "Blessed is the one who reads aloud the words of this prophecy, and blessed are those who hear, and who keep what is written in it, for the time is near".

- Revelation 1:3

At a recent preppers gathering in PA, where we had a discussion on EMP's the one year casualty rate was estimated at 66 to 90 %.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links